Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 599756 times)

Offline [...]

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #3360 on: March 16, 2019, 03:43:36 PM »
The DNA didn’t match JY it matched Tabak, they have to be identical twins from the same egg to have a perfect match and even then a few random mutations in some cells can prove which one.

Twins..... ummm.....

Offline Caroline

« Reply #3361 on: March 16, 2019, 05:33:33 PM »
Twins..... ummm.....

Seriously? You're kidding right? I guess you don't know that you can't have identical twins of different sexes - pretty obvious when you think about it! Only identical twins share the same DNA construction but you seem to have fallen down the wonderland rabbit hole!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 06:34:42 PM by Caroline »

Offline APRIL

« Reply #3362 on: March 16, 2019, 06:25:32 PM »
A bit more info for Nine. Identical twins -ALWAYS same sex- are monozygotic (one fertilized egg resulting in shared DNA) Fraternal twins -the result of two eggs becoming fertilized, thus creating differences in DNA- aren't identical, may not be the same sex- are dizygotic. It's a fascinating subject, don't you think?

Offline [...]

« Reply #3363 on: March 16, 2019, 06:46:32 PM »
Seriously? You're kidding right? I guess you don't know that you can't have identical twins of different sexes - pretty obvious when you think about it! Only identical twins share the same DNA construction but you seem to have fallen down the wonderland rabbit hole!

A bit more info for Nine. Identical twins -ALWAYS same sex- are monozygotic (one fertilized egg resulting in shared DNA) Fraternal twins -the result of two eggs becoming fertilized, thus creating differences in DNA- aren't identical, may not be the same sex- are dizygotic. It's a fascinating subject, don't you think?

But is it relevant??

Offline APRIL

« Reply #3364 on: March 16, 2019, 06:58:05 PM »
But is it relevant??

It's certainly applicable.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #3365 on: March 16, 2019, 09:31:11 PM »
But is it relevant??

No - you made it up!

Offline Real justice

« Reply #3366 on: March 17, 2019, 09:49:07 AM »
But is it relevant??
I would call it Educational Nine.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #3367 on: March 17, 2019, 04:22:22 PM »
But is it relevant??

It is relevant only as a means of debunking your astounding claim that VT and JY might have been twins sharing the same DNA. Never mind that they were male and female they were seven years apart in age!  @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #3368 on: March 17, 2019, 05:21:43 PM »
This is getting silly!!  Very silly, IMO.

My problem with the DNA is this:  was it a full profile, or was it "enhanced" DNA, that was destroyed during the "enhancing" process? If the latter, VT's defence could not have had the findings verified, so how can we know that it really was his DNA?

I don't think I am a conspiracy theorist, but I do think that VT was a broken man by the time he had been in custody for a while. I think he could have admitted to anything. Who really knows?  He hardly fits the profile of a murderer, and my gut feeling tells me that he did not murder Joanna. I might be wrong, etc etc etc-----------!

Offline APRIL

« Reply #3369 on: March 17, 2019, 06:39:21 PM »

My problem with the DNA is this:  was it a full profile, or was it "enhanced" DNA, that was destroyed during the "enhancing" process? If the latter, VT's defence could not have had the findings verified, so how can we know that it really was his DNA?

I don't think I am a conspiracy theorist, but I do think that VT was a broken man by the time he had been in custody for a while. I think he could have admitted to anything. Who really knows?  He hardly fits the profile of a murderer, and my gut feeling tells me that he did not murder Joanna. I might be wrong, etc etc etc-----------!

I certainly think it has become silly and is getting sillier yet. If what you're suggesting is true, it will surely open the door for every person to challenge a conviction of murder where their DNA is involved. My own sympathies lay with CJ who was convicted, by media and public, without trial, purely because of his unconventional looks.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #3370 on: March 17, 2019, 06:53:17 PM »

I certainly think it has become silly and is getting sillier yet. If what you're suggesting is true, it will surely open the door for every person to challenge a conviction of murder where their DNA is involved. My own sympathies lay with CJ who was convicted, by media and public, without trial, purely because of his unconventional looks.

It would also open the door for any convicted killer to claim they only admitted to the crime because they were broken. Is he still a broken man? Terrified to state that he is really innocent after all?

