Author Topic: Is It Important That Boris is a Liar ?  (Read 11393 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Is It Important That Boris is a Liar ?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2020, 07:02:57 PM »
I agree, they might as well keep Corbyn if they vote in Keir Starmer because he is cut from the same cloth. The inner circle will vote for Starmer but he will never represent Labour voters outside of London. Labour is unelectable and long may it last... Sock it to them Boris   @)(++(* @)(++(* 8@??)(

Why is Labour so popular in London?
Is it just the  number of voters who live there?
How many Conservative MPs representing London constituencies are there?
Why is Labour now unelectable in Scotland in so far as Westminster is concerned?
Why is the Conservative party unelectable in Scotland/in so far as.Westminster is concerned?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2020, 07:24:33 PM »
Why is Labour so popular in London?
Is it just the  number of voters who live there?
How many Conservative MPs representing London constituencies are there?
Why is Labour now unelectable in Scotland in so far as Westminster is concerned?
Why is the Conservative party unelectable in Scotland/in so far as.Westminster is concerned?
Labour is popular with the young and with people of BAME heritage especially Muslims, both demographics largely represented in certain parts of London, that’s one reason.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2020, 07:59:54 PM »
Labour is popular with the young and with people of BAME heritage especially Muslims, both demographics largely represented in certain parts of London, that’s one reason.

I can understand the swing from Labour in the regions of England who voted for Brexit.
However still trying to figure out the total loss of the  Labour vote here.
My own opinion is that many voted SNP in protest against the extremes of both Labour and Conservative parties.

Three brothers in law who were totally Labour voters voted SNP and are hoping for independence ??
It will be an interesting few years.
I read that Boris, once he has Brexit sorted, is going to pay a few visits to Scotland to promote the Union.
That will really work!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:02:24 PM by Erngath »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2020, 10:08:37 PM »
“Corbyn has a record of supporting anti Israeli terrorist groups in the Middle East and elsewhere” is a fact, not propaganda.

Corbyn has made many, many speeches, perhaps you can quote any part of one where he has given his support to any terrorist group ( dear God please not the Hamas quote again ! ).
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2020, 10:12:34 PM »
I can understand the swing from Labour in the regions of England who voted for Brexit.
However still trying to figure out the total loss of the  Labour vote here.
My own opinion is that many voted SNP in protest against the extremes of both Labour and Conservative parties.

Three brothers in law who were totally Labour voters voted SNP and are hoping for independence ??
It will be an interesting few years.
I read that Boris, once he has Brexit sorted, is going to pay a few visits to Scotland to promote the Union.
That will really work!

Perhaps it really is just about Independence ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2020, 10:30:48 PM »
Corbyn has made many, many speeches, perhaps you can quote any part of one where he has given his support to any terrorist group ( dear God please not the Hamas quote again ! ).
How about you point to all the times he has invited members of the Israeli government and loyalist paramilitary groups to have tea with him at the HoC, how many times he has outright condemned acts of terrorism against us and our allies without in the next breath wagging the finger of blame at ourselves and our allies for supposedly bringing it upon themselves, equivocate, equivocate, equivocate, deflect, deflect, deflect.  Corbyn supports Palestine and despises Israel, but you don’t think he supports Hamas?  Gimme a break.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2020, 10:40:55 PM »
Perhaps it really is just about Independence ?

Perhaps it is.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2020, 11:53:17 PM »
How about you point to all the times he has invited members of the Israeli government and loyalist paramilitary groups to have tea with him at the HoC, how many times he has outright condemned acts of terrorism against us and our allies without in the next breath wagging the finger of blame at ourselves and our allies for supposedly bringing it upon themselves, equivocate, equivocate, equivocate, deflect, deflect, deflect.  Corbyn supports Palestine and despises Israel, but you don’t think he supports Hamas?  Gimme a break.

No quote then ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2020, 07:31:00 AM »
No quote then ?
As I said Jeremy always equivocates - it’s always “ we condemn the Manchester bombing, but we also condemn the stabbing of a Muslim outside a Mosque”.  It’s alway always qualified, or the issue deflected to remind us that we’re the bad guys.  Look at his recent speech for CND.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2020, 08:12:41 AM »
For someone who started this thread to discuss Boris and his lies, you’re not doing very well at keeping it on topic!  Instead it’s turned into another thread about Yesterday’s Man.  He’s history.  Let’s move on.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2020, 10:58:06 AM »
As I said Jeremy always equivocates - it’s always “ we condemn the Manchester bombing, but we also condemn the stabbing of a Muslim outside a Mosque”.  It’s alway always qualified, or the issue deflected to remind us that we’re the bad guys.  Look at his recent speech for CND.

