Author Topic: Were The McCann Children more vulnerable than the others?  (Read 13664 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Were The McCann Children more vulnerable than the others?
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2019, 01:23:06 PM »
IMO the conundrum exists because sceptics want their cake and eat it.  They want the McCanns and their friends to be neglectful and not to be doing frequent checks, they want there to be no opportunity in the timeline for an abductor to enter the apartment, they want to heap extra criticism on the McCanns for giving a putuative abductor extra opportunity to strike by leaving the door unlocked.  There is no conundrum created by the Tapas group's version of events IMO.

IMO, supporters want their cake and eat it, stringent checking yet still a hypothetical window of opportunity.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2019, 04:11:40 PM »
The forum appears to recognise the risk of unwanted intruders if you leave your holiday apartment unlocked yet at least half the forum also appears to believe an abduction is virtually impossible because of the timeline, yet these very same doubters also appear to believe that the timeline vastly overstates the number of checks, so as I see it this logic poses a bit of a conundrum.

Luckily we have an independent witness who proved that the checking regime was exaggerated.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2019, 06:00:13 PM »
IMO, supporters want their cake and eat it, stringent checking yet still a hypothetical window of opportunity.
Which the timeline amply demonstrates.  At least 10 minutes in fact. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2019, 06:00:50 PM »
Luckily we have an independent witness who proved that the checking regime was exaggerated.
Who is that?  Cite please.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2019, 06:01:46 PM »
Must have missed this.  Is there more ?
What do you mean?

Offline jassi

« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2019, 06:12:18 PM »
What do you mean?

You mention Gerry doing a covert 9.30 visit.  Post 133
I wondered where that came from
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2019, 06:13:11 PM »
You mention Gerry doing a 9.30 visit.
Faithlilly claims he did.