Author Topic: Paedophile Roderick McDonald aka Roderick William Robinson arrested in Malta.  (Read 91653 times)

Offline Anna

This man had a boat and could be anywhere at any given time. children have gone missing without a trace ever found makes me wonder. &%+((£
 He had links with Malta too, where there was a lot of sightings in 2007. He had expensive taste and travelled a lot. Pension money? Nah!
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Carana

Wonder what it does to your statistics when one takes into consideration the prevalence of home invasions for the intention of burglary and child assault in combination with the number of ex-pat paedophiles (those that were known about) who had taken up home in the Algarve of whom this man was one?

People quote "statistics"... that can mean anything or nothing, depending on the research criteria.

Offline Eleanor

This man had a boat and could be anywhere at any given time. children have gone missing without a trace ever found makes me wonder. &%+((£
 He had links with Malta too, where there was a lot of sightings in 2007. He had expensive taste and travelled a lot. Pension money? Nah!

I have always thought that there was a boat involved.  And Sadie did a lot of research into Malta and Gozo, long before this man was ever mentioned.

Offline jassi

What sort of boat are you talking about?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anna

What sort of boat are you talking about?

I dont know much about boats, except for powerboats( sking) but I believe it was a yacht and in one report it said that he called himself Captain Rod. He may have made money from fishing trips etc, but not yet known, how he could afford it. To board a biggish boat near Praia da Luz, he would probably need a powered dinhgy
― Plato

Offline Anna

I have always thought that there was a boat involved.  And Sadie did a lot of research into Malta and Gozo, long before this man was ever mentioned.

She did indeed. She gets a lot of detail correct too.
― Plato

Offline jassi

I dont know much about boats, except for powerboats( sking) but I believe it was a yacht and in one report it said that he called himself Captain Rod. He may have made money from fishing trips etc, but not yet known, how he could afford it. To board a biggish boat near Praia da Luz, he would probably need a powered dinhgy

Have you got some sort of link about this boat?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

People quote "statistics"... that can mean anything or nothing, depending on the research criteria.

Sometimes they can be useful ... but I tend to go with ... " Lies, damned lies, and statistics "
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

That the PJ is on record as checking out traffic in the marina shows an escape by sea was considered at the time.

I can’t find any record of any checks they may have made on yachts lying offshore at PDL or asked any locals about dinghy movements. 

There is no doubt access to the open sea would be easy from the former fishing village.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Anna

― Plato

Offline Anna

That the PJ is on record as checking out traffic in the marina shows an escape by sea was considered at the time.

I can’t find any record of any checks they may have made on yachts lying offshore at PDL or asked any locals about dinghy movements. 

There is no doubt access to the open sea would be easy from the former fishing village.

Apparently it was checked, but they had no cctv. If it was a by sea getaway. I dont think they would hang around
― Plato

Offline jassi

Best I can find just now, Jassi.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-cops-allowed-paedophile-3557684

Thanks for that.
So he had a boat in Brighton at some time,  but didn't use it in Portugal in 2007 as he was in New Zealand at the time - according to CEOP

Or maybe not -

Offline Benice

Quote from Amaral's book

The Algarvian coast, very popular with sailing enthusiasts, is bordered by a large number of marinas. Pleasure boats from every province berth here. Situated 120 nautical miles from the African continent, between the Mediterranean and the Atlantic, it is the most accessible coast for entering the continent of Europe. It attracts many yachtsmen, who appreciate the beauty of its beaches and its inlets, but it also attracts all sorts of traffickers.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

Thanks for that.
So he had a boat in Brighton at some time,  but didn't use it in Portugal in 2007 as he was in New Zealand at the time - according to CEOP

According to newspapers he was in a campsite near to PDL when Madeleine was abducted.

He was later extradited to Australia from where he fled to NewZealand.

I must admit I did not trail through the whole CEOP link you posted ... would it be possible for you to indicate the page or post a copy?

He was very familiar with Portugal, and sailed the Med ... so even if not directly involved ... he could have useful information to impart.

Offline Brietta

Quote from Amaral's book

The Algarvian coast, very popular with sailing enthusiasts, is bordered by a large number of marinas. Pleasure boats from every province berth here. Situated 120 nautical miles from the African continent, between the Mediterranean and the Atlantic, it is the most accessible coast for entering the continent of Europe. It attracts many yachtsmen, who appreciate the beauty of its beaches and its inlets, but it also attracts all sorts of traffickers.

Much as I denigrate Dr Amaral's book ... I think that was a very knowledgeable statement ... he had spent much of his working life as a policeman combatting just these people.

It is a long coastline with many inlets and the obvious way to transport goods and people without being observed.