The reason we don't have a full analysis of the DNA is because VT admitted to the crime and didn't dispute it was his. Anyone thinking that because we don't have a full profile means the case is suspicious, don't understand the process.

Offline Real justice

« Reply #3371 on: March 17, 2019, 06:55:13 PM »

Hes a convicted sex offender as well as a Murderer, if that doesn’t fit your profile I don’t know what does? A Murderer can be your average Joe they all don’t have it tattooed on their forehead.  The DNA swabs matched Tabak, with a billion to one chance of it not being his, I can remember at the time the MP for Bristol gave her backing to do mass screening if need be, they didn’t need to because it matched Tabak, they must have been pretty confident with the DNA sample they had, even though they couldn’t  tell if it was Saliva Or semen.

Your correct, Nine is being rather silly to suggest with the theory they were related

Offline Real justice

« Reply #3372 on: March 17, 2019, 07:44:46 PM »
It would also open the door for any convicted killer to claim they only admitted to the crime because they were broken. Is he still a broken man? Terrified to state that he is really innocent after all?

The reason we don't have a full analysis of the DNA is because VT admitted to the crime and didn't dispute it was his. Anyone thinking that because we don't have a full profile means the case is suspicious, don't understand the process.
Good  point Caroline, he never admitted it during questioning, only months later when he had been charged anyway.  He had ample time after to deny it, even in court, he knew it was over for him so he tried for the manslaughter charge.

I do realise and understand some give false confessions, not on this occasion he gave his confession months after when the evidence stacked up against him.

Offline [...]

« Reply #3373 on: March 18, 2019, 08:11:13 AM »
I never said that Joanna Yeates and Dr Vincent Tabak were twins, you may twist what I say whatever way you choose...

I keep trying to find out what was maybe happening on that night, what event the original group of friends were arranging, people whom played music etc, Rebecca Scott.. etc etc.... I had posted on this...

I think I may have found something that points to a possible event, and that in turn makes me maybe understand why everyone tweeted at famous people...

I still have trouble understanding why the people at the gate were never found or looked for, and who the people at the gate were.... And what they may have been doing or where they may have been going...

PC Martin Faithfull, who was described as a Forensic's Officer at the trial, tweeted something on the night of Joanna Yeates disappearance, it was this tweet that has me asking what may have been taking place that evening...

Martin Faithfull

@MartinFaithfull

Replying to @DuncanBannatyne
@DuncanBannatyne welcome to our little part of the world hope you enjoy your stay

7:44 PM - 17 Dec 2010

https://twitter.com/MartinFaithfull/status/15854746745176064

Duncan Bannatyne

Verified account

@DuncanBannatyne

Landed Bristol Airport great flight thank you easyjet

5:28 PM - 17 Dec 2010

https://twitter.com/DuncanBannatyne/status/15820590623494144

Duncan is in Portishead and he doesn't mention the snow, rather refers to the weather as frosty.. Was there lots of snow in that area? Joanna Yeates was on Longwood lane, was it only frosty there too on that day? Because she was supposed to be left there since the 17th December 2010, with no-one noticing her..

Duncan Bannatyne

Verified account

@DuncanBannatyne

Good morning from the lovely Portishead in Bristol. I do hope you are all well this frosty Sunday morning

10:52 AM - 19 Dec 2010

https://twitter.com/DuncanBannatyne/status/16445681950523392

But when Duncan leaves Bristol, he mentions the snow storm in Newcastle.

Duncan Bannatyne

Verified account

@DuncanBannatyne

Just had an excellent flight from Bristol to Newcastle on Easyjet although we landed in a snowstorm. The boys are home

6:32 PM - 19 Dec 2010

https://twitter.com/DuncanBannatyne/status/16561409173225472

What were the weather conditions in Bristol that weekend??

PC Martin Faithfull for what ever reason is welcoming Duncan to Bristol, Bristol a place where I believe Duncan visits on a regular basis, and not just for events...

Is the reason that we never see the CCTV from Canygne Road that DS Mark Saunders speaks of because there may be many famous people on it?  Who are these people on Canygne Road at that time? Was there an event taking place??

Duncan's daughter lived in Bristol at the time, well at least in May 2011, as this tweet shows

Duncan Bannatyne

Verified account

@DuncanBannatyne

Spending the weekend in Bristol with my lovely daughter @abibannatyne & my grandchildren.  Peace & love.

