Author Topic: Perceptions of Madeleine's Abduction  (Read 31404 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Perceptions of Madeleine's Abduction
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2022, 10:01:32 AM »
Anna Raccoon you mean?

Operation Grange spent years following evidence to no avail.  Is that because the evidence which might support abduction doesn't? It seems that none of the sightings of Madeleine or of men behaving or looking strange were useful.
Anyone who seriously believes that Operation Grange have allowed themselves to be sent on a wild goose chase for years really does need to give their head a wobble IMO.  The fact that their investigation into abduction is now supported by two foreign police forces must surely give you some pause for thought?  But then again, probably not...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2022, 10:05:22 AM »
Who said that finding an abductor was the remit of Operation Grange to the exclusion of all else?

This sounds like Libel to me.  And not even in your opinion, but stated as a fact.

It is as plain as the nose on a face, Eleanor.

It is arrant stupidity to imagine that Scotland Yard or any investigating body would embark on any initiative major or minor without taking absolutely EVERYTHING - that is every miniscule record - of ALL the investigative work which had gone on before and putting it under the closest scrutiny. 

It beggars belief there are those who imagine it all wasn't gone over in fine detail which INCLUDED the investigation of witnesses ~ particularly the main ones.
Op Grange Remit

The support and expertise proffered by the Commissioner will be provided by the Homicide & Serious Crime Command - SCD1. 

The activity, in the first instance, will be that of an ‘investigative review’.  This will entail a review of the whole of the investigation(s) which have been conducted in to the circumstances of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

The focus of the review will be of the material held by three main stakeholders (and in the following order of primacy);
  • The Portuguese Law Enforcement agencies.
  • UK Law Enforcement agencies,
  • Other private investigative agencies/staff and organisations.
The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before. 

It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter. Whilst ordinarily a review has no investigative remit whatsoever- the scale and extent of this enquiry cannot permit for such an approach. It will take too long to progress to any “action stage” if activity is given wholly and solely to a review process.

The ‘investigative review’ will be conducted with transparency, openness and thoroughness.

The work will be overseen through the Gold Group management structure, which will also manage the central relationships with other key stakeholders and provide continuing oversight and direction to the investigative remit.

End
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2022, 10:08:03 AM »
Anna Raccoon you mean?

Operation Grange spent years following evidence to no avail.  Is that because the evidence which might support abduction doesn't? It seems that none of the sightings of Madeleine or of men behaving or looking strange were useful.

Yet again you are pontificating from a position of absolute ignorance.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2022, 10:28:11 AM »
Yet again you are pontificating from a position of absolute ignorance.

Oh right, so Brueckner was seen lurking close to 5a was he?

Yes, maybe that's the concrete evidence.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2022, 10:49:08 AM »
Anna Racoon posted on a website, the name of which I have forgotten.  She then became a Moderator and did her best to be fair and logical to all opinion.

She also had a Blog on which she pursued many other things with the same logic.

She was a friend of mine, although we didn't always agree.  Her name was Susan Nundy.  I visited her in Provence, but sadly at a time when she was becoming really ill.

A Nonentity she most certainly was not.  But this was happening before any sceptic had even got their act together beyond salacious gossip.  Nothing much has changed since then.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2022, 10:52:20 AM »
Anna Racoon posted on a website, the name of which I have forgotten.  She then became a Moderator and did her best to be fair and logical to all opinion.

She also had a Blog on which she pursued many other things with the same logic.

She was a friend of mine, although we didn't always agree.  Her name was Susan Nundy.  I visited her in Provence, but sadly at a time when she was becoming really ill.

A Nonentity she most certainly was not.  But this was happening before any sceptic had even got their act together beyond salacious gossip.  Nothing much has changed since then.
She started off being quite sceptical as I recall, but then her logic and common sense prevailed. She was always worth reading even if you didn't always agree with everything she wrote.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2022, 10:54:01 AM »
Oh right, so Brueckner was seen lurking close to 5a was he?

Yes, maybe that's the concrete evidence.

The German investigators haven't contacted me with that information yet.  I'm sure they will have it just not ready to impart it yet.

I do know where he was on the 9th of May though.  He hadn't yet left Portugal for Germany by then, unless he had made a flying round trip there and back.

But it isn't really important for us to know the fine detail.  It is enough the BKA have sussed it out and have included it all in their chain of evidence.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2022, 11:03:47 AM »
She started off being quite sceptical as I recall, but then her logic and common sense prevailed. She was always worth reading even if you didn't always agree with everything she wrote.

