Author Topic: No Smells!  (Read 10982 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

No Smells!
« on: July 01, 2019, 11:45:47 AM »
I can't claim this little treasure as my own since I picked up on it from reading one of the police interviews with a member of T9.  I think it was MO from memory but can't be certain.

Anyway afaik those that entered 5A to carry out checks: GM, KM and MO do not mention any unfamiliar smells eg perfume, aftershave, body odour, cigarettes, alcohol.

I don't know about others but I think I have a strong sense of smell and if I entered the apartment where someone had recently been smelling of the above I may well have detected such.  However maybe if the window/shutter was fully open as KM claimed maybe it would diminish. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Robittybob1

Re: No Smells!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 12:15:12 PM »
I can't claim this little treasure as my own since I picked up on it from reading one of the police interviews with a member of T9.  I think it was MO from memory but can't be certain.

Anyway afaik those that entered 5A to carry out checks: GM, KM and MO do not mention any unfamiliar smells eg perfume, aftershave, body odour, cigarettes, alcohol.

I don't know about others but I think I have a strong sense of smell and if I entered the apartment where someone had recently been smelling of the above I may well have detected such.  However maybe if the window/shutter was fully open as KM claimed maybe it would diminish.

OK this will be a hard topic to discuss, but have you really tried to prove whether it would be possible to sense this.
 I'm not saying it is impossible but IMO humans have a poor sense of smell.  There was a program called Master Chef and they had a test where the chefs (contestants) had to identify what they were given while they were blindfolded.  Most failed even when they smelt it.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 02:10:03 PM »
My missus is able to detect, not only the fact that I've had a wee nip or two, but can also discern the approximate tributary that fed the distillery on Islay.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 02:24:45 PM »
My missus is able to detect, not only the fact that I've had a wee nip or two, but can also discern the approximate tributary that fed the distillery on Islay.

There's an episode of Absolutely Fabulous where Edina is legless as a teenager but her Mum never noticed. My mother was like that, but she could smell cigarette smoke at 50 paces. I used to be staggering and slurring and she was asking me if I'd been smoking!
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 09:03:45 PM »
It was raised on the forum some time ago that the window might have been opened to help dissipate the smell of a substance used to overcome Madeleine.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 09:05:46 PM »
It was raised on the forum some time ago that the window might have been opened to help dissipate the smell of a substance used to overcome Madeleine.

But for what reason ? Would an abductor care  if there was a lingering smell?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline The General

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 09:08:28 PM »
Good point. 'Quick, waft away the smell of the chloroform before we make good our escape'.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 09:12:48 PM »

Well if it is in the air he/she they may be overcome themselves and conk out...  you silly thing... 8**8:/:
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 09:13:55 PM »
Good point. 'Quick, waft away the smell of the chloroform before we make good our escape'.

I understand that chloroform dissipates quite rapidly.

And nobody in the T9 reported an odd smell.

There's a puzzle.
What's up, old man?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 10:02:55 PM »
Control Risks

"MO enters flat, hears a sound in the children's bedroom that is probably one of the twins rolling over in their cot." @)(++(*

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TIME_LINE_3_MAY_07.htm

From the witness:

"I was there to check, erm, no, no funny sort of smells, no sort of funny draughts, no sort of funny sort of noises, no, erm, nothing that I can think of for that. I mean, it was a complete just a shock out of the blue when, you know, I'd been in and then suddenly somebody's saying Madeleine's missing, there was nothing that made me think, oh'."

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm

*%87

Who in the tapas 9 was changing statements?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline The General

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 10:06:48 PM »
Control Risks

"MO enters flat, hears a sound in the children's bedroom that is probably one of the twins rolling over in their cot." @)(++(*

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TIME_LINE_3_MAY_07.htm

From the witness:

"I was there to check, erm, no, no funny sort of smells, no sort of funny draughts, no sort of funny sort of noises, no, erm, nothing that I can think of for that. I mean, it was a complete just a shock out of the blue when, you know, I'd been in and then suddenly somebody's saying Madeleine's missing, there was nothing that made me think, oh'."

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm

*%87
'Hello, McFly'.
What's the chances of the concentration of simple-minded doctors on one holiday?

Offline sadie

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 11:55:55 PM »

He/she would, if keen to give the false impression that  Madeleine had gone of her own volition.  And especially that no one with access to OC keys was involved.

IMO

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 08:11:42 AM »
He/she would, if keen to give the false impression that  Madeleine had gone of her own volition.  And especially that no one with access to OC keys was involved.

IMO

Is there any evidence that supports an employee or associate of OC being involved?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 10:31:12 AM »
Is there any evidence that supports an employee or associate of OC being involved?

As far as I am aware, none.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 10:35:24 AM »

Good point Holly, that would appear to rule Smellyman out then.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!