Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47802 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #225 on: January 13, 2019, 10:28:50 AM »
There was a sighting of a couple with a young female child at 6am in Lagos Marina on the 4th May 2007.  This sighting was marked “not relevant to the investigation “ by Ricardo Paiva.  On what basis was it marked irrelevant?  What actual follow up did the PJ conduct?  Were the couple ever tracked down and interviewed?  These are the sorts of questions I would have had if I’d been leading Operation Grange.  Or should I just have said to myself “ nah, not worth the bother”?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #226 on: January 13, 2019, 10:30:18 AM »

Seeing has OG haven't advanced past the stage of how did she leave 5a,its hard to argue against your summary.
??? Oh for a tiny sliver of logical thinking on this thread. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:27:13 AM by Angelo222 »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #227 on: January 13, 2019, 10:31:43 AM »
The Met, we are told, did not look at the parents. The PJ, it is surmised by supporters, did not follow up a citing that proved not to be Madeleine. In a sane world what would have hampered the search for the truth more ?

Rowley did say that the Parents had been dealt with in the initial investigation, an endorsement of the PJ,what was in the rest of the files that OG could glean anything of worth to further it,zilch it would seem.Its why its where its at today.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #228 on: January 13, 2019, 10:32:52 AM »
I think you'll find if you actually read my post that I said the PJ made mistakes.  My opinion about what those mistakes were probably differs from yours, the McCann's, Amaral's and the media's however. It is, after all, opinion rather than fact. None of the sightings, for example, has been shown to be significant as yet. No-one knows if the Estrada CCTV would have been useful or not. It all seems to consist of maybes.

The UK police, on the other hand, made a mistake which could have stopped a killer. As most police forces make mistakes why would anyone be 'up in arms' about that? Amelie Delagrange's parents very graciously acknowledged that people make mistakes, even tragic ones.

PS I don't think it was The Met who neglected to view that tape.
”No one knows” does not cancel out the fact that no one did.  You seem to be saying that if all the leads and CCTV were followed up and proved to be nothing then that means the PJ didn’t make any mistakes?  How in any sane world does thst make sense?

Offline barrier

« Reply #229 on: January 13, 2019, 10:34:52 AM »
There was a sighting of a couple with a young female child at 6am in Lagos Marina on the 4th May 2007.  This sighting was marked “not relevant to the investigation “ by Ricardo Paiva.  On what basis was it marked irrelevant?  What actual follow up did the PJ conduct?  Were the couple ever tracked down and interviewed?  These are the sorts of questions I would have had if I’d been leading Operation Grange.  Or should I just have said to myself “ nah, not worth the bother”?

Perhaps the child bore no resemblance to Madeleine.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #230 on: January 13, 2019, 10:36:20 AM »
Rowley did say that the Parents had been dealt with in the initial investigation, an endorsement of the PJ,what was in the rest of the files that OG could glean anything of worth to further it,zilch it would seem.Its why its where its at today.

Yet Sutton says the investigation should have cleared the ground beneath their feet and that wasn’t done as the McCanns weren’t looked at. So who to believe ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2019, 10:48:02 AM »
So on the one hand we have people seemingly in awe and admiration of the diligence and dogged determination of Colin Sutton to leave no stone unturned in his pursuit of justice, on the other we have nothing but sneering contempt for the Met in their attempt to do the same for Madeleine.  Of course Sutton got a lucky break, without it, perhaps his efforts would also be subject to criticism and contempt.

The only sneering and contempt I have seen on this forum is that directed at the PJ, the Portuguese legal system and their judges. I have seen criticism of the Met but why not, if people think they got it wrong? No police force should begin an investigation with a restrictive remit on my opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #232 on: January 13, 2019, 10:58:06 AM »
The only sneering and contempt I have seen on this forum is that directed at the PJ, the Portuguese legal system and their judges. I have seen criticism of the Met but why not, if people think they got it wrong? No police force should begin an investigation with a restrictive remit on my opinion.

What was the remit for the investigation? Was it the same as the review ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #233 on: January 13, 2019, 10:58:37 AM »

Colin Sutton has also questioned the accuracy of the statements due to the way they were taken.... Why do you want to ignore that criticism

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #234 on: January 13, 2019, 11:03:29 AM »

Perhaps the child bore no resemblance to Madeleine.
According to whom?  Did the police find her?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #235 on: January 13, 2019, 11:04:38 AM »
Colin Sutton has also questioned the accuracy of the statements due to the way they were taken.... Why do you want to ignore that criticism

This is what Sutton is reported as saying.

‘Former Met detective chief inspector Collin Sutton has recently called for fresh interviews be undertaken with all the key British witnesses involved in the Madeleine McCann case.

Collin Sutton, "We’re talking about interviews given by the McCanns and friends through an interpreter, written down in Portuguese and then translated back into English so officers from Grange can read them. The room for error would be enormous.”

Madeleine McCann’s parents and ‘Tapas Seven’ have NEVER been formally interviewed as witnesses by Brit cops – as police hunt ‘person of significance’. Met detectives have been relying on Portuguese transcripts of formal interviews with key witnesses, including Maddie's parents.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4588686/madeleine-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-tapas-seven-never-quizzed-british-police/

Very sensible observations.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #236 on: January 13, 2019, 11:06:05 AM »

A s

Please provide a cite for Paiva marking this sighting 'not relevant'.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #237 on: January 13, 2019, 11:06:16 AM »
The Met, we are told, did not look at the parents. The PJ, it is surmised by supporters, did not follow up a citing that proved not to be Madeleine. In a sane world what would have hampered the search for the truth more ?
Unlike all the evidence that poured in to the PJ that Madeleine might be alive somewhere in the world the PJ thoroughly investigated the McCanns, they were easy meat, seeing as how they were there on the PJ’s doorstep offering themselves up for thorough investigation, no need to give serious consideration to any other suspects, these ones will do nicely, ta.

Offline jassi

« Reply #238 on: January 13, 2019, 11:07:38 AM »
Unlike all the evidence that poured in to the PJ that Madeleine might be alive somewhere in the world the PJ thoroughly investigated the McCanns, they were easy meat, seeing as how they were there on the PJ’s doorstep offering themselves up for thorough investigation, no need to give serious consideration to any other suspects, these ones will do nicely, ta.

In your opinion.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #239 on: January 13, 2019, 11:07:56 AM »
I wasn’t restricting my comment about sneering contempt to this forum, though there’s been plenty here too.  You really need to go to Specsavers IMO.