Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 599767 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #1935 on: October 07, 2018, 06:34:33 PM »
Stephanie I do not need that explaining to me, I am quite aware that he was the defendant. However - he was called to the stand by his own defence team, he was questioned by his own defence team in order to adduce evidence to disprove the prosecution case - he was his own witness - in fact the only witness to the crime he committed. He took the witness stand to give his evidence in chief led by his own defence barrister. The defence, as you well know, can call witnesses and that also includes any defendant.

@)(++(*@)(++(*
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline justsaying

« Reply #1936 on: October 07, 2018, 06:38:03 PM »
Go on, admit it, you copied the above from here https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/evidence-in-chief.3312105/

@)(++(*

No Stephanie, I did not.  I used the latter part of my post from the oxford link I put up in an earlier post. I happen to know what evidence in chief means, unlike yourself who like's to copy copious amounts of information.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 06:43:48 PM by justsaying »

Offline justsaying

« Reply #1937 on: October 07, 2018, 06:40:25 PM »
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2018/2082.html

15 . The appellant's evidence to the jury amounted to an admission of serious criminality on his part. He gave evidence, too, that Mr Mahmood was a major drug dealer. In giving his evidence, the appellant gave a detailed exposition of his own history of drug dealing. The purpose was to explain to the jury how he came to be in frequent contact with Mahmood. That history is sufficiently described by the trial judge during the course of a ruling she made:

"I turn then to the evidence … that he gave in chief. …

No I am totally wrong, defendants cannot give evidence in chief, the appeal court must be wrong also...   *%87

Offline [...]

« Reply #1938 on: October 07, 2018, 06:43:46 PM »
Stephanie I do not need that explaining to me, I am quite aware that he was the defendant. However - he was called to the stand by his own defence team, he was questioned by his own defence team in order to adduce evidence to disprove the prosecution case - he was his own witness - in fact the only witness to the crime he committed. He took the witness stand to give his evidence in chief led by his own defence barrister. The defence, as you well know, can call witnesses and that also includes any defendant.

OVERVIEW

evidence in chief

QUICK REFERENCE
(colloq ‘chief’)

The questioning of one's own witness in order to adduce evidence to prove one's own case and disprove the opponent's case. Leading questions are not permitted in chief (unlike cross-examination).

[...]

Subjects: Law

I'm glad you all understand the working of the law.... It still throws me, but if I follow correctly, then Clegg should not have called Dr Vincent Tabak to the stand, and questioned him...

Therefore, why does no-one shout from the roof tops that this case stinks..... And that the defence behaved improper... Or is it a sham trial like I have said previous..

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1939 on: October 07, 2018, 06:44:11 PM »
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2018/2082.html

15 . The appellant's evidence to the jury amounted to an admission of serious criminality on his part. He gave evidence, too, that Mr Mahmood was a major drug dealer. In giving his evidence, the appellant gave a detailed exposition of his own history of drug dealing. The purpose was to explain to the jury how he came to be in frequent contact with Mahmood. That history is sufficiently described by the trial judge during the course of a ruling she made:

"I turn then to the evidence … that he gave in chief.

No I am totally wrong, defendants cannot give evidence in chief, the appeal court must be wrong also...   *%87

"In chief"

or

"evidence in chief?"
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline justsaying

« Reply #1940 on: October 07, 2018, 06:45:04 PM »
I'm glad you all understand the working of the law.... It still throws me, but if I follow correctly, then Clegg should not have called Dr Vincent Tabak to the stand, and questioned him...

Therefore, why does no-one shout from the roof tops that this case stinks..... And that the defence behaved improper... Or is it a sham trial like I have said previous..

It is the defendants choice to take the stand, when he takes the stand it is up to his own defence barrister to call him to the stand and they question him before the prosecution.

Offline justsaying

« Reply #1941 on: October 07, 2018, 06:48:49 PM »
"In chief"

or

"evidence in chief?"

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2018/1743.html

Between:
SIMON TAJ
Appellant
- and -
THE CROWN

11. As to the events, in evidence in chief, Taj explained that he attacked Mr Awain with a tyre lever:

Would you like me to carry on disproving you?  @)(++(*

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 06:52:12 PM by justsaying »

Offline [...]

« Reply #1942 on: October 07, 2018, 06:50:48 PM »
Can't get my tiny little mind around all this.... will leave it to those whom understand better.... I will stick with my bias, and if I am wrong, who cares, everyone can carry on as normal.. I may have learnt not to get involved in things I clearly have no comprehension of...

Offline [...]

« Reply #1943 on: October 07, 2018, 06:51:27 PM »

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2018/1743.html

11. As to the events, in evidence in chief, Taj explained that he attacked Mr Awain with a tyre lever:

Offline justsaying

« Reply #1944 on: October 07, 2018, 06:52:54 PM »
Humiliating me... enjoy

That was aimed at Stephanie, who clearly does not know what evidence in chief is.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1945 on: October 07, 2018, 07:08:51 PM »

Says the one with Disney's Elsa - let it go avatar  8@??)(

Offline justsaying

« Reply #1946 on: October 07, 2018, 07:09:38 PM »

Yes, isn't it great? It was aimed at you and your obsession with Sandra Lean!  @)(++(*

Although I have absolutely no idea what my avatar has to do with you being proven wrong, as you clearly have been. Oh dear!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:11:42 PM by justsaying »

jixy

« Reply #1947 on: October 07, 2018, 08:58:49 PM »
Yes, isn't it great? It was aimed at you and your obsession with Sandra Lean!  @)(++(*

Although I have absolutely no idea what my avatar has to do with you being proven wrong, as you clearly have been. Oh dear!

Deflection as there nothing else to argue about. It is clear you know what you are talking about and that makes people feel uncomfortable. You dont need links and copy and paste.

jixy

« Reply #1948 on: October 07, 2018, 09:04:15 PM »

Yours says Peace Stephanie, hope you find it

Offline justsaying

« Reply #1949 on: October 07, 2018, 09:09:22 PM »
Deflection as there nothing else to argue about. It is clear you know what you are talking about and that makes people feel uncomfortable. You dont need links and copy and paste.

Thank you Jixy.

A better person would have admitted they were wrong, apologised and moved on...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 09:11:46 PM by justsaying »