I didn't always agree with some of her opinions although I respected all she had to say.  I think she was an intellectual giant of a woman.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2022, 11:14:46 AM »

Yes, she did start out by being skeptical.  But then didn't we all, until it became too daft for words.  I was for about three months, although God knows why.  Just Preconceptions I suspect.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2022, 11:16:59 AM »
I didn't always agree with some of her opinions although I respected all she had to say.  I think she was an intellectual giant of a woman.

Her best epitaph.  I am pleased for that.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2022, 11:18:53 AM »
It is as plain as the nose on a face, Eleanor.

It is arrant stupidity to imagine that Scotland Yard or any investigating body would embark on any initiative major or minor without taking absolutely EVERYTHING - that is every miniscule record - of ALL the investigative work which had gone on before and putting it under the closest scrutiny. 

It beggars belief there are those who imagine it all wasn't gone over in fine detail which INCLUDED the investigation of witnesses ~ particularly the main ones.
Op Grange Remit

The support and expertise proffered by the Commissioner will be provided by the Homicide & Serious Crime Command - SCD1. 

The activity, in the first instance, will be that of an ‘investigative review’.  This will entail a review of the whole of the investigation(s) which have been conducted in to the circumstances of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

The focus of the review will be of the material held by three main stakeholders (and in the following order of primacy);
  • The Portuguese Law Enforcement agencies.
  • UK Law Enforcement agencies,
  • Other private investigative agencies/staff and organisations.
The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before. 

It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter. Whilst ordinarily a review has no investigative remit whatsoever- the scale and extent of this enquiry cannot permit for such an approach. It will take too long to progress to any “action stage” if activity is given wholly and solely to a review process.

The ‘investigative review’ will be conducted with transparency, openness and thoroughness.

The work will be overseen through the Gold Group management structure, which will also manage the central relationships with other key stakeholders and provide continuing oversight and direction to the investigative remit.

End

"(as if the abduction occurred in the UK) "

Says it all - the crime was decided before they started.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2022, 11:35:34 AM »

This is such an abuse of words by you.  Unfortunately for you, you aren't very good with semantics.

Madeleine McCann was a British Child lost abroad, wherein the Judiciary were doing nothing to find her.  What else did you think Scotland Yard were going to do?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2022, 12:03:43 PM »

Personally I think you read far too much into that one short phrase - this is exactly how conspiracy theories get started....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2022, 12:09:48 PM »

I don't think I have ever encountered such a closed mind as yours or are all sceptics so inclined?

This review was not carried out in a vacuum.

It is stated categorically that all the evidence from previous investigations would be scrutinised and given appropriate weight and it starts off with the sentence ~
"The support and expertise proffered by the Commissioner will be provided by the Homicide & Serious Crime Command - SCD1." What do you suppose their role might have been?  just sitting around twiddling their thumbs while they were having evidential rings run around them?

This was no ordinary review process.
"Whilst ordinarily a review has no investigative remit whatsoever- the scale and extent of this enquiry cannot permit for such an approach. It will take too long to progress to any “action stage” if activity is given wholly and solely to a review process."

Do you think the PJ evidence which exonerated the McCanns wasn't part of this review?

The McCanns had fought long and hard to reach this stage.  Do you realise that without the supporting evidence that could have been as far as as they might have managed to go with Madeleine's investigation?
That was not the case.
Evidence which should have been addressed starting in 2007 was found in abundance.  The incidence of intrusion into holiday accommodation where children were abused being paramount.

If no-one is looking for links they won't be found.  I think time will tell on that one if ever Brueckner is brought to trial on the beach assault on the little German ten year old whose assailant addressed her in English.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 12:11:51 PM by Brietta »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2022, 12:10:41 PM »
The German investigators haven't contacted me with that information yet.  I'm sure they will have it just not ready to impart it yet.

I do know where he was on the 9th of May though.  He hadn't yet left Portugal for Germany by then, unless he had made a flying round trip there and back.

But it isn't really important for us to know the fine detail.  It is enough the BKA have sussed it out and have included it all in their chain of evidence.

The chain of evidence that leads to a total dead end, you mean?

That chain of evidence, that isn't sufficient to press charges against Brueckner any time in the foreseeable future, you mean?

Yes, that's some concrete stuff right there, isn't it.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.