11:09 am - 21 May 2011

https://twitter.com/DuncanBannatyne/status/71880397369262080

The reason I bring Duncans daughter forward is an article I found;

I'm gonna slaughter Duncan Bannatyne's daughter

DUNCAN Bannatyne faced further chilling threats yesterday when his Twitter stalker warned: “We’ll slaughter your daughter.”

By Aaron Tinney / Published 6th August 2011

The man, calling himself Yuri Vasilyev, set up another account to warn Dragons’ Den TV star Duncan Bannatyne about Hollie, 25.

And worried Duncan, 62, said he was “living in a nightmare”.

WIN £50,000: PLAY DAILY STAR FANTASY FOOTBALL NOW!
Vasilyev warned: “Dirty b........ we slaughter f***ing Hollie Bannatyne.”

He added: “Dirty b........ death to you,” and sent a message to Hollie’s Twitter saying: “You dirty whore.”

Earlier this week Vasilyev threatened to snatch and torture Hollie.

Duncan put a £50,000 bounty on his head.

When had these threats against his daughter started?

His daughter who lives in Bristol Abi.. bears a resemblance to Joanna Yeates

The person threatening Duncans daughter has some choice words for her

He added: “Dirty b........ death to you,” and sent a message to Hollie’s Twitter saying: “You dirty whore.”

And: Earlier this week Vasilyev threatened to snatch and torture Hollie

Police have banned the Scot from responding to Vasilyev’s Tweets but last night refused to comment on the case.

A spokesman for the tycoon said: “He’s aware of the new threats but he’s not going to respond. Duncan respects the police are investigating the issue and he wants to let them get on with the job.”

So in August 2011 these new threats happened, when were the original threats??

PC Martin Faithfull, did he meet Duncan? Did Duncan go to talk to the Police about threats to his daughter?

This information about threats to Duncan's daughter has me wondering if Operation Braid was maybe about the threats to Duncans daughter...  The talk of snatching her and torturing her, makes me think about the talk of abduction by The Yeates of Joanna Yeates.

Was Joanna Yeates a friend of Abi or Hollie?? Was there any connection there?

If there's an ongoing threat after the murder of Joanna Yeates , did anyone check if  Joanna Yeates had any connections to any daughter of Duncan?

The Investigation was over in no time, Dr Vincent Tabak was in prison at the time this threat is reported, didn't anyone think to check if Joanna Yeates had any connection to this threat?

Was the reason that Duncan arrived in Bristol on the 17th December 2010, to attend an event? Or visit his daughter? or even talk to Police about possible threats against her?

Is there any connection between Duncans daughter and Joanna Yeates?  Or Canygne Road??

There must be many famous people who receive threats we know nothing about.... And many are just put down to cranks etc... But I'm just asking at the mo... were their threats received by Duncan or any of his daughters around the time or before, Joanna Yeates went Missing??

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/204776/I-m-gonna-slaughter-Duncan-Bannatyne-s-daughter

Offline Real justice

« Reply #3374 on: March 18, 2019, 09:35:33 AM »
I never said that Joanna Yeates and Dr Vincent Tabak were twins, you may twist what I say whatever way you choose...

I keep trying to find out what was maybe happening on that night, what event the original group of friends were arranging, people whom played music etc, Rebecca Scott.. etc etc.... I had posted on this...

I think I may have found something that points to a possible event, and that in turn makes me maybe understand why everyone tweeted at famous people...

I still have trouble understanding why the people at the gate were never found or looked for, and who the people at the gate were.... And what they may have been doing or where they may have been going...

PC Martin Faithfull, who was described as a Forensic's Officer at the trial, tweeted something on the night of Joanna Yeates disappearance, it was this tweet that has me asking what may have been taking place that evening...

https://twitter.com/MartinFaithfull/status/15854746745176064

https://twitter.com/DuncanBannatyne/status/15820590623494144

Duncan is in Portishead and he doesn't mention the snow, rather refers to the weather as frosty.. Was there lots of snow in that area? Joanna Yeates was on Longwood lane, was it only frosty there too on that day? Because she was supposed to be left there since the 17th December 2010, with no-one noticing her..

https://twitter.com/DuncanBannatyne/status/16445681950523392

But when Duncan leaves Bristol, he mentions the snow storm in Newcastle.

https://twitter.com/DuncanBannatyne/status/16561409173225472

What were the weather conditions in Bristol that weekend??

