Author Topic: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views  (Read 210644 times)

Offline justsaying

Re: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2018, 10:45:40 AM »
How many people do you think used that part of the wooded area prior to the murder and innocently left behind their DNA?

So Luke Mitchell was forensically aware; his case isn't the first based on circumstantial evidence.

Wasn't the DNA of the sisters boyfriend, particularly sperm, found on Jodi's t-shirt? So what are we suggesting here, that Luke was able to clear away all of his DNA from the scene whilst leaving other people's behind, DNA which will have been invisible to the naked eye? Even if it were possible, it would take some doing.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2018, 10:50:36 AM »
Wasn't the DNA of the sisters boyfriend, particularly sperm, found on Jodi's t-shirt?

And what was the outcome regarding this?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline justsaying

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2018, 10:52:54 AM »
And what was the outcome regarding this?

I believe the explanation given was the sister loaned Jodi the t-shirt. However, would you loan your sister, or anyone, a dirty t-shirt? Maybe I am judging people by own standards, but I would have made sure the t-shirt was clean at least.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2018, 10:55:26 AM »
So what are we suggesting here, that Luke was able to clear away all of his DNA from the scene whilst leaving other people's behind, DNA which will have been invisible to the naked eye? Even if it were possible, it would take some doing.

"We" aren't suggesting anything.

What is your understanding of DNA evidence in this case?

And why "would it take some doing?"
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline justsaying

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2018, 10:57:45 AM »

And why "would it take some doing?"

I think I have already explained this when I said that DNA (excluding blood) is invisible to the naked eye. Impossible that he would have managed to clean up all of his yet leave someone else's behind.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2018, 10:58:08 AM »
I believe the explanation given was the sister loaned Jodi the t-shirt. However, would you loan your sister, or anyone, a dirty t-shirt? Maybe I am judging people by own standards, but I would have made sure the t-shirt was clean at least.

Maybe [Name removed] wasn't aware the T-shirt was soiled. Maybe it looked and smelled clean. Maybe [Name removed]'s sister thought it had been laundered before she loaned it out?

Offline Baz

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2018, 10:59:46 AM »

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but the DNA wasn't just found on the t-shirt but also on Jodi's bra.

Offline justsaying

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2018, 11:02:03 AM »
Maybe [Name removed] wasn't aware the T-shirt was soiled. Maybe it looked and smelled clean. Maybe [Name removed]'s sister thought it had been laundered before she loaned it out?

That still does not negate the fact that someone else's DNA was found at the scene yet none belonging to Luke. Could you clean every bit of your DNA from around the places you have been without being able to see where it is?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2018, 11:03:20 AM »
I think I have already explained this when I said that DNA (excluding blood) is invisible to the naked eye. Impossible that he would have managed to clean up all of his yet leave someone else's behind.

I'm still unsure of your understanding of the DNA evidence in this case and indeed your source for that understanding

Offline justsaying

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2018, 11:05:16 AM »
And, correct me if I'm wrong, but the DNA wasn't just found on the t-shirt but also on Jodi's bra.

Good point Baz! Now let us imagine that the sperm was on the t-shirt before it was loaned to Jodi. It would have certainly been dry by the time she was given it, otherwise she would have noticed it was soiled. So how would it seep through to her bra?

Offline justsaying

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2018, 11:07:33 AM »
I'm still unsure of your understanding of the DNA evidence in this case and indeed your source for that understanding

My understanding of the DNA evidence in this case is as much as anyone else's on this forum. Are you suggesting lies have been told regarding DNA evidence? Are you saying Luke's DNA was in fact found at the scene?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2018, 11:09:21 AM »
My understanding of the DNA evidence in this case is as much as anyone else's on this forum.

Which is?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2018, 11:13:47 AM »
Good point Baz! Now let us imagine that the sperm was on the t-shirt before it was loaned to Jodi. It would have certainly been dry by the time she was given it, otherwise she would have noticed it was soiled. So how would it seep through to her bra?

Can you rule out innocent transfer from the primary source?

Offline justsaying

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2018, 11:15:25 AM »
Well it is my understanding, as much as everyone else who has commented, that someone else's DNA was found at the scene but Luke's was not. I also understand that most DNA is invisible based on the information I have read written by those who understand it far better than I do - i.e. scientists and other professionals alike.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:36:29 PM by John »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2018, 11:15:49 AM »

How do you know [Name removed] was wearing a dry t-shirt?