Author Topic: Discussion about interpreter services.  (Read 27822 times)

Offline Cudge

Re: Discussion about interpreter services.
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »
I didn't apply, sorry, I requested on line an interpreter for Corringham at 10 pm. No answer yet. I guess nobody wants to go there, at least no Portuguese speaking interpreter.

Be sure that they know which Corringham it is so they know whether to go to Essex or Lincolnshire

AnneGuedes

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 09:19:14 PM »
Which firm was it, in Corringham, Anne?
Hope you got the right Corringham, Lincolnshire or Essex?
Essex.
The firm is on line, I tried the first Cudge posted : http://www.absolutetranslations.com

Offline gilet

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 09:19:58 PM »
Be sure that they know which Corringham it is so they know whether to go to Essex or Lincolnshire
Perhaps they realise you are not in Corringham and are simply playing a silly game with them?

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 09:39:49 PM »
Essex.
The firm is on line, I tried the first Cudge posted : http://www.absolutetranslations.com

You must have dreamt it Anne. Not an absolutetranslations in Essex.

Join our team

If you are a qualified and experienced linguist, produce work of a high standard, have excellent time-keeping skills and are commercially astute, please send us your CV with a covering letter.  @)(++(* @)(++(*
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:46:04 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

AnneGuedes

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2013, 10:05:07 PM »
You must have dreamt it Anne. Not an absolutetranslations in Essex.

Join our team

If you are a qualified and experienced linguist, produce work of a high standard, have excellent time-keeping skills and are commercially astute, please send us your CV with a covering letter.  @)(++(* @)(++(*
Who said I said I was in Corringham ? And who said I answered an offer to join their team ? I'm not looking for a job, I left the UE (commission) where I translated daily for 7 years.
I think you're the dreaming one !

Offline DCI

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2013, 10:17:55 PM »
Who said I said I was in Corringham ? And who said I answered an offer to join their team ? I'm not looking for a job, I left the UE (commission) where I translated daily for 7 years.

I didn't apply, sorry, I requested on line an interpreter for Corringham at 10 pm. No answer yet. I guess nobody wants to go there, at least no Portuguese speaking interpreter.

Nobody said you were, you bought Corringham up and Essex. I think we know why.

You must think my head zips up at the back Anne!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:21:08 PM by DCI »

Rachel Granada

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2013, 10:18:13 PM »

I don't understand what you are on about, Anne.... did you apply for an interpreting job or what?  Where does Corringham come into the equation?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2013, 10:20:15 PM »

If you know why, you're lucky, I don't !

AnneGuedes

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2013, 10:26:23 PM »
I don't understand what you are on about, Anne.... did you apply for an interpreting job or what?  Where does Corringham come into the equation?
I just tested if, in the UK, you really could request an interpreter in a nutshell for a little city. I chose, close to London to be easier, Corringham because it has as many inhabitants as Lagos. Unfortunately they didn't have a Portuguese speaking interpreter to send to Corringham for 2 hours interview before midnight.
Ce n'est pas grave, mais une fois de plus on dit n'importe quoi sur ce forum.

Offline DCI

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2013, 10:34:57 PM »
I just tested if, in the UK, you really could request an interpreter in a nutshell for a little city. I chose, close to London to be easier, Corringham because it has as many inhabitants as Lagos. Unfortunately they didn't have a Portuguese speaking interpreter to send to Corringham for 2 hours interview before midnight.

It does not matter, but once again we say anything on this forum. We know you do Anne!

Offline sadie

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »

All countries speak english Anne.  Few speak Portuguese. 

Did you ask them in French or Greek or some other language, like when you had a fire in the building in Lisboa and needed urgent help? 8(0(*

Offline sadie

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »
Why has it been removed and retitled, John?

Bad translations are relevant to the Madeleine Mccann case.

I, personally, know of at least one transaltion that has been altered to make facts better for the anti Mccann side.

Now this is down here in no mans land, posters will not find it.

Offline John

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2013, 11:43:38 PM »
Why has it been removed and retitled, John?

Bad translations are relevant to the Madeleine Mccann case.

I, personally, know of at least one transaltion that has been altered to make facts better for the anti Mccann side.

Now this is down here in no mans land, posters will not find it.

The posts were removed as they were completely off topic.  I will move the new thread back to the original board though as it contains a few references to Portugal.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2013, 11:50:57 PM »
The posts were removed as they were completely off topic.  I will move the new thread back to the original board though as it contains a few references to Portugal.
Thank you John

I can see it is back

Rene Hasse vanished from here too, and I think it relevant to Madeleines abduction.

Offline gilet

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2013, 12:44:41 AM »

There are serious flaws in your little game though.

First playing with serious people is a stupid waste of their time.

Second you are clearly not aware that priority is given to the authorities and you actually have no idea how a company might respond if the request related to a serious police matter such as the disappearance of a little child.

Third you possibly are not aware that large amounts of interpretation work are now done by telephone or via skype or similar connections. You show no awareness of this anyway. Did you request such a service?

Fourth you have no idea if the company you called simply took your request as a kind of spam call as they would have been aware that you were not in the UK.

Fifth I also know full well the significance of that name.