Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47803 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2019, 03:39:46 PM »
No.  I just wondered why you all seem so pleased that The McCanns were deprived of sightings of Madeleine.

I believe the situation was resolved as a result of Paiva's testimony at the libel trial in 2010 when he admitted to holding a dossier of more than 2,000 pages containing information on Madeleine's case which had not been properly investigated; this evidence was given to the McCann lawyer on request and it was McCann private detectives who had to play catch up with evidence held in Judicial Police archives since the case was officially shelved in 2008.

But just as intriguing is why on a thread especially requested to exemplify successful British police work we are yet again at groundhog full circle to denigrate the victims of botched Portuguese police work ... of which a prime example must be the files considered irrelevant to Madeleine's case mouldering away quietly in Paiva's office.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2019, 03:40:43 PM »
I think the UK police would have been happy to give the McCanns the information but didn't want to upset the portuguese.... Who would have been very upset... And the statement was to apppease the Portuguese... Imo

Are the UK police usually happy to give people restricted information about an investigation?  I wasn't aware that they were.  Or doesn't it matter if it is a Portuguese investigation.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2019, 03:50:54 PM »
I think the UK police would have been happy to give the McCanns the information but didn't want to upset the portuguese.... Who would have been very upset... And the statement was to apppease the Portuguese... Imo

ROFL   (&^&
What's up, old man?

Offline barrier

« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2019, 04:27:13 PM »
I believe the situation was resolved as a result of Paiva's testimony at the libel trial in 2010 when he admitted to holding a dossier of more than 2,000 pages containing information on Madeleine's case which had not been properly investigated; this evidence was given to the McCann lawyer on request and it was McCann private detectives who had to play catch up with evidence held in Judicial Police archives since the case was officially shelved in 2008.

But just as intriguing is why on a thread especially requested to exemplify successful British police work we are yet again at groundhog full circle to denigrate the victims of botched Portuguese police work ... of which a prime example must be the files considered irrelevant to Madeleine's case mouldering away quietly in Paiva's office.

The worth of that information proved to be what?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2019, 04:40:53 PM »

Zilch - IMO

Funny that, all these alleged leads and not one has led to her recovery, so far.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 04:43:00 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2019, 04:49:30 PM »

Really? In my opinion you've got that completely wrong.

The UK authorities hired Portuguese lawyers to stop the Public Ministry from releasing certain information provided by them. They included;

"The Association of Chief Police Officers, The Chief Constable of Leicestershire, The Serious Organised Crime Agency, police and legal authorities in the United Kingdom and Crimestoppers"

What did they want to keep secret?

"A. Material relating to condemned and suspected sex offenders
B. Intelligence Reports
C. Crimestoppers (Crime Combating Unit)
D. Communication between Police Forces
E. Orientation of the NPIA"
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LAWYERS_UK_POLICE.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2019, 05:49:27 PM »

Well we wont ever know that will we?  Isn't it great that the expertise of Colin Sutton's team regarding the two CCTV films one of which hadn't been viewed is lauded while the same people ignore the dereliction of Paiva's team in following evidence and indeed excuse it?

If Madeleine had been one of the children in photographs described as being "shockingly similar to Madeleine" but which was never shown to Madeleine's parents ... do you really think that for the two years the photograph lay mouldering in Paiva's ignored dossier of evidence ... that child was going to still be there waiting for the McCann private detectives to find?  I think not.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2019, 05:54:53 PM »
Really? In my opinion you've got that completely wrong.

The UK authorities hired Portuguese lawyers to stop the Public Ministry from releasing certain information provided by them. They included;

"The Association of Chief Police Officers, The Chief Constable of Leicestershire, The Serious Organised Crime Agency, police and legal authorities in the United Kingdom and Crimestoppers"

What did they want to keep secret?

"A. Material relating to condemned and suspected sex offenders
B. Intelligence Reports
C. Crimestoppers (Crime Combating Unit)
D. Communication between Police Forces
E. Orientation of the NPIA"
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LAWYERS_UK_POLICE.htm

What is the context of your cite?  Has it anything to do with the McCann court action or is it all to do with ensuring that information was not released willy-nilly when the PJ files were released into the public domain?

