Author Topic: Seasons Greetings from Admin  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Admin

Seasons Greetings from Admin
« on: December 25, 2014, 04:29:28 PM »
Dear Member,

The admin team would like to wish you a very Happy Christmas and continued health and happiness into New Year and beyond.

The forum has gone from strength to strength over the past year and along with our sister sites on Facebook and Twitter has attracted a strong and loyal following.  Inevitably, members come and go as they pursue other activities and take time out from what can be a time consuming involvement. However, each in their own way has contributed some small measure to the valuable and researchable resource which the forum has become.

To the members who post regularly throughout the good times and the bad, you must congratulate yourselves on a job well done.  We thank you sincerely.

The last few months saw several upgrades to the forum including the introduction of new larger capacity server.  Later in the New Year we also hope to introduce several new features to the forum which will be rolled out once they pass beta testing.  Even later we will be moving to the brand new SMF software as it also completes beta testing.  This software is a huge step forward for SMF and has been in development for several years, it will provide many new features which will be both user configurable and user friendly.

Finally, the admin team would like to thank everyone who has been involved with the forum since it rose like a Phoenix from the ashes of its predecessors.  To the original members w *&*%£hose participation has endured to the new members who have joined us from countries all over the world we want to say a huge thank you.  A forum without proper moderation never endures so to the moderators both past and present we extend our heartfelt thanks.

Happy Christmas one and all!

Regards,

Admin

Offline John

Re: Seasons Greetings from Admin
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 05:32:09 PM »
I will second those sentiments and add that a forum is only as strong as the members who contribute to it.  I must say that some of the posts made over the last year have left me in awe truly.  The quality of the posting has been exceptional and for that the members responsible should be commended. 

I know we all have differing views on the subjects we discuss but for the most part debates have been reasoned and informative.  I again want to offer a very big vote of thanks to our wonderful mods and senior mods without whom the forum would disintegrate into chaos.  Thanks guys and gals!

Merry Christmas!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Anna

Re: Seasons Greetings from Admin
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 06:47:50 PM »
I will second those sentiments and add that a forum is only as strong as the members who contribute to it.  I must say that some of the posts made over the last year have left me in awe truly.  The quality of the posting has been exceptional and for that the members responsible should be commended. 

I know we all have differing views on the subjects we discuss but for the most part debates have been reasoned and informative.  I again want to offer a very big vote of thanks to our wonderful mods and senior mods without whom the forum would disintegrate into chaos.  Thanks guys and gals!

Merry Christmas!

Lovely messages, thank you, John and Admin
 Happy Christmas!
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato