Author Topic: Mikaeel Kular > Body found at aunt's home in Kirkcaldy, Fife.  (Read 63114 times)

Offline lizzibif

Re: Mikaeel Kular > Body found at aunt's home in Kirkcaldy, Fife.
« Reply #240 on: January 19, 2014, 08:28:27 PM »
This is why we shouldn't judge till the facts are known..i prefer to wait for the facts..a little Patience goes along way..

Cariad

« Reply #241 on: January 19, 2014, 08:33:10 PM »
UK media apparently conflict with Scots law in Mikaeel Kular case

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/UK_media_apparently_conflict_with_Scots_law_in_Mikaeel_Kular_case

too long a read to post whole story..

Excellent article and very valid points.

CPN

« Reply #242 on: January 19, 2014, 08:38:39 PM »
This is why we shouldn't judge till the facts are known..i prefer to wait for the facts..a little Patience goes along way..

Indeed - and it is not as if it is a long time to wait!

Offline John

« Reply #243 on: January 19, 2014, 08:39:13 PM »
Don't be expecting anything significant from tomorrows court hearing.  She will appear before a Sheriff just long enough to plead to the charges.  Depending on her response she will then be remanded in custody pending a trial or a  sentencing hearing.  The Sheriff may refer the case to the High Court if the charge is serious enough.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

CPN

« Reply #244 on: January 19, 2014, 08:40:12 PM »
Excellent article and very valid points.

Indeed.  We should say thanks to lizzibif for finding that I think!

CPN

« Reply #245 on: January 19, 2014, 08:41:23 PM »
Don't be expecting anything significant from tomorrows court hearing.  She will appear before a Sheriff just long enough to plead to the charges.  Depending on her response she will then be remanded in custody pending a trial or a  sentencing hearing.  The Sheriff may refer the case to the High Court if the charge is serious enough.

But it may make the actual charges against her clearer

Offline John

« Reply #246 on: January 19, 2014, 08:45:54 PM »
But it may make the actual charges against her clearer

It will certainly but they can change at any time if she does a deal.  What we might learn from sources is whether he died from an accident or was murdered and whether he has been dead days or weeks.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:48:53 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #247 on: January 19, 2014, 08:46:49 PM »
Indeed.  We should say thanks to lizzibif for finding that I think!

I cant take all the credit I acquired it from a good source..

AnneGuedes

« Reply #248 on: January 19, 2014, 09:55:10 PM »
UK media apparently conflict with Scots law in Mikaeel Kular case

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/UK_media_apparently_conflict_with_Scots_law_in_Mikaeel_Kular_case

too long a read to post whole story..
Thanks for posting that. Let's hope it will at least be a precedent. According to what I read here, unacceptable comments were posted on Mikaeel's mother's page, as a result of divulging her name.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #249 on: January 19, 2014, 09:58:37 PM »

I like the 'not proven'option in Scottish law. I don't really know any more of it than that. I also think that withholding the name of individuals arrested is a good thing.

Edit: Could the release of the arrested persons name cause a mis trial?
Even the surname of the little boy shouldn't have been mentioned. The presumption of innocence starts here.

Offline John

« Reply #250 on: January 19, 2014, 10:17:50 PM »
Thank you for bringing it here though!

I like the 'not proven'option in Scottish law. I don't really know any more of it than that. I also think that withholding the name of individuals arrested is a good thing.

Edit: Could the release of the arrested persons name cause a mis trial?

It was Sky News who named the arrested woman as the mother.  Since the mothers name has been all over the news because of a situation of her own making then it is not unreasonable to use it.  By tomorrow morning it will be all academic in any event.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:19:21 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #251 on: January 19, 2014, 11:09:46 PM »
Even the surname of the little boy shouldn't have been mentioned. The presumption of innocence starts here.

yes Anne I  agree..presumption of innocence is very important....I dont think anyone has to prove their innocence in Scotland..its the other way round

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #252 on: January 19, 2014, 11:10:25 PM »
BBC Scotland

Mikaeel Kular: Two men arrested over racist tweets
 Mikaeel Kular The racist tweets related to the disappearance of Mikaeel Kular

Offensive Mikaeel tweet investigated

Two men have been arrested after racist comments about the disappearance of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular were posted on Twitter.

Police said the men, aged 19 and 26, had been arrested, questioned and released on bail.

The tweets were brought to the attention of Police Scotland by members of the public in Edinburgh.

Police Scotland officers liaised with Hampshire and Derbyshire forces to identify the suspects.

On Saturday, Police Scotland said they were investigating another offensive tweet relating to the case which had originated in the Manchester area.

Ch Supt Mark Williams, Police Scotland's divisional commander for Edinburgh, said: "Any reports of racist, offensive or abusive comments made online will be thoroughly investigated and those responsible will be brought to justice.

"If you commit an offence, we will investigate it and you will be prosecuted"

Rightly so..

AnneGuedes

« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2014, 01:06:35 AM »
It was Sky News who named the arrested woman as the mother.  Since the mothers name has been all over the news because of a situation of her own making then it is not unreasonable to use it.  By tomorrow morning it will be all academic in any event.
What do you mean, John ? She didn't ask to be named. What interest is there in naming the protagonists of a drama ?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2014, 01:48:06 AM »
What do you mean, John ? She didn't ask to be named. What interest is there in naming the protagonists of a drama ?

By that reasoning the McCanns shouldn't have been named either or the Ciprianos or the Needhams but there you go...one law for one and... 
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!