Author Topic: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views  (Read 210644 times)

Offline justsaying

Re: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views
« Reply #210 on: September 23, 2018, 05:48:18 PM »
I accept that certainly. The point being that an absence of DNA link between Luke and Jodi is not a ground for an appeal as this absence could result from many circumstances.

I agree, whilst being mindful that one of those "circumstances" could very well be that he is not the killer.

Offline John

« Reply #211 on: September 23, 2018, 07:58:43 PM »
I agree, whilst being mindful that one of those "circumstances" could very well be that he is not the killer.

But that is where the inculpatory circumstantial evidence comes into its own, the most damning of which is the eyewitness who identified Luke standing just across the main road from the footpath which led to the murder scene a matter of minutes after the murder.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:00:51 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline justsaying

« Reply #212 on: September 23, 2018, 08:39:06 PM »
But that is where the inculpatory circumstantial evidence comes into its own, the most damning of which is the eyewitness who identified Luke standing just across the main road from the footpath which led to the murder scene a matter of minutes after the murder.

Was it not the case that other people were also seen at the relevant time near the V in the wall where Jodi's (sorry I realise I have been spelling her name wrong) body was subsequently found? Was it not the case these people lied about this fact initially?

Was Luke picked out in a ID parade as being said person hanging around, or was it the case that it was claimed it was a person who looked similar to him?

Where was it exactly that Luke agreed to meet Jodi? Could this be why he was spotted near the scene? (if it was him)

Sorry I do not know the area, and probably have read the answers to these questions in the past but cannot recall what was said.

I had a friend who passed away several years back now, and there is a few times I could have sworn I had seen him, had I not known he was dead I would have testified it was him. I would have been wrong. (obviously)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:50:02 PM by justsaying »

Offline Baz

« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2018, 01:29:18 PM »

If I remember correctly, and I feel like all my posts about this case should start like that, all the eye witness testimony was slightly problematic. There was the main one who refused to identify Luke in court, right? And then the two together who's statements changed numerous times regarding where they actually saw him. I remember finding neither of them convincing. And, if I recall, the two didn't see any sign of blood on Luke even though this would have been after he had apparently brutally murdered Jodi and even the prosecution's pathology expert stated that it would have been very unlikely that Luke would not have had blood all over him.

I hope that's all accurate. Maybe I should re-read up on it before commenting anymore. Annoying that all the information isn't in one easy to digest place.

Offline justsaying

« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2018, 05:45:23 PM »
I think it would have been wholly unfair if anyone did ID him in court, on the basis he was the only one in the dock - would have been too easy to do it that way. I guess this is allowed in Scotland? It certainly is not allowed in England and for good reason.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2018, 08:25:48 PM »
.Maybe I should re-read up on it before commenting anymore. Annoying that all the information isn't in one easy to digest place.

As well as the fact key supporters of Luke Mitchell's campaign are not credible, therefore much of the information in the public domain on this case is disingenuous.

For example, nugnug over on blue claimed the following
"Jodis brother pleaded guilty to threatening to kill Sandra lean outside her own home so yes he has got a record. http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg115984.html#msg115984

Yet according to Sandra Lean:
(90) In the course of this study, four people were arrested for online harassment and intimidation, direct physical threats were made to at least three individuals, including death threats, photographs of individuals‟ homes and family members were posted online, and personal addresses and phone numbers were released. Police in England acted on complaints of online harassment and intimidation, whereas Scottish police refused repeatedly to do so
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:35:35 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

jixy

« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2018, 08:42:57 PM »
Considering the amount of posts that were deleted yesterday for going off the subject of Is Luke Mitchell guilty, dont see how this is relevant to what Baz posted.

Offline justsaying

« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2018, 08:52:31 PM »
Just another given opportunity to snipe at Sandra, very sad!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #218 on: September 24, 2018, 08:53:03 PM »
Considering the amount of posts that were deleted yesterday for going off the subject of Is Luke Mitchell guilty, dont see how this is relevant to what Baz posted.

Surely when considering the evidence in this case for or against guilt the source for the evidence is of high importance?!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:06:52 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #219 on: September 24, 2018, 09:06:19 PM »
Where do you think the answers lie then?

"The case also centred on Mitchell's character, his supposedly unemotional reaction to Jodi's death and that he carried knives, sold cannabis and was interested in satanism. After the longest trial of a single accused in Scottish legal history, a majority verdict convicted Mitchell and he was sentenced to life, with a minimum term of 20 years to be served before parole

In the years following the verdict there has been some unease at the circumstantial nature of the case, but an appeal was rejected last year.

Now Mitchell's new defence team is preparing to apply for a fresh appeal based partly on the original forensics investigation, the details of which have never before been made public. The new defence team say the original police forensic service laboratory report and biology report contradict the prosecution case that the murder did not have a sexual motive, as semen was found on Jodi's body.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/aug/02/luke-mitchell-jodi-jones-appeal

"Lean, who was reported to have distanced herself from the campaign in recent years, said: “After 11 years, I needed a break, I was exhausted. I’m still involved and the SCCRC can review the case again if new information comes to light. There are still avenues that have not been addressed and it’s down to us to present a compelling case for why they should be.”
The case, once described by an investigating officer and a trial judge as the worst murder they had seen, has troubled some observers. The murder weapon was never found and there was no DNA evidence linking Mitchell to the crime scene.
In 2012, Lean and Mitchell’s mother, Corinne, delivered a 300-page dossier to the SCCRC, which included claims that a Mitchell lookalike may have confused eyewitnesses. The SCCRC later concluded that although police officers breached Mitchell’s human rights when they questioned him without a lawyer present, it did not believe he was the victim of a miscarriage of justice. http://www.miscarriagesofjustice.org/campaigners-to-launch-new-appeal-for-luke-mitchell/

If I were to interview Luke Mitchell I'd ask him what he did with the knife he used to murder Jodi

I'd also ask him what triggered his interest in Satanism at such a young age

...and still no word on why Luke Mitchell would request books on satanism

"A trio of books on Mitchell’s list are by Anton Szandor LaVey, the US founder of the Church of Satan, and include essays on demons, Nazism, cannibalism, death and child abuse.