Offline barrier

« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2019, 06:11:11 PM »
Well we wont ever know that will we?  Isn't it great that the expertise of Colin Sutton's team regarding the two CCTV films one of which hadn't been viewed is lauded while the same people ignore the dereliction of Paiva's team in following evidence and indeed excuse it?

If one of the films had been examined at the time then its likely that one of the victims would still be alive today,so whose lauding it?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2019, 06:16:45 PM »
So no need to take the piss out of me for writing about feet and inches, 'kay?  .

You are unaware then that British Imperial Measure was booted into touch from 1959 to 1963 and was thenceforth defined legally by its relationship to SI units ? The poor old ISY became, legally, 0.9144m,
an inch existed but in name only; as a unit of linear measurement its legal definition is 25.4mm. It has been thus for practically 60 years.
The only imperial names we elected to retain were pint and mile but they are both legally metric measures defined as 568ml and 1609.344m respectively. Which makes 30 mph rather interesting. The legal definition being.
h= time =3600x SI base unit.
m(ile)= linear measurement =1609.344 m; m = SI base unit.
30mph well work it out for yourself but legally it is derived from SI base units........ *%87
Love it.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2019, 06:21:06 PM »

Do you have a cite for this  ?

‘I believe the situation was resolved as a result of Paiva's testimony at the libel trial in 2010 when he admitted to holding a dossier of more than 2,000 pages containing information on Madeleine's case which had not been properly investigated’
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline barrier

« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2019, 06:35:46 PM »
Do you have a cite for this  ?

‘I believe the situation was resolved as a result of Paiva's testimony at the libel trial in 2010 when he admitted to holding a dossier of more than 2,000 pages containing information on Madeleine's case which had not been properly investigated’

Well in the McCann v Amaral in 2013 John reports Paiva had a bit more to say.
Paiva went to great lengths to explain that although the investigation was officially shelved it still continued and still does to this day.  Although he no longer works in the Portimão office, new information still comes in all the time as far as he is aware and is logged and cross checked and correlated.  He says that he himself continued to work on the case even after it was shelved.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2591.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2019, 06:36:10 PM »
What is the context of your cite?  Has it anything to do with the McCann court action or is it all to do with ensuring that information was not released willy-nilly when the PJ files were released into the public domain?

The context is that a member thought that UK authorities would have released the information the McCanns wanted if it hadn't been for those pesky Portuguese secrecy laws. The truth is that the UK authorities were more concerned with secrecy than the Portuguese were. That's why they refused the McCann's request. My cite demonstrates how the UK authorities took action to keep their information from being released with the Portuguese files.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2019, 06:37:28 PM »
You are unaware then that British Imperial Measure was booted into touch from 1959 to 1963 and was thenceforth defined legally by its relationship to SI units ? The poor old ISY became, legally, 0.9144m,
an inch existed but in name only; as a unit of linear measurement its legal definition is 25.4mm. It has been thus for practically 60 years.
The only imperial names we elected to retain were pint and mile but they are both legally metric measures defined as 568ml and 1609.344m respectively. Which makes 30 mph rather interesting. The legal definition being.
h= time =3600x SI base unit.
m(ile)= linear measurement =1609.344 m; m = SI base unit.
30mph well work it out for yourself but legally it is derived from SI base units........ *%87
Love it.

If you read newspapers you will see feet and inches is still used as a description of height....Ive just asked one of my younger sons how tall he is...he said about five ft two.....

roadworks are still expressed in yards...I can still buy a pint in the pub.....I could go onfor miles and miles

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2019, 06:40:07 PM »
The context is that a member thought that UK authorities would have released the information the McCanns wanted if it hadn't been for those pesky Portuguese secrecy laws. The truth is that the UK authorities were more concerned with secrecy than the Portuguese were. That's why they refused the McCann's request. My cite demonstrates how the UK authorities took action to keep their information from being released with the Portuguese files.

you are quoting your opinion nothing more....The UK police did not want certain things released...the names of sex offenders for one.....for obviouis reasons