Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 507003 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #1200 on: April 22, 2019, 10:10:57 AM »
Inaccurate?

Is that on the list of options when reporting a post?

I thought the appropriate response to an allegedly inaccurate post was to rebut it in open forum.  I will correct my post if I am shown to be inaccurate.

Inaccurate has several definitions, some of which are not acceptable.

Rebut anything that you think is inaccurate, On Forum, In Your Opinion.  Or supply a Cite. 

You can Report it as well, but this often leads to Deleted Replies to Deleted Posts.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1201 on: April 22, 2019, 10:36:06 AM »
Inaccurate has several definitions, some of which are not acceptable.

Rebut anything that you think is inaccurate, On Forum, In Your Opinion.  Or supply a Cite. 

You can Report it as well, but this often leads to Deleted Replies to Deleted Posts.
May I ask how a moderator would be able to determine if a post is inaccurate?  It's not a moderators task, surely.  Otherwise I would be reporting hundreds of posts on the basis that they are inaccurate.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1202 on: April 22, 2019, 10:46:44 AM »
Can one report a post for being inaccurate or grammatically wanting?  Is that a forum feature I have missed?

It depends if the inaccuaracy is significant... You may remember

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1203 on: April 22, 2019, 10:51:51 AM »
It depends if the inaccuaracy is significant... You may remember
Nope, I have no memory of an inaccurate post being reported.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1204 on: April 22, 2019, 10:55:55 AM »
Nope, I have no memory of an inaccurate post being reported.

I've reported several if yours for being innacurate... But it seems they ate only removed if they are significant... Yours it seems were judged not to be

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1205 on: April 22, 2019, 11:23:58 AM »
I've reported several if yours for being innacurate... But it seems they ate only removed if they are significant... Yours it seems were judged not to be
Well done.   &^^&*

I report posts when I think they breach the forum rules.  Goading.  Ad Hom.  Libel.

And no, I don't check or whether the mods agreed with me.  I have better things to do with my remaining years.  Such is life.
What's up, old man?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1206 on: April 22, 2019, 11:28:27 AM »
May I ask how a moderator would be able to determine if a post is inaccurate?  It's not a moderators task, surely.  Otherwise I would be reporting hundreds of posts on the basis that they are inaccurate.

It is sometimes more obvious, but I often have trouble deciding, which is why I don't do a lot of Deleting.

Ultimately, John has the last word, and does reinstate comments deleted by Moderators.  How much more fair do you want?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1207 on: April 22, 2019, 11:50:53 AM »
1. What is your opinion on Pamela Fenn's report of crying for 75 minutes in their apartment on Tuesday night?
Answer: Can we be certain she didn't dose off during that period and missed another visit by the parents?

2. How did the cleaner on Wednesday see a cot in the parents bedroom (after reported crying night)?   Answer: She was Mistaken.

3. How did Rachael Oldfield not hear crying from their apartment on Wednesday night?   
Answer: Maybe she dosed off too and missed it.

4. Why did tapas staff say that they did not check every 30 minutes that week? I believe on Thursday that they did.
Answer: Who was keeping a record?  Why were they keeping a record?

5. Why did the McCanns delete call records from the mobile phones from the day they arrived in PDL until the disappearance?  Answer: Who knows?

6. Why didn't Kate or Gerry immediately call the police themselves knowing that their daughter had been abducted?   
Answer: Gerry dominates and I can't recall Gerry ever saying he immediately thought Madeleine was abducted.

7. What is your opinion about police reconstructions with the witnesses involved? 
Answer: There was never any real intention to do a reconstruction.

8. Who do you think abducted Madeleine? Is there any sightings that you think are relevant?
Answer: I still think she was a replacement child.

Can you explain how Mrs Fenn called her friend that night if you believe she had fallen asleep? At the time crying was happening the McCanns said they were back in their apartment and there was none.

Do you think they will be classed as unreliable witnesses if that phone call is proven?

Mrs Fenn was awake at 2230 on 3 May when she offered Gerry her phone to call the police. And you think she was asleep? Your answer does not add up.

"That night she contacted a friend called EDNA GLYN, who also lives in Praia da Luz, after 23.00, telling her about the situation." https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm

You believe Rachael dozed off as well. Did everyone fall asleep apart from the McCanns?

He said that he was sure immediately that his daughter had been abducted. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45694119
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 12:40:12 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1208 on: April 22, 2019, 11:53:33 AM »
It is sometimes more obvious, but I often have trouble deciding, which is why I don't do a lot of Deleting.

Ultimately, John has the last word, and does reinstate comments deleted by Moderators.  How much more fair do you want?

I don't want more fair.  If I did, I would have left the forum, and set up another one.  In the words of another forum member, any Tom, Dick or Harry can do it.  Even cheaper than chips.

Talking about food, which I love, would you bring your recipe for duck to my table for six?  My Xmas treat was also duck.

