Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1352917 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #645 on: November 27, 2013, 05:10:57 PM »
Nesting for the PJ.

God, was that not ever a hoot.  But The PJ snuck in without an Amaral supporter in sight.

I sometimes forget the laughs that I have had.

And now it is all back on hold until January.  Not sure which January.

icabodcrane

« Reply #646 on: November 27, 2013, 05:11:27 PM »
Oh My, you could be right.  Although in so far as I understand it, Amaral was just in the process of calling The Smiths back to Portugal, without the benefit of any legal obligation.  So Mr. Smith could have refused.
Sadly, we will never know because Amaral was sacked shortly after.  And Rebelo didn't think it was worth the extra effort.

I am no Amaral defender but I must ask why you are perpetuating the myth that he was  'sacked'  ?

He was not 

Lyall

« Reply #647 on: November 27, 2013, 05:15:30 PM »
Other leads were investigated, but trying to slam dunk a confession out of the McCann's destroyed their case.

Ok 8(>(( That's certainly the TM narrative.

The truth about what went on behind that Police HQ door? Who knows.

Offline Rogerandout

• Upholder of Verifiable Scientific Truth
« Reply #648 on: November 27, 2013, 05:20:26 PM »
Ok 8(>(( That's certainly the TM narrative.

The truth about what went on behind that Police HQ door? Who knows.

We know that Amaral presented the worst possible outcome as truth, even though the evidence did not support the key points- it was either misinterpreted accidentally or purposefully. The question list for Kate McCann makes it clear he was also muck raking. This is SOP for old fashioned policing.

Clear evidence of going for a confession by any means rather than using scientific methods.
I

Offline Rogerandout

« Reply #649 on: November 27, 2013, 05:21:18 PM »
I am no Amaral defender but I must ask why you are perpetuating the myth that he was  'sacked'  ?

He was not

Sacked/Removed from the case.
I

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #650 on: November 27, 2013, 05:33:26 PM »

He was not

Amaral was forcibly removed from The Madeleine Investigation.  Is that sacked or is that sacked?  Okay. I'll settle for Forcibly Removed.

Lyall

« Reply #651 on: November 27, 2013, 06:33:43 PM »
We know that Amaral presented the worst possible outcome as truth, even though the evidence did not support the key points- it was either misinterpreted accidentally or purposefully. The question list for Kate McCann makes it clear he was also muck raking. This is SOP for old fashioned policing.

Clear evidence of going for a confession by any means rather than using scientific methods.

Old fashioned policing? I'm currently reading books on two recent, high-profile UK cases, and if you think our police don't behave exactly the way you describe - and worse - I'd think again.

But you really have no evidence at all about what happened in that Portimao police station in September 07, apart from the TM spin about it.

Offline Rogerandout

« Reply #652 on: November 27, 2013, 07:00:45 PM »
Old fashioned policing? I'm currently reading books on two recent, high-profile UK cases, and if you think our police don't behave exactly the way you describe - and worse - I'd think again.

But you really have no evidence at all about what happened in that Portimao police station in September 07, apart from the TM spin about it.

The list of questions defines what was going on.

Since policing in the UK was brought into the modern era, you will find that aggressive interviewing to get a confession is seen as wasted effort and in major cases they now use cognitive interviewing almost exclusively.

Juries now suspect police techniques and confessions are often successfully withdrawn if forced by old fashioned methods.
I

Lyall

« Reply #653 on: November 27, 2013, 07:07:20 PM »
The list of questions defines what was going on.

Since policing in the UK was brought into the modern era, you will find that aggressive interviewing to get a confession is seen as wasted effort and in major cases they now use cognitive interviewing almost exclusively.

Juries now suspect police techniques and confessions are often successfully withdrawn if forced by old fashioned methods.

I'm not talking about confessions. I mean their methods of evidence gathering from interviewing witnesses. Not much has changed there.

The list of questions defines what was going on? Not sure I know what you mean. We know KM missed the second set of interviews in May, and the 48 questions in September just look like those that were missed in May. They are pretty easy questions.

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #654 on: November 28, 2013, 09:48:46 PM »
Crime watch just had police man thanking public .pic of mr spotty in back ground

Benita

« Reply #655 on: November 28, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »
Crime watch just had police man thanking public .pic of mr spotty in back ground

it was DCI Redwood thanking the public ..good to see madeleine's still high profile ... 8((()*/

Benita

« Reply #656 on: November 30, 2013, 11:10:37 AM »
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, the officer in charge of the Madeleine McCann investigation, appeared on BBC1's Crimewatch programme this evening, Thursday 28 November.

His appearance is a month on from the appeal in the UK, Germany and Holland on specific lines of enquiry, changes to the timeline and issuing of e-fits of people police wish to trace.

DCI Redwood said: "The media appeals produced a fantastic response from the public in all three countries with a total of 3,500 calls and messages in the UK, 850 to Germany, and 650 in Holland.

"Lots of people have called to say they were in Praia da Luz at the time. All of this information has obviously produced a very large volume of work for the Operation Grange team to work through.

"I have been in Faro this week working with police colleagues, and I know the appeal generated a large number of calls to the Portuguese police also.

"I’d like to thank the media and the public for their continued assistance in this challenging enquiry."

Detectives said new material uncovered by the inquiry does not implicate the family or their friends.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:14:24 AM by Benita »

Offline jassi

« Reply #657 on: November 30, 2013, 11:44:36 AM »
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, the officer in charge of the Madeleine McCann investigation, appeared on BBC1's Crimewatch programme this evening, Thursday 28 November.

His appearance is a month on from the appeal in the UK, Germany and Holland on specific lines of enquiry, changes to the timeline and issuing of e-fits of people police wish to trace.

DCI Redwood said: "The media appeals produced a fantastic response from the public in all three countries with a total of 3,500 calls and messages in the UK, 850 to Germany, and 650 in Holland.

"Lots of people have called to say they were in Praia da Luz at the time. All of this information has obviously produced a very large volume of work for the Operation Grange team to work through.

"I have been in Faro this week working with police colleagues, and I know the appeal generated a large number of calls to the Portuguese police also.

"I’d like to thank the media and the public for their continued assistance in this challenging enquiry."

Detectives said new material uncovered by the inquiry does not implicate the family or their friends.

Did he say that on the 28th, or are you just tagging old news  onto new?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Redblossom

« Reply #658 on: November 30, 2013, 03:51:42 PM »
Did he say that on the 28th, or are you just tagging old news  onto new?

No he didnt, it was said about 6 weeks,so old news....and nothing to do with last couple days coverage..thats why its etiquette to provide links....lol

Redblossom

« Reply #659 on: November 30, 2013, 04:41:32 PM »

its irrelevant when he said it...he still said it ...just reminding the [ censored word ]s dear!  8((()*/

Well, apart from the fact that you are breaking forum rules by using such peurile terms, take note, it would be handy if you wanted to say or quote something to not do it in a deceptive way....i may as well then quote a story and add to the end of it that leicestershire police said that although one or both maybe innocent there is nothing in the  files that exonerrates them....the mccanns that is...after all its irrelevant when they said it and in what context lol

no difference, best to give a link always anyway go back up your text...something which I note is still lacking, despite requests, on your *text* around day 10 of the libel trial......