Author Topic: No Smells!  (Read 10900 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: No Smells!
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2019, 08:52:55 PM »

You can invent things to your heart's content, but unless you can demonstrate that they actually happened in this case, you are wasting your time IMO

It's not a case of inventing things its ruling out other explanations and possibilities.  I don't need to demonstrate anything it has already been done by The National Policing Improvement Agency:

The Victim Recovery Dogs used in this operation were drawn from 4 different forces.  It emerged that each force has its own training and deployment policy and so there is no consistency in what the dogs can do and how it is done.  Furthermore, there is no national standard for accrediting dogs and handlers, or record keeping of the success rate they achieve.  This makes it difficult for SIO's to interpret the indication from a dog with no way knowing how reliable that indication was in the first place.  ACPO is currently examining this issue due to a number of recent cases where the use of victim recovery dogs has had the potential to cause complications in an enquiry.

The properties that the dog searched contained a high level of second-hand furniture bought from dwellings where someone had died.  This resulted in numerous indications that required further investigation to confirm whether they were connected to the investigation, or to previous owners of the furniture. 

The value of these dogs is undoubted, but there is an urgent need to have national policy on their training, accreditation and deployment and better information for SIOs about their use.  The NPIA is currently working with the ACPO Strategic Dogs Working Group to resolve these issues.

Page 25 of doc:

http://library.college.police.uk/docs/npia/Operation-Paris.pdf

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline The General

« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2019, 08:54:40 PM »
You have absolutely nothing to base that assumption on.
No, let's have this. I'm intrigued. I want to read about the travel path of this odour.
Which way would you expect an odour to travel, Holly?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline jassi

« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2019, 08:57:22 PM »
It's not a case of inventing things its ruling out other explanations and possibilities.  I don't need to demonstrate anything it has already been done by The National Policing Improvement Agency:

The Victim Recovery Dogs used in this operation were drawn from 4 different forces.  It emerged that each force has its own training and deployment policy and so there is no consistency in what the dogs can do and how it is done.  Furthermore, there is no national standard for accrediting dogs and handlers, or record keeping of the success rate they achieve.  This makes it difficult for SIO's to interpret the indication from a dog with no way knowing how reliable that indication was in the first place.  ACPO is currently examining this issue due to a number of recent cases where the use of victim recovery dogs has had the potential to cause complications in an enquiry.

The properties that the dog searched contained a high level of second-hand furniture bought from dwellings where someone had died.  This resulted in numerous indications that required further investigation to confirm whether they were connected to the investigation, or to previous owners of the furniture. 

The value of these dogs is undoubted, but there is an urgent need to have national policy on their training, accreditation and deployment and better information for SIOs about their use.  The NPIA is currently working with the ACPO Strategic Dogs Working Group to resolve these issues.

Page 25 of doc:

http://library.college.police.uk/docs/npia/Operation-Paris.pdf

You are inventing your suggestion that Mrs Fenn's apartment wreaked of death which just happened to percolate downwards into 5A
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2019, 09:00:35 PM »
I would love to know what the PJ told Martin Grime about the case prior to the dog searches.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2019, 09:06:52 PM »
I would love to know what the PJ told Martin Grime about the case prior to the dog searches.
He said that he'd be happy to help. He said his dogs like Pedigree Chum, but due to their success rate, he feeds them on Winalot!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2019, 09:07:58 PM »
You are inventing your suggestion that Mrs Fenn's apartment wreaked of death which just happened to percolate downwards into 5A
That is a theory.  Stands until it is proven wrong.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2019, 09:09:13 PM »
He said that he'd be happy to help. He said his dogs like Pedigree Chum, but due to their success rate, he feeds them on Winalot!
They are certainly full of energy.  He must feed them well.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2019, 09:18:02 PM »
Interesting but I was more interested in what the PJ told him about the case before the searches took place rather than what he told them about his furry friends.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2019, 09:24:24 PM »

That is a theory.  Stands until it is proven wrong.

Another one to add to the village of the damned.

Pinched from elsewhere.

"What a place. Why does anyone holiday there?
It's populated by black heroin addicts, people who rob apartments, gypsies who steal scrap and wood, scruffy moustachioed lurers of children, bogus charity collectors, suspicious street musicians, men lurking near phone booths, glasses man lurking in stairwells, blond men suspiciously lurking outside apartments, soothing couples entering apartments without permission, mysterious gangs of cleaners, men taking photographs of children on beaches... And to top it all, you have to queue for a table booking."
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline The General

« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2019, 09:31:35 PM »
Interesting but I was more interested in what the PJ told him about the case before the searches took place rather than what he told them about his furry friends.
Ah, OK. Don't know.

Offline sadie

« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2019, 11:22:06 PM »

@)(++(*  I like it!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2019, 11:50:18 PM »
@)(++(*  I like it!
It sounds really meaty.
Moderation

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2019, 07:40:01 PM »
Well exactly. How many were issuing death certificates, for example?

There was a claim on another thread (sorry can't locate it- so many dog threads!) a lot was made of the fact that kate was a GP and there may be cross contamination from her trousers as she handed out death certificates.

The supporters made great posts  supporting with that one. I laughed my head off.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin