Author Topic: Who will be the next leader of the Conservative Party and by default, the PM?  (Read 59652 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

I think Jeremy Stunt will get in because all the male members seem to be attracted to his pretty Japanese Chinese wife, although her knobbly-knees might just count against him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7124569/Jeremy-Hunts-wife-Lucia-smiles-striking-red-dress-pitches-Tory-leader.html
Well that’s a good a reason as any I suppose!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

WTF is happening to the UK?

Who might have an interest in:

a. the UK leaving with no deal with its largest and nearest trading partner

b. breaking up the UK

Cui bono?

Offline Carana

Kate Hoey
‏Verified account @KateHoeyMP

I don’t watch @BBCWorld often but tonight in Minsk I am disappointed to listen to biased reporting from @robwatsonbbc on Brexit. Seems that international viewers only get a pro EU take on UK leaving the EU and negative coverage of anyone wanting a WTO deal.

https://twitter.com/KateHoeyMP/status/1138178020093628418

What on earth is a "WTO deal"?

Offline Venturi Swirl

WTF is happening to the UK?

Who might have an interest in:

a. the UK leaving with no deal with its largest and nearest trading partner

b. breaking up the UK

Cui bono?
Search me, we’ve all gone bonkers.  I want to move to Germany but I guess it won’t be that straightforward now :-/
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

Boris is well ahead then, with Hunt trailing him. Gove's had it imo unless Boris looses it and plants his foot in his mouth.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

Boris is well ahead then, with Hunt trailing him. Gove's had it imo unless Boris looses it and plants his foot in his mouth.

Utterly and seriously worried now. 8(8-))
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Utterly and seriously worried now. 8(8-))
#metoo though there is a school of thought that the only person charming and loveable and two faced enough to save us from Brexit is dear ol’ Boris.  We shall see...

Offline Carana

Words fail me...

Boris Johnson published a poem joking about the 'extermination' of the 'verminous' Scottish people

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/boris-johnson-published-poem-friendly-fire-james-michie-extermination-of-scottish-people-2019-6

Offline Erngath

Words fail me...

Boris Johnson published a poem joking about the 'extermination' of the 'verminous' Scottish people

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/boris-johnson-published-poem-friendly-fire-james-michie-extermination-of-scottish-people-2019-6

I do wish words would fail him!
His credibility is rock bottom here and is regarded as a clown.
He's an eejit.
Please tell me he is not going to be Prime Minister.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Well that is the problem isn't it.. his foot is never too far from his mouth!

He will miss travelling by bike if he gets PM- maybe he hasn't thougth this through lol
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Words fail me...

@)(++(*

I thought this was tongue in cheek humour- I found it hilarious! Not offended at all, but then I do not take offence where none was intended or directed at me personally.

I have heard much worse said about English and Welsh in pubs/restaurants...

SNP have a few nasty things to say about the English in closed shop doors.

I say leave the bickering to those who like to bicker.

Offline Erngath

@)(++(*

I thought this was tongue in cheek humour- I found it hilarious! Not offended at all, but then I do not take offence where none was intended or directed at me personally.

I have heard much worse said about English and Welsh in pubs/restaurants...

SNP have a few nasty things to say about the English in closed shop doors.

I say leave the bickering to those who like to bicker.

I'm not offended by it either.
I doubt many Scots would be.
He is such an idiot, I doubt anyone cares.
However he is most likely to be our next Prime Minister.
Pardon me if I don't find that thought pleasant.

Who would you prefer to be the next Prime Minister of the UK?
Or is Boris your preferred candidate?

I don't have a vote in who.it will be.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:52:11 PM by Erngath »

I'm not offended by it either.
I doubt many Scots would be.
He is such an idiot, I doubt anyone cares.
However he is most likely to be our next Prime Minister.
Pardon me if I don't find that thought pleasant.

Who would you prefer to be the next Prime Minister of the UK?
Or is Boris your preferred candidate?

I don't have a vote in who.it will be.

I think my personal views on BOJO are very clear. Not that i neeed to disclose to you my voting preferences or political alliance if I had one.

Oh Carana, seems you have scored an own goal with the poem thing- not stirring hatred of everthing bojo.

He comes across as a bufoon- he might be smarter than you give him credit for- never underestimate the power of stupid people!

He is not a one off- the UK is awash with men like him- country is run by such men.

Offline Erngath

I think my personal views on BOJO are very clear. Not that i neeed to disclose to you my voting preferences or political alliance if I had one.

Oh Carana, seems you have scored an own goal with the poem thing- not stirring hatred of everthing bojo.

He comes across as a bufoon- he might be smarter than you give him credit for- never underestimate the power of stupid people!

He is not a one off- the UK is awash with men like him- country is run by such men.

I think you have misunderstood Carana.
I doubt she was interested in scoring any goal.
Perhaps we Scots recognise that Boris is an idiot and laugh at his ridiculous opinion.
However possibly Carana sees a much bigger picture of how this Bufoon as you have named him will possibly become the next Prime Minister and perhaps his idiotic behaviour will not be as easily excused by other nations.

I think you have misunderstood Carana.
I doubt she was interested in scoring any goal.
Perhaps we Scots recognise that Boris is an idiot and laugh at his ridiculous opinion.
However possibly Carana sees a much bigger picture of how this Bufoon as you have named him will possibly become the next Prime Minister and perhaps his idiotic behaviour will not be as easily excused by other nations.

Carana may well see her/him self as political protagonist, and head girl/boy in all things UK.

But let us keep this real. caranna's musing is very much to stirr the minds of those whos minds cannot be infected with romantic notions about good and bad politicians.
 Otherwise we would see  a balanced independat take on all parties and all versions of 'the truth' as spewed by any politician.

Carana has shown political bias, therfore ruled out of the 'independant' thinker camp.