Author Topic: Disappeared Children - Factors Determining A Find  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Disappeared Children - Factors Determining A Find
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2019, 06:13:34 PM »
So you won’t/can’t answer the question?
I did answer it. We don’t know for 100% certain.  Maybe he didn’t.  Maybe he didn’t kill any of the children. Happy now?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2019, 06:28:26 PM »
Why do we know Keith Bennett was murdered by Ian Brady?

This is a good question Slati.  I cannot offer a cite as I heard this in confidence at a meeting re child protection.

There was a belief that Keith was a copy cat by someone known to Brady. and did it as a mark of approval and respect  (god I feel sick even typing this). It is also believed that he isn't buried on the same moor where his other victims were found. Hindley was promised a lot to pin point the area, she couldn't be cause it may have been moved or she wasn't present when he was buried. There is more to that conversation- very interesting as well. I can't bring it to an open forum.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2019, 06:30:41 PM »
This is a good question Slati.  I cannot offer a cite as I heard this in confidence at a meeting re child protection.

There was a belief that Keith was a copy cat by someone known to Brady. and did it as a mark of approval and respect  (god I feel sick even typing this). It is also believed that he isn't buried on the same moor where his other victims were found. Hindley was promised a lot to pin point the area, she couldn't be cause it may have been moved or she wasn't present when he was buried. There is more to that conversation- very interesting as well. I can't bring it to an open forum.

Maybe VS assumed because Brady confessed, he had done it?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2019, 06:42:06 PM »
I believe Hindley confessed way before Brady ever did, from prison and under no duress or likelihood of ever being released from prison.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2019, 06:43:54 PM »
Maybe you assume he had done it, because he confessed, or don’t you believe he did it?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2019, 07:09:23 PM »
I believe Hindley confessed way before Brady ever did, from prison and under no duress or likelihood of ever being released from prison.

Hindley confessed because she was found being 'active' with Lesley Ann Downey on a tape. Before that she was saying he made her do it and all that cr@p.  She only began helping find the childrens bodies on the  expectation it would get her free on parole.  She was a willing participant.They took photographs of where the children were buried as this gave some kind of sick pleasure. hence, why Brady never revealed where Keith was buried.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2019, 08:32:56 PM »
Hindley confessed because she was found being 'active' with Lesley Ann Downey on a tape. Before that she was saying he made her do it and all that cr@p.  She only began helping find the childrens bodies on the  expectation it would get her free on parole.  She was a willing participant.They took photographs of where the children were buried as this gave some kind of sick pleasure. hence, why Brady never revealed where Keith was buried.
Like I said. Hindley confessed to involvement in the  murder of Bennett long before Brady did. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2019, 08:09:50 AM »
I think it’s hard to make any firm conclusions with the small selection of disappearances you have used.

Which disappearances would you like me to include?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2019, 08:11:24 AM »
Is there any particular reason why you ignored my suggestions?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2019, 08:39:16 AM »

None in particular. It’s simply that your sample is too small to be able to draw any definitive conclusions.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2019, 08:50:12 AM »
None in particular. It’s simply that your sample is too small to be able to draw any definitive conclusions.
I agree with this.  There are also many other factors to consider including the time and resources spent on looking for the missing child in the hours, days and weeks. after the disappearance, but even then it’s not a given that a body will be found.  Also the resources and time available to the person doing the abduction and hiding plays an important part.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2019, 08:58:22 AM »
I agree with this.  There are also many other factors to consider including the time and resources spent on looking for the missing child in the hours, days and weeks. after the disappearance, but even then it’s not a given that a body will be found.  Also the resources and time available to the person doing the abduction and hiding plays an important part.

Agreed.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2019, 10:24:13 AM »
Is there any particular reason why you ignored my suggestions?

None whatsoever other than I haven't seen them.  I'll go and look now!
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2019, 10:27:57 AM »

I agree.  It's hardly scientific just a hypothesis to be developed!

Offline The General

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2019, 10:42:56 AM »
I agree.  It's hardly scientific just a hypothesis to be developed!
Ok, so to narrow down from country density to population density urban / extra urban / rural, etc where the crimes were committed. I believe this will give a more useful data set, but may be skewed by simple weight of numbers of pair of eyes. But I think a more pertinent factor may be opportunity afforded to the proximity of accessible remote locations, with low or negligible footfall.
Edit: Or, conversely, in densely populated areas, access to enclosed, secure premises. So maybe no correlation at all actually.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 11:05:42 AM by The General »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum