Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47803 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2019, 09:49:59 AM »
Having presumably looked at and discarded the rest.  You think not following up 600 people of interest is a good reflection on the PJ?

Following 600 leads, the vast majority, if not all of which went nowhere could be seen as poor selection process by OG
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2019, 09:50:42 AM »
Having presumably looked at and discarded the rest.  You think not following up 600 people of interest is a good reflection on the PJ?

Who says they weren't followed up,Rowley certainly never did.
Read Paivas testimony in the McCann v Amaral  he said that .Q&A

O – When the files are shelved, is it normal to continue to process information?
RP says "yes". The police have to examine every piece of information in order to establish whether it is relevant or not.

SO – Was a work team constituted to process information?
RP says they were two officers for that job, both of them having knowledge about the case. The witness then alludes to the Scotland Yard review and says that the processed information was transmitted to the team that worked with SY.

So who says that information was not followed up?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2019, 09:51:42 AM »
Following 600 leads, the vast majority, if not all of which went nowhere could be seen as poor selection process by OG

Narrowed down to 4 from Luz,world wide mystery tour indeed!
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2019, 10:04:27 AM »
Or it can be seen as being diligent, thorough and leaving no stone unturned.  Do you prefer your police to just consign leads to the filing cabinet on the basis that “it’s probably nothing”?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2019, 10:05:29 AM »

Who says they weren't followed up,Rowley certainly never did.
Read Paivas testimony in the McCann v Amaral  he said that .Q&A

So who says that information was not followed up?
which leads me back to the question I asked yesterday.  How was a sighting in NZ, sent in by NZ cops followed up?  Over to you.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2019, 10:08:04 AM »
Or it can be seen as being diligent, thorough and leaving no stone unturned.  Do you prefer your police to just consign leads to the filing cabinet on the basis that “it’s probably nothing”?

I think the outcomes support the idea that it was nothing.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2019, 10:09:23 AM »

Narrowed down to 4 from Luz,world wide mystery tour indeed!
In your opinion were the Met wrong to follow up on these leads that seemed to have been left not properly investigated by the PJ?  Should the Met have said to themselves: the PJ cast an eye over these sightings, stamped them “not relevant” so let’s take their word for it and ignore them too”?  Would that have been “best practice “ in your view?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2019, 10:10:17 AM »
I think the outcomes support the idea that it was nothing.
Do you inderstand the concept of leaving no stone unturned, or do you think stones should be left to lie as they are as there’s probably nothing under them?

Offline barrier

« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2019, 10:12:36 AM »
In your opinion were the Met wrong to follow up on these leads that seemed to have been left not properly investigated by the PJ?  Should the Met have said to themselves: the PJ cast an eye over these sightings, stamped them “not relevant” so let’s take their word for it and ignore them too”?  Would that have been “best practice “ in your view?

Best practice would be not to get involved in something they have no jurisdiction over.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2019, 10:13:46 AM »
So on the one hand we have people seemingly in awe and admiration of the diligence and dogged determination of Colin Sutton to leave no stone unturned in his pursuit of justice, on the other we have nothing but sneering contempt for the Met in their attempt to do the same for Madeleine.  Of course Sutton got a lucky break, without it, perhaps his efforts would also be subject to criticism and contempt.

Offline barrier

« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2019, 10:15:27 AM »

40,000 documents OG started with,so once again what was not investigated by the PJ and on whose say so?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2019, 10:18:12 AM »

40,000 documents OG started with,so once again what was not investigated by the PJ and on whose say so?
On the say so of those in possession of the 40000 documents, unles it is your firm belief that the Met followed up leads already thoroughly investigated by the PJ and just invented 600 persons of interest?  Of course this is what the tin foil hat brigade belief, are you one of them?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2019, 10:26:12 AM »

The Met, we are told, did not look at the parents. The PJ, it is surmised by supporters, did not follow up a citing that proved not to be Madeleine. In a sane world what would have hampered the search for the truth more ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2019, 10:27:20 AM »
laughable.  Even Amaral concedes they did but you seem to think they were practically perfect.  Laughable.  Why aren’t you up in arms about the “lives lost” by the Met?

I think you'll find if you actually read my post that I said the PJ made mistakes.  My opinion about what those mistakes were probably differs from yours, the McCann's, Amaral's and the media's however. It is, after all, opinion rather than fact. None of the sightings, for example, has been shown to be significant as yet. No-one knows if the Estrada CCTV would have been useful or not. It all seems to consist of maybes.

The UK police, on the other hand, made a mistake which could have stopped a killer. As most police forces make mistakes why would anyone be 'up in arms' about that? Amelie Delagrange's parents very graciously acknowledged that people make mistakes, even tragic ones.

PS I don't think it was The Met who neglected to view that tape.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2019, 10:27:46 AM »
On the say so of those in possession of the 40000 documents, unles it is your firm belief that the Met followed up leads already thoroughly investigated by the PJ and just invented 600 persons of interest?  Of course this is what the tin foil hat brigade belief, are you one of them?

Seeing has OG haven't advanced past the stage of how did she leave 5a,its hard to argue against your summary.