Author Topic: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.  (Read 1238470 times)

Anthro and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.
« Reply #14460 on: October 25, 2021, 10:33:23 AM »
Who hasn't done the old swap and drop at the Tesco self-checkout?
I don't think he will need to explain anything. But he may proffer an arbitrary alibi, given that HCW has told the world that he can't place CB at the scene.

Failure to account for his movements on the day could  be an important point for the prosecution

Offline Uncle Jr

« Reply #14461 on: October 25, 2021, 11:09:53 AM »
Failure to account for his movements on the day could  be an important point for the prosecution
...and all that does is place him somewhere on planet Earth.

Offline jassi

« Reply #14462 on: October 25, 2021, 11:27:16 AM »
So may years after the event, I would think it very difficult for any witness to pinpoint him to anywhere in particular, unless he appears on holiday photographs. Even then there could be doubt about the accuracy of the camera time.

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14463 on: October 25, 2021, 11:31:08 AM »
...and all that does is place him somewhere on planet Earth.

I disagree. Although silence itself cannot be taken as an indication of guilt lack of explanation can.
My understanding is that with circumstantial evidence aothough each piece when taken separately can be seen as a flimsy piece of thread when joined together they form a very strong cable..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14464 on: October 25, 2021, 11:32:13 AM »
So may years after the event, I would think it very difficult for any witness to pinpoint him to anywhere in particular, unless he appears on holiday photographs. Even then there could be doubt about the accuracy of the camera time.

Wait and see

Online Eleanor

« Reply #14465 on: October 25, 2021, 11:32:47 AM »
Have we done the 'changed the car registration name' again yet?

Offline jassi

« Reply #14466 on: October 25, 2021, 11:40:02 AM »
Have we done the 'changed the car registration name' again yet?

No, do you think it significant ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14467 on: October 25, 2021, 11:43:25 AM »
No, do you think it significant ?
It might be.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Uncle Jr

« Reply #14468 on: October 25, 2021, 11:49:40 AM »
I disagree. Although silence itself cannot be taken as an indication of guilt lack of explanation can.
My understanding is that with circumstantial evidence aothough each piece when taken separately can be seen as a flimsy piece of thread when joined together they form a very strong cable..
Nice analogy, but I prefer to see it as pieces of timber used to bolster a structure, with the defence attacking each piece to attempt to topple it. It would only take the defence one successful strike to, at the very least, introduce reasonable doubt.

Realistically though, would CB be instructed to keep shtum? If he's the idiot we suspect, Fulscher would surely be reticent to let him speak for himself.

Offline Uncle Jr

« Reply #14469 on: October 25, 2021, 11:51:42 AM »
It might be.
It is. It's circumstantial evidence of possible obfuscation.
It may be simply explained, however, irrespective of how plausible the explanation.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14470 on: October 25, 2021, 12:08:23 PM »
Nice analogy, but I prefer to see it as pieces of timber used to bolster a structure, with the defence attacking each piece to attempt to topple it. It would only take the defence one successful strike to, at the very least, introduce reasonable doubt.

Realistically though, would CB be instructed to keep shtum? If he's the idiot we suspect, Fulscher would surely be reticent to let him speak for himself.
Do we suspect he's an idiot?  I don't. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Uncle Jr

« Reply #14471 on: October 25, 2021, 12:13:52 PM »
Well he's not particularly successful at evading capture generally (apart from the obvious), or even being forensically or evidentially aware.
In addition to his apparent continual running of his mouth to anyone who'll listen.
So no, not particularly bright.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #14472 on: October 25, 2021, 12:15:48 PM »
And I wonder who is behind that  8(0(*

No mystery about that.  The person feeling aggrieved at being defamed in Amaral's book is named in the link you posted as Helge Busching.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #14473 on: October 25, 2021, 12:17:28 PM »

Nor me neither.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #14474 on: October 25, 2021, 12:33:00 PM »
That's all very well and good, but they won't have a clue what the defence have. They can only test the potential lines of defence tactics.
As for the defence, of course they will pick the most advantageous way to pick apart the prosecution, given that they only need to introduce reasonable doubt.
Who knows, Ralph Wiggum Herr Fulscher may have the chair fallage evidence he proclaims.

If Brueckner has given his Defence Team an indisputable get out clause it would be rather politic for them to share.  In that way he can be eliminated from the inquiry.
Which would allow the police to move onto another burglar and convicted paedophile and rapist, domicile in Luz and phoning from Luz at the relevant time and who apparently confessed to the crime perpetrated against Madeleine in 2017,  to be investigated.

Wonder why they haven't done that.

Maybe because the evidence the German investigation holds against Brueckner cancels out the rapist's certainty that they won't find any.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....