In The Satanic Bible, LaVey discusses how someone could be considered “fit and proper” as a human sacrifice. The book concludes: “The answer is brutally simple. Anyone who has unjustly wronged you.”

Another title, Satan Speaks, has a foreword by goth musician Marilyn Manson, whose paintings and music were said to have inspired Mitchell’s murder of tragic Jodi.

Mitchell was just 15 when he stabbed his 14-year-old girlfriend to death in Easthouses, Midlothian.

Jodi’s mutilated body was found in woods near her home.

It emerged Mitchell had scratched 666 into his arm with a compass and drew Satanic symbols and quotes on his schoolbooks.

At his trial, prosecutors highlighted he was a Marilyn Manson fan who had shown an interest in the Black Dahlia, a notorious unsolved 1947 murder when aspiring Hollywood actress Elizabeth Short was mutilated. While under investigation for Jodi’s murder it emerged he had a demonic tattoo done.
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/killer-luke-mitchell-demands-satanic-books-in-jail-1-3375463

"Religious beliefs" - were these the same "religious beliefs" he held before murdering [Name removed]?  *&^^&

Dupers delight springs to mind  *&^^&
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:11:53 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #220 on: September 24, 2018, 09:33:02 PM »
If I were to interview Luke Mitchell I'd ask him what he did with the knife he used to murder Jodi

I'd also ask him what triggered his interest in Satanism at such a young age

And what his relationship was like with his mother

"When Mrs Mitchell went into the witness box during the trial, despite repeated suggestions from the prosecution that she had lied, she showed no sign of the short fuse Luke told a psychiatrist he had inherited from his mother.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1481697/Lies-to-protect-a-son.html
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:35:21 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2018, 09:48:23 PM »
This does not prove he is guilty, it is only someone's perception of him.

He's already been proved guilty in a court of law and my perceptions are based on his quite apparent criminal mind and conduct, amongst a wealth of other relevant factors.

There's no getting away from the fact Luke Mitchell showed a dark side to his character at a young age regardless of how some people may have dismissed or minimised them over the years.

At 14 years old, we know he was self medicating on large quantites of illegal drugs from his own admission for starters. Was this in order to attempt to suppress his feelings and dark sadistic fantasies?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 10:01:52 PM by Stephanie »

Offline John

« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2018, 10:26:15 PM »
I don't want to go over old territory too much but Luke Mitchell did threaten another girlfriend with a knife and she counts herself lucky to have escaped unscathed.  They say lightning doesn't strike the same spot twice but is this yet another coincidence too far?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 10:28:30 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #223 on: September 24, 2018, 10:34:33 PM »
I don't want to go over old territory too much but Luke Mitchell did threaten another girlfriend with a knife and she counts herself lucky to have escaped unscathed.  They say lightning doesn't strike the same spot twice but is this yet another coincidence too far?

I agree John and then there's his relationship with his mother, her parenting style and quite apparent blurred lines on morality

"Are they courageous mothers who decided to do the right thing? Or is this the ultimate maternal betrayal made by desperate parents
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/vivian-diller-phd/teen-crime_b_2035255.html?guccounter=1
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 10:37:33 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2018, 10:52:09 PM »

It would be interesting to learn what Luke Mitchell's supporters understanding and interpretations are of the criminal spin. And the impact of his mothers parenting style and the effect it had on him; which appears to have been both "uninvolved" and "permissive?"

According to Richard Hoskins, Craig Dobbie consulted with him in order to help him understand why Luke Mitchell murdered [Name removed].

"Whilst working at Bath Spa University, Richard Hoskins was called upon by the Metropolitan Police Service to work as an expert witness in the Torso in the Thames case.[2] He has since been called as an expert witness in over a hundred criminal cases, including numerous high-profile murders, such as those of Victoria Climbié,[4] Jodi Jones and the Eric Bikubi and Magalie Bamu case.[5][6][7][8] Hoskins has been called upon to provide commentary on these cases and the related field by numerous press organisations.[9][10][11][12][13] He is an expert on African religions.[14][15][16][17][18][19][20] He is the only registered multi-cultural expert on the UK national police SOCA database.[2][21][22][23] https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Richard_Hoskins.html

He claims to have been profoundly affected by the [Name removed]'s case
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=DyyAmjhB-koC&pg=PT207&lpg=PT207&dq=richard+hoskins+jodi+jones+murder&source=bl&ots=hsAyk5XLGi&sig=Hvf223lApZ2GelCI_ezF_sbyWaw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiA6ZSLw87dAhVBCuwKHVG1DWkQ6AEwAnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=richard%20hoskins%20jodi%20jones%20murder&f=false

Do Luke Mitchell supporters really believe Craig Dobbie hadn't evaluated Luke Mitchell's psychology?

https://www.scotsman.com/news/police-mitchell-holiday-plan-led-to-jodi-s-murder-1-1401837

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/year-old-murdered-in-dalkeith-itn-scotland-midlothian-news-footage/682496148
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:53:21 PM by Stephanie »