PC Martin Faithfull for what ever reason is welcoming Duncan to Bristol, Bristol a place where I believe Duncan visits on a regular basis, and not just for events...

Is the reason that we never see the CCTV from Canygne Road that DS Mark Saunders speaks of because there may be many famous people on it?  Who are these people on Canygne Road at that time? Was there an event taking place??

Duncan's daughter lived in Bristol at the time, well at least in May 2011, as this tweet shows

https://twitter.com/DuncanBannatyne/status/71880397369262080

The reason I bring Duncans daughter forward is an article I found;

I'm gonna slaughter Duncan Bannatyne's daughter

DUNCAN Bannatyne faced further chilling threats yesterday when his Twitter stalker warned: “We’ll slaughter your daughter.”

By Aaron Tinney / Published 6th August 2011

When had these threats against his daughter started?

His daughter who lives in Bristol Abi.. bears a resemblance to Joanna Yeates

The person threatening Duncans daughter has some choice words for her

And: Earlier this week Vasilyev threatened to snatch and torture Hollie

So in August 2011 these new threats happened, when were the original threats??

PC Martin Faithfull, did he meet Duncan? Did Duncan go to talk to the Police about threats to his daughter?

This information about threats to Duncan's daughter has me wondering if Operation Braid was maybe about the threats to Duncans daughter...  The talk of snatching her and torturing her, makes me think about the talk of abduction by The Yeates of Joanna Yeates.

Was Joanna Yeates a friend of Abi or Hollie?? Was there any connection there?

If there's an ongoing threat after the murder of Joanna Yeates , did anyone check if  Joanna Yeates had any connections to any daughter of Duncan?

The Investigation was over in no time, Dr Vincent Tabak was in prison at the time this threat is reported, didn't anyone think to check if Joanna Yeates had any connection to this threat?

Was the reason that Duncan arrived in Bristol on the 17th December 2010, to attend an event? Or visit his daughter? or even talk to Police about possible threats against her?

Is there any connection between Duncans daughter and Joanna Yeates?  Or Canygne Road??

There must be many famous people who receive threats we know nothing about.... And many are just put down to cranks etc... But I'm just asking at the mo... were their threats received by Duncan or any of his daughters around the time or before, Joanna Yeates went Missing??

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/204776/I-m-gonna-slaughter-Duncan-Bannatyne-s-daughter
Nope Nine, no connection you cannot link Tabak to Bannatyne’s daughter, this was a crank who just made threats and never carried it through, you could argue the other way that the threat never materialised once Tabak was locked up?   The Jury was shown pictures of Joanna’s body found in snow, we don’t know when Tabak really put the body there, it was a lane that few people walked along anyway, snow Buisness a firm working on the Harry Potter movies was used to create the snowy conditions the day of her disappearance for crimewatch,  you could ask them, the whole of Bristol would have said there wasn’t any snow.

Lyndsey Farmery said that on the day after Yeates went missing — December 17 — Tabak was doing research on subjects including the five-day weather forecast.

Next day he looked at online maps and images of Longwood Lane, the road three miles from her Bristol flat where her body was discovered.

In subsequent days Tabak looked at news articles on Shrien Dewani, the Bristol man accused of hiring hitmen to kill his wife in South Africa, and the case of Melanie Hall, who was murdered after leaving a nightclub in Bath in 1996.

Later, the jury was told, he researched subjects including: "How does forensic identification work?" and the location of CCTV cameras in Canynge Road, Clifton, where Tabak and Yeates lived.

He researched "body decomposition time" and an article about a man who strangled his wife and pleaded diminished responsibility.

When police revealed they were sifting tonnes of rubbish he looked up details of household waste collection in Bristol.

Tabak, who denies murder but admits manslaughter, also spent time finding out about prison life in the UK. In addition he searched online for phrases including the "definition of sexual assault", "definition sexual conduct" and "sexual offence explained".

In court he told his extraordinary story during two days in the witness box. How, after Yeates's death, he had bundled her body into his car boot before going shopping to Asda for beer and crisps and texting his girlfriend that he was "bored". He accepted that, following the killing, he had researched subjects such as the difference between murder and manslaughter and the definition of sexual assault.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:57:48 PM by Real justice »