Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47805 times)

Offline Admin

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2019, 07:39:23 PM »
Yes, I was able to watch it.  It was up on Pirate Television almost immediately.

To me, most of Sutton's success seems to have been due to instinct, although I was a bit confused as to why he thought it was Bellfield in the first place.  Just a white van parked for about twenty minutes.  I have no idea why he picked on that.

Martin Clunes was marvellous, and even looked somewhat like Sutton.

To be honest it was part instinct and part good luck for Sutton. The white van was parked by the side of the road during the time of the murder but then disappeared immediately. Had Sutton not expended resources on finding that vehicle then a valuable lead would have been lost. The van was traced to a local wheel clamping outfit and thereafter to Bellfield.  The rest is history.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 07:42:05 PM by Admin »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2019, 07:58:10 PM »
Of course it is, they were there experiencing the incompetence first hand.

Oh that is a bit rich... they left their children alone every night, one  is claimed to have been abducted by paedophiles and they notice the police are incompetent?  they offer no evidence of this.

They called their parents and families and the press... did they tell them they left the childern alone to go wineing and dining and left a door unlocked? NO- Did they tell them the police,  and they, were looking for a 'missing' child who may have wandered off due to the unlocked door NO.  They  also forgot to mention a whole lot of police had little sleep as they were on duty and searching not to mention a lot of the staff and locals...  Instead they told a story about windows being open curtains whooshing and shutters jemmied and daughter missing, adding and the police were doing nothing and they were left all alone out looking by 'ourselves'.  Hmm

So within an hour or so of their daughter missing they are slagging off the police as being incompetent- even though they did not know what the police were doing.  disgusting.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:52:43 PM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2019, 08:02:21 PM »
Why... When we knew the mistakes they were making... Their incorrect belief that maddies death in the, apartment was confirmed... This was a massive error

Nothing has been confirmed regarding MBM's mortal state.

You do not know if MBM was killed in that apartment. She could have swallowed pills and died- she could have been killed by an intruder- she could have fell over and banged her head and died. So many possibilities, and you have no evidence of anything about what happened in that apartment  you were not there.... Or were you?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2019, 08:08:48 PM »

You do not know if MBM was killed in that apartment. She could have swallowed pills and died- she could have been killed by an intruder- she could have fell over and banged her head and died. So many possibilities, and you have no evidence of anything about what happened in that apartment  you were not there.... Or were you?
Swallowed pills and died??!  What sort of pills?  Do children of 4 swallow pills? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2019, 08:11:09 PM »
I wonder how useful people would have found this dramatization if Sutton hadn’t recently inveigled his way into the Anti McCann camp on twitter and become a bit of a champion of the sceptic cause??

That is quite a slurr.  I admire the man for the work he has done, his compassion, and dedication. Is that why you can't stand him and are slagging him off because you believe he is an anti-Mccann.. OMG!

Colin Sutton said a couple of things I am aware of:
 1. He was advised not to touch the OG investigation , if he was offered it, as it had a strict remit- only abduction.
 2. He mentioned that the investigation should focus on what actually happened - go back to the beginning- which would involve questioning the parents and family.

AS far as I know he has never said anything derogatory of the parents or tapas. So how you figure him to be anti McCann says more about you.

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2019, 08:13:21 PM »
Swallowed pills and died??!  What sort of pills?  Do children of 4 swallow pills?

Do children of 4 swallow smarties/malteesers/MnMs? the answer is YES!  children do swallow pills thinking they are sweets...

Online Eleanor

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2019, 08:14:55 PM »

Could we possible stick to the Topic, Please?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2019, 08:16:12 PM »
Do children of 4 swallow smarties/malteesers/MnMs? the answer is YES!  children do swallow pills thinking they are sweets...
I’ve got two children and neither of them has ever swallowed large quantities of any of the afore mentioned confectionery.  Where’s the fun in swallowing and not munching sweeties?  So what pills do you think Madeleine could have swallowed in lethal quantity and caused her to die so very quickly?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2019, 08:18:39 PM »
That is quite a slurr.  I admire the man for the work he has done, his compassion, and dedication. Is that why you can't stand him and are slagging him off because you believe he is an anti-Mccann.. OMG!

Colin Sutton said a couple of things I am aware of:
 1. He was advised not to touch the OG investigation , if he was offered it, as it had a strict remit- only abduction.
 2. He mentioned that the investigation should focus on what actually happened - go back to the beginning- which would involve questioning the parents and family.

AS far as I know he has never said anything derogatory of the parents or tapas. So how you figure him to be anti McCann says more about you.
Before we move on to the meat of your post please can you tell me how you have surmised that I can’t stand the man?  That’s a ridiculous assumption.  I have not slagged him off once, merely stated facts. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2019, 08:43:55 PM »
Yes, I was able to watch it.  It was up on Pirate Television almost immediately.

To me, most of Sutton's success seems to have been due to instinct, although I was a bit confused as to why he thought it was Bellfield in the first place.  Just a white van parked for about twenty minutes.  I have no idea why he picked on that.

Martin Clunes was marvellous, and even looked somewhat like Sutton.

I'm glad you were able to see it. It was a very well done piece of work and, as you say, Martin Clunes did a great job of showing a real detective doing a real job. I found that so much more interesting than those invented by writers. 

I think good detectives do develop a 'nose' which helps them along. The van was interesting, but once the statement by Bellfield's ex was brought to his attention he was on the trail and followed it doggedly.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2019, 08:51:26 PM »

Could you tell amaral nothing has, been confirmed... According to him it has

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2019, 08:54:00 PM »
Yes, I wonder if we can look forward to a Mea Culpa from anyone in the PJ if and when the MM case is solved and it is established beyond doubt that the parents had nothing to do with it.

Did they speak to the UK police officers like that Surrey policeman spoke to Sutton? Did they refuse to listen to the UK police officers like that officer refused to listen to Sutton? He had every reason to apologise, the PJ don't have any reason to do so.

I think you are being over-optimistic if you expect it to be established beyond reasonable doubt that the parents had nothing to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2019, 08:57:27 PM »
Did they speak to the UK police officers like that Surrey policeman spoke to Sutton? Did they refuse to listen to the UK police officers like that officer refused to listen to Sutton? He had every reason to apologise, the PJ don't have any reason to do so.

I think you are being over-optimistic if you expect it to be established beyond reasonable doubt that the parents had nothing to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

I think it's already been established... If the mccans went to court now they would be found not guilty

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2019, 09:03:30 PM »

I was thinking of Amaral actually, a man who would have every reason to apologise to the McCanns should it be established they had nothing to do with Madeleine’s disappearance but who is IMO probably far too proud and arrogant to ever consider such a course of action.  I am quite certain that if this case is ever solved (which is not beyond the realms of possibility) that the McCanns innocence will be established beyond reasonable doubt.  Why is that being overly optimistic?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2019, 09:49:28 PM »
I was thinking of Amaral actually, a man who would have every reason to apologise to the McCanns should it be established they had nothing to do with Madeleine’s disappearance but who is IMO probably far too proud and arrogant to ever consider such a course of action.  I am quite certain that if this case is ever solved (which is not beyond the realms of possibility) that the McCanns innocence will be established beyond reasonable doubt.  Why is that being overly optimistic?

Just think! One day you might find you were wrong all along. In my opinion that would be hilarious.
Result = happy posting.