Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 163412 times)

stephen25000

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #570 on: August 26, 2015, 10:20:50 AM »
In other words you haven't got a clue who they are -  and it's just wishful thinking on your part.

Are you showing a guilty conscience ? 8**8:/:

stephen25000

« Reply #571 on: August 26, 2015, 10:40:19 AM »
Please explain why it is cowardly to report a suspected crime?

Whose job is it to investigate a crime ?

A suspected crime should be reported to the police to investigate.

This dossier was also passed to sky news and THEY LIED to Brenda Leyland and the public as well.

These mccann backers and the mccanns hold responsibility for what happened.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #572 on: August 26, 2015, 10:55:53 AM »

This dossier was also passed to sky news and THEY LIED to Brenda Leyland and the public as well.

Without getting into the whole Molinet causality argument "Par ung seul clou perd on ung bon cheval";

Brenda Leyland was quite literally the author of her own misfortune. 

stephen25000

« Reply #573 on: August 26, 2015, 10:58:29 AM »
Without getting into the whole Molinet causality argument "Par ung seul clou perd on ung bon cheval";

Brenda Leyland was quite literally the author of her own misfortune. 

By that logic JP, so were the mccanns.

Tell me this, how would like your name, photos, address, etc., plastered all over the media, whilst the plasterers maintain their anonymity ?

Offline Benice

« Reply #574 on: August 26, 2015, 11:07:51 AM »
Are you showing a guilty conscience ? 8**8:/:

LOL - I rest my case re your 'wishful thinking' on who the dossier compilers are.

Where is your proof that it is now known who they are?

IMO -  the chances of the identities of the dossier compilers being known - are about as good as the chances of you giving a straight answer to my question above.

IOW NIL

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #575 on: August 26, 2015, 11:12:20 AM »

Why is it cowardly to pass information of a suspected crime to the media?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #576 on: August 26, 2015, 11:14:18 AM »
By that logic JP, so were the mccanns.

Tell me this, how would like your name, photos, address, etc., plastered all over the media, whilst the plasterers maintain their anonymity ?

Brenda Leyland obsessively posted about a pair of grieving parents, while hiding rather ineffectually under her pseudonym "sweepyface" - so was a brave keyboard warrior who could not cope with being unmasked.  Its as simple as that.

Personally, I have a rule never to write anything to or about anyone that I would not say to their face.

stephen25000

« Reply #577 on: August 26, 2015, 11:21:12 AM »

Brenda Leyland obsessively posted about a pair of grieving parents, while hiding rather ineffectually under her pseudonym "sweepyface" - so was a brave keyboard warrior who could not cope with being unmasked.  Its as simple as that.

Personally, I have a rule never to write anything to or about anyone that I would not say to their face.

The second paragraph i agree with.

As to the first. The mccanns repeatedly and unnecessarily placed their children in danger.

The dossier compilers and the mccanns had no need to give the dossier to sky news, just the police.

The mccanns thought by 'exposing' so called 'trolls' they would gain sympathy.

They were wrong and Brenda Leyland who clearly had problems paid the price.

As to brunt and sky, they deserve no more than utter and pure contempt.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:30:54 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Benice

« Reply #578 on: August 26, 2015, 12:06:37 PM »

As to the first. The mccanns repeatedly and unnecessarily placed their children in danger. NEEDLESSLY.

The dossier compilers and the mccanns had no need to give the dossier to sky news, just the police.

Maybe you should remember to put ''IMO'' after some of your accusations and not present them as facts.   Your post above is  libellous IMO.

As far as we know the McCanns were sent a copy of the dossier, which they handed to the police - and that was their only involvement with it.     If you can prove that they handed it to Skye - then produce your evidence. 

It is also only your opinion that Martin Brunt and Skye should also be blamed for BL's decision to take her own life (that is what you are saying isn't it?).   The Coroner disagreed with you and found that no-one was guilty of any wrongdoing.

Are you now also claiming to know better than the Coroner - as well as SY and the Oporto team?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

stephen25000

« Reply #579 on: August 26, 2015, 12:23:44 PM »
Maybe you should remember to put ''IMO'' after some of your accusations and not present them as facts.   Your post above is  libellous IMO.

As far as we know the McCanns were sent a copy of the dossier, which they handed to the police - and that was their only involvement with it.     If you can prove that they handed it to Skye - then produce your evidence. 

It is also only your opinion that Martin Brunt and Skye should also be blamed for BL's decision to take her own life (that is what you are saying isn't it?).   The Coroner disagreed with you and found that no-one was guilty of any wrongdoing.

Are you now also claiming to know better than the Coroner - as well as SY and the Oporto team?

IYO libellous. ?

The only place the 'dossier' should have gone to is the police and you know it.

Defending the indefensible.

That is all you do.

Tell me have you reported my post to the mods 8**8:/:

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #580 on: August 26, 2015, 12:24:52 PM »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

« Reply #581 on: August 26, 2015, 12:31:36 PM »

Ditto many other people in PdL that night. Yet the trolls only attack the parents.

Offline misty

« Reply #582 on: August 26, 2015, 12:35:38 PM »

As to the first. The mccanns repeatedly and unnecessarily placed their children in danger.

IYO would BL have taken the same course of action had the police, rather than Martin Brunt, turned up on her doorstep to take a statement?

Offline Anna

« Reply #583 on: August 26, 2015, 12:42:43 PM »

marks Allvoices

BY NIGEL MOORE
Jul 09, 2013 at 6:11 PM PDT [Jul 10, 2013 at 02:11 AM BST]
Excerpt:

Last week, as part of Scotland Yard's decision to update the public on the progress of their 'investigative review' into the Madeleine McCann case, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood stated: "Neither her parents or any of the member (sic) of the group that were with her are either persons of interest or suspects."

There will be many who will be greatly surprised at those words. Not least the Assistant Chief Constable of Leicestershire Police, who stated in July 2008 that "While one or both of them [the McCanns] may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine's disappearance." At that time the McCanns were attempting to gain access to all the documents held by Leicester Police regarding the disappearance of their daughter. The request was denied.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id447.html
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Benice

« Reply #584 on: August 26, 2015, 12:45:20 PM »
IYO libellous. ?

The only place the 'dossier' should have gone to is the police and you know it.

Defending the indefensible.

That is all you do.

Tell me have you reported my post to the mods 8**8:/:

So IOW you have no proof that the McCanns handed the dossier to SKYE - which is what you claimed in your attempt to implicate them in  BL's suicide.     

Any accusations apart from - 'they passed the dossier onto the police' are  libellous IMO

No I haven't reported your post to the Mods.   I thought I would first give you the opportunity to provide evidence of  the McCanns involvement in BL's demise.

So where is it?

As for 'defending the indefensible' - you really don't do 'irony' do you Stephen.