Author Topic: Joana Cipriano case - Very detailed Supreme Court Report.  (Read 89794 times)

Offline John

Re: Joana Cipriano case - Very detailed Supreme Court Report.
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2014, 02:40:45 AM »
There is something very suspicious about their ability to DNA test Leandro's semen when they didn't DNA test the blood.

Actually you are wrong Eleanor and not for the first time in this case.   They did test the remnants of the material they found which indeed turned out to be human blood.  Unfortunately, Leonor and João had made such a good job of cleaning up with chemical cleaners that insufficient remained capable of returning a DNA result.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2014, 08:43:00 AM »

So they cleaned the inside of the fridge with chemical cleaners and still managed to leave some blood behind. Then The PJ tested this blood to establish that it was human, but couldn't get any DNA?  This doesn't sound very likely to me.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »
Because he could have argued that he ran out of kleenex, the sock was full up & he couldn't reach the curtains.

Would you trust him to babysit?

A woman is convicted of Murder on No Body and No Forensic Evidence, and accused of Incest, while in the same case a possible Paedophile walks away scott free leaving his DNA all over a child's underwear.

The PJ obviously believed him, and failed to beat a confession out of him.  But then they were only interested in convicting Joana's mother and uncle of murder on far less evidence.

Offline John

« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2014, 05:16:15 PM »
So they cleaned the inside of the fridge with chemical cleaners and still managed to leave some blood behind. Then The PJ tested this blood to establish that it was human, but couldn't get any DNA?  This doesn't sound very likely to me.

It is much easier to determine if a substance is blood and even human blood than it is to derive LCN results from a very small sample.  All I know is they tried to obtain DNA but were unsuccessful.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »
A woman is convicted of Murder on No Body and No Forensic Evidence, and accused of Incest, while in the same case a possible Paedophile walks away scott free leaving his DNA all over a child's underwear.

The PJ obviously believed him, and failed to beat a confession out of him.  But then they were only interested in convicting Joana's mother and uncle of murder on far less evidence.

Just my own theory Eleanor but I believe it was a case of prosecuting the greater evil and they needed Leandro on side if you understand my meaning.  They needed his cooperation and his testimony.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2014, 05:24:21 PM »
Just my own theory Eleanor but I believe it was a case of prosecuting the greater evil and they needed Leandro on side if you understand my meaning.  They needed his cooperation and his testimony.

Are there any fiendish tricks they won't get up to?  And in which case why beat up Leandro and put him in hospital for two days if they could threaten him with a charge of Paedophilia?

Offline John

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2014, 05:43:37 PM »
Are there any fiendish tricks they won't get up to?  And in which case why beat up Leandro and put him in hospital for two days if they could threaten him with a charge of Paedophilia?

They probably did both Eleanor.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2014, 05:46:16 PM »
They probably did both Eleanor.

Nasty people.  And you think it was a safe conviction?

Offline John

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2014, 12:38:32 AM »
Nasty people.  And you think it was a safe conviction?

I think two people don't independently confess to the same crime if they are completely innocent.

Offline Carana

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2014, 10:02:16 AM »
Leandro explained the semen to my satisfaction, and since he was never charged with anything then his explanation must have been accepted.
And No, I am not going to repeat what he said.  But I will repeat that he was never charged with anything.
Or are you suggesting that he sexually abused Joana?

The knickers were apparently found in a pile of clothes in a dirty-laundry basket.

As, years later, what the PJ's scientific guys decided was semen on a bedcover was eventually discovered to have been a baby's saliva in the Madeleine case, I wonder what tests they did.

The story of whose semen it actually was seems clear as mud. According to Leandro's press interview, at various points it was thought that it might have been Leandro's, João's or that of Leandro's half-brother.

As far as I'm aware the "forensic" sweep didn't take place until 10 days later. If ever the child had been abused, it might have helped if the house had been sealed off and a forensic sweep done straight away. As far as I'm aware the so-called forensic sweep didn't take place until 10 days later (22 Sept).

Offline Benice

« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2014, 10:04:58 AM »
I think two people don't independently confess to the same crime if they are completely innocent.

They do if they are being  'encouraged' to confess what they are being told they have done - after  hours and hours of 'robust' interrogation. IMO   
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Carana

« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2014, 10:56:13 AM »
They do if they are being  'encouraged' to confess what they are being told they have done - after  hours and hours of 'robust' interrogation. IMO   

I agree, Benice.

Just a glance at the Innocence Project study shows how high the percentage of false confessions actually is (or has been)... and that study concerned the US. 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2014, 11:08:36 AM »

Support the Ciprianos T- Shirts, now available in blood red only.

Unique hacksaw logo and...

'I believe the Ciprianos are innocent'  written in a suspicious smelling white stained font.

Available via the Find Madeleine website.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2014, 11:11:52 AM »

'I believe the Ciprianos are innocent'  written in a suspicious smelling white stained font.

You norty little attention seeker you.

Offline Carana

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2014, 11:28:28 AM »

Is this meant to be an example of "shockjock humour"? I find it disrespectful towards two missing children and their families. I'll be interested to see how many of the so-called sceptics on here high-five that with approving smilies.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:32:23 AM by Carana »