Mine was frozen.  I'd guess yours was fresh.  I'm trying to cajole my neighbour into supplying duck eggs (yummy) and a freshly killed duck (yummy), but he struggles with English, and I struggle with Portuguese.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1209 on: April 22, 2019, 11:56:53 AM »
Can you explain how Mrs Fenn called her friend that night if you believe she had fallen asleep? At the time crying was happening the McCanns said they were back in their apartment and there was none.

Do you think they will be classed as unreliable witnesses if that phone call is proven?

Mrs Fenn was awake at 2230 on 3 May when she offered Gerry her phone to call the police. And you think she was asleep? Your answer does not add up.

"That night she contacted a friend called EDNA GLYN, who also lives in Praia da Luz, after 23.00, telling her about the situation." https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm

You believe Rachael dozed off as well. Did everyone fall asleep apart from the McCanns?

Hasn't Mark Saunokonoko sourced the phone records for confirmation? ... I doubt either Mrs Fenn or her friend used burners ... much more likely to have been land lines.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1210 on: April 22, 2019, 12:07:07 PM »
Do you think the McCanns will be classed as unreliable if that phone call is proven?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1211 on: April 22, 2019, 12:22:44 PM »
I don't want more fair.  If I did, I would have left the forum, and set up another one.  In the words of another forum member, any Tom, Dick or Harry can do it.  Even cheaper than chips.

Talking about food, which I love, would you bring your recipe for duck to my table for six?  My Xmas treat was also duck.

Mine was frozen.  I'd guess yours was fresh.  I'm trying to cajole my neighbour into supplying duck eggs (yummy) and a freshly killed duck (yummy), but he struggles with English, and I struggle with Portuguese.

I just stick Duck in the oven and hope to catch it before it stops bleeding.

The Duck we had last Noel was one of the very few on offer after it's Liver had been removed for Foie Gras, so it was big, and obviously well fed.  I did stuff it, but don't ask about that because my stuffing is never the same twice.

Does Portugal do Foie Gras?  I don't have a problem with this.  When in Rome.

If you can get such a Duck, start looking around the middle of November.  They don't come frozen, but I did have to freeze mine for a month.  It was bloody lovely, by the way.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1212 on: April 22, 2019, 12:26:07 PM »

I will try to think of some of the things I put in Stuffing.  That might be a laugh.  Where does one get Chestnuts for a start.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1213 on: April 22, 2019, 12:40:39 PM »

I know from personal experience I doze off in the evening when watching TV.  In and out of sleep while the program is going on.  Missing bits all the time.   

If you are sick the same thing happens, you call fall asleep.

If you look at Mrs Fenn's statement the fact that she only hears Kate screaming at 10:30 also points to the likelihood that she was asleep between 10:00 and 10:30 PM that night.

"During the day nothing unusual happened, until almost 22.30 when, being alone again, she heard the hysterical shouts from a female person, calling out ?we have let her down? which she repeated several times, quite upset. Mrs Fenn then saw that it was the mother of little Madeleine who was shouting furiously. Upon leaning over the terrace, after having seen the mother, Mrs Fenn asked the father, Gerry, what was happening to which he replied that a small girl had been abducted. When asked, she replied that she did not leave her apartment, just spoke to Gerry from her balcony, which had a view over the terrace of the floor below. She found it strange that Gerry when said that a girl had been abducted, he did not mention that it was his daughter and that he did not mention any other scenarios. At that moment she offered Gerry help, saying that he could use her phone to contact the authorities, to which he replied that this had already been done. It was just after 22.30."
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1214 on: April 22, 2019, 12:57:44 PM »
I know from personal experience I doze off in the evening when watching TV.  In and out of sleep while the program is going on.  Missing bits all the time.   

If you are sick the same thing happens, you call fall asleep.

If you look at Mrs Fenn's statement the fact that she only hears Kate screaming at 10:30 also points to the likelihood that she was asleep between 10:00 and 10:30 PM that night.

"During the day nothing unusual happened, until almost 22.30 when, being alone again, she heard the hysterical shouts from a female person, calling out ?we have let her down? which she repeated several times, quite upset. Mrs Fenn then saw that it was the mother of little Madeleine who was shouting furiously. Upon leaning over the terrace, after having seen the mother, Mrs Fenn asked the father, Gerry, what was happening to which he replied that a small girl had been abducted. When asked, she replied that she did not leave her apartment, just spoke to Gerry from her balcony, which had a view over the terrace of the floor below. She found it strange that Gerry when said that a girl had been abducted, he did not mention that it was his daughter and that he did not mention any other scenarios. At that moment she offered Gerry help, saying that he could use her phone to contact the authorities, to which he replied that this had already been done. It was just after 22.30."

"She also said that before hearing the shouts she was watching television, as she often stays up late."  So not asleep.