So no direct quote again.

Are you really trying to suggest that when he links the heightened risk of terrorist attacks with our foreign policy decisions he isn’t telling the truth ? What is unpatriotic about that ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2020, 03:44:06 PM »
So no direct quote again.

Are you really trying to suggest that when he links the heightened risk of terrorist attacks with our foreign policy decisions he isn’t telling the truth ? What is unpatriotic about that ?
Jeez, you really need to ask.  Imagine a Labour MP in 1941 excusing the Blitz because it was us that declared war on Germany.  “We thoroughly condemn the killing of thousands of British civilians by the Germans, however we only have ourselves to blame for declaring war on them in the first place and by the way we’ve killed some German civilians too, so we’re in no position to take the moral high ground”. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2020, 06:41:17 PM »
Jeez, you really need to ask.  Imagine a Labour MP in 1941 excusing the Blitz because it was us that declared war on Germany.  “We thoroughly condemn the killing of thousands of British civilians by the Germans, however we only have ourselves to blame for declaring war on them in the first place and by the way we’ve killed some German civilians too, so we’re in no position to take the moral high ground”.

One difference. German invaded Poland...what followed was justified. What is the justification for the destruction of great swathes of the Middle East ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2020, 07:05:39 PM »
One difference. German invaded Poland...what followed was justified. What is the justification for the destruction of great swathes of the Middle East ?
I think you know what the justification was, the Labour Government at the time believed that Iraq posed an existential threat to the area.  Prior to that of course there was the worst terrorist atrocity perpetrated on the West by a terrorist organisation propped up and given shelter by the Taliban in Afghanistan, a terror group headed by one Osama Bin Laden, whose death Corbyn described as a tragedy.  A tragedy for whom exactly?  I take it you are of the view that Bin Laden’s actions were justified then, or at the very least understandable?  And all terrorist attacks wherever they occur against the West?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2020, 07:31:02 PM »
I think you know what the justification was, the Labour Government at the time believed that Iraq posed an existential threat to the area.  Prior to that of course there was the worst terrorist atrocity perpetrated on the West by a terrorist organisation propped up and given shelter by the Taliban in Afghanistan, a terror group headed by one Osama Bin Laden, whose death Corbyn described as a tragedy.  A tragedy for whom exactly?  I take it you are of the view that Bin Laden’s actions were justified then, or at the very least understandable?  And all terrorist attacks wherever they occur against the West?

How many mistakes can you include in one post.

Iraq posed no threat, google WMD.

Corbyn said Bin Laden should have been tried under international law and the fact that he didn’t was the tragedy.

“Jeremy Corbyn has come under fire for saying it was a “tragedy” that Osama bin Laden was killed by the US rather than being put on trial.

The Labour leadership frontrunner made the remarks shortly after the special forces raid in 2011 on the al-Qaida chief’s Pakistan compound in which he and four others were shot dead.

In an interview for Iranian television, he suggested the assassination of the mastermind behind the September 11 attacks would result in deeper unrest.

It is the latest in a series of past comments and associations that the veteran left-winger has been forced to defend since emerging as the surprise favourite to succeed Ed Miliband.

In a clip from the Press TV show the Agenda, Corbyn is heard complaining that there had been “no attempt whatsoever that I can see to arrest him and put him on trial, to go through that process”. He went on: “This was an assassination attempt, and is yet another tragedy, upon a tragedy, upon a tragedy.

“The World Trade Center was a tragedy, the attack on Afghanistan was a tragedy, the war in Iraq was a tragedy. Tens of thousands of people have died. Torture has come back on to the world stage, been canonised virtually into law by Guantánamo and Bagram.

“Can’t we learn some lessons from this? Are we just going to sink deeper and deeper?

“The next stage will be an attempted assassination on Gaddafi and so it will go on. This will just make the world more dangerous and worse and worse and worse.”

A spokesman for Corbyn said he was “a total opponent of al-Qaida, all it stands for”.

He was proved correct.