Author Topic: Operation Update.  (Read 2095 times)

Offline faithlilly

Operation Update.
« on: April 10, 2023, 11:32:13 AM »
12 months ago I added this to my profile.

“ Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?”

How closer are we to Brueckner being charged with anything in connection with Madeleine’s disappearance?

Same time next year eh?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

Re: Operation Update.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 01:20:19 PM »

The Trial for the other five charges will have to come first.

My mind is still in abeyance on The Madeleine Affair.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 01:31:40 PM »
The Trial for the other five charges will have to come first.

My mind is still in abeyance on The Madeleine Affair.

That wouldn’t stop them bringing charges. It appears that there’s not enough evidence even to do that.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline barrier

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 01:38:58 PM »

“ Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

How closer are we to Brueckner being charged with anything in connection with Madeleine’s disappearance?

Same time next year eh?

Hard to tell, Article 6 of the ECHR says (see below), trouble is no charges have been laid against CB in relation to Madeleine ,save in press releases.

1 In the determination of his civil rights and obligations or of any criminal charge against him, everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time by an independent and impartial tribunal established by law.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 01:48:58 PM »
That wouldn’t stop them bringing charges. It appears that there’s not enough evidence even to do that.

No one knows what evidence they have.  Sad to say that I no longer care all that much.  I just want to see Brueckner locked up for a very long time and I don't care how they do it so long as he is found Guilty of whatever.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 02:41:07 PM »

Same time next year eh?
It's all a big game to some people isn't it?  Come back in a year for another gloat.  Or maybe not.  Perhaps you'll be laughing on the other side of your face by then. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 03:02:23 PM »
No one knows what evidence they have.  Sad to say that I no longer care all that much.  I just want to see Brueckner locked up for a very long time and I don't care how they do it so long as he is found Guilty of whatever.

I absolutely agree. Let’s hope that something sticks and he is locked up for a very long time. I very much doubt that it will be anything to do with Madeleine’s disappearance though.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2023, 03:11:58 PM »
I absolutely agree. Let’s hope that something sticks and he is locked up for a very long time. I very much doubt that it will be anything to do with Madeleine’s disappearance though.
"very much hope" more like.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2023, 03:41:30 PM »

Sad to say that Madeleine is still on the back burner.  But it has been 16 years so another couple of years won't make much difference, except perhaps to The McCanns.

Madeleine wasn't, or isn't my child and so I cannot feel the pain.  To most McCann Supporters the whole thing has always been academic.  Find the proof against anyone.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2023, 04:48:46 PM »
Some crimes go unsolved or at least unresolved for many, many years.  The fact that the police have yet to bring charges against the key suspect should not imo be an excuse for mockery or gloating and yet it appears that that is precisely what is happening here on this thread and often on other threads thanks to the trolls and WUMs who get their kicks from such childish behavour.  It's time people behaved like adults and realised that just because a crime is complex and difficult to solve doesn't mean that the police are not on the right track.  Anyone with an ounce of decency would be hoping for a positive outcome from this investigation, and by that I mean the successful prosecution of the culprit that took Madeleine from her bedroom.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2023, 10:18:12 PM »
Some crimes go unsolved or at least unresolved for many, many years.  The fact that the police have yet to bring charges against the key suspect should not imo be an excuse for mockery or gloating and yet it appears that that is precisely what is happening here on this thread and often on other threads thanks to the trolls and WUMs who get their kicks from such childish behavour.  It's time people behaved like adults and realised that just because a crime is complex and difficult to solve doesn't mean that the police are not on the right track.  Anyone with an ounce of decency would be hoping for a positive outcome from this investigation, and by that I mean the successful prosecution of the culprit that took Madeleine from her bedroom.

It is amusing to watch the "but what about the ... ... ... " showing so little regard for the victims of the crimes with which Brueckner is currently charged.

What about the three rape victims whose cases are on hold while Brueckner's lawyers protect his right to a fair trial?  There are also the sexual assaults on children to be considered as the authorities weigh their rights and Brueckner's rights in the same legal argument involving all five indictments.

In what way have indictments speeded up progress to trial?

There is a log jam here ~ and until it is resolved and it decided not if but where Brueckner will face trial we are stuck with it. 
All part of the legal process and presently the ball is with Brueckner's lawyers.  It is all very time consuming but if they seem to be in no hurry to be getting on with it, why the furore?

Madeleine's case is unlikely to be dealt with in court any sooner than anyone else's even if Brueckner was charged.  We are watching the delay happening with five charges already ~ why would it benefit anyone to add a sixth delay.

Brueckner has rights and his legal team is defending them to the hilt.  So who is defending the rights of the victims.  Is that objectionable for some people.  I think it seems so.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2023, 10:25:50 PM »

And Brueckner deserves the right to a fair trial which is not happening because of prolonged legal arguments by his defence team.

One presumes they have consulted their client on this manoeuvre and he is on board with the delay caused.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2023, 12:11:38 AM »
And Brueckner deserves the right to a fair trial which is not happening because of prolonged legal arguments by his defence team.

One presumes they have consulted their client on this manoeuvre and he is on board with the delay caused.

There are witnesses and a police arrest involved in the child sexual abuse charges.  I will be most surprised if they don't get him on those two before his present sentence runs out.  So time enough later to decide on what to do about Madeline.  There is no real hurry anymore.  After sixteen years why would there be?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2023, 01:10:58 AM »
There are witnesses and a police arrest involved in the child sexual abuse charges.  I will be most surprised if they don't get him on those two before his present sentence runs out.  So time enough later to decide on what to do about Madeline.  There is no real hurry anymore.  After sixteen years why would there be?

He was arrested in flagrante by an off duty police officer attending the event with her family.

Interestingly witnesses thought he was accompanied by another man who fled the scene.

I wonder why it has been left to the German police to prosecute this man for a crime committed on Portuguese soil, against Portuguese children and arrested by a Portuguese police officer which in any jurisdiction would be a slam dunk case.

What is this guy's get out of jail free card when even retired cop Amaral goes out of his way to champion him.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2023, 01:45:36 AM »
He was arrested in flagrante by an off duty police officer attending the event with her family.

Interestingly witnesses thought he was accompanied by another man who fled the scene.

I wonder why it has been left to the German police to prosecute this man for a crime committed on Portuguese soil, against Portuguese children and arrested by a Portuguese police officer which in any jurisdiction would be a slam dunk case.

What is this guy's get out of jail free card when even retired cop Amaral goes out of his way to champion him.

It is all looking rather nasty.  Will the Portuguese police officer be called as a witness at Brueckner's trial in Germany?  That will be interesting.