Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 163384 times)

stephen25000

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #645 on: August 26, 2015, 05:35:58 PM »
Are you now claiming that ''unabashed  McCann supporters''  cannot be members of the public?   That makes no sense.    What about 'unabashed Amaral supporters' - are they not members of the public either?

Are you also under the impression that there was only one copy of the dossier?   Surely not - as that makes no sense either.

It's so easy to be a sceptic when anything at all which doesn't suit you is blythely dismissed as a lie.   Where is your proof that the press lied on this occasion?   And why would they anyway?

The mccann supporters compiling the dossier were and remain biased.

FACT.

stephen25000

« Reply #646 on: August 26, 2015, 05:37:17 PM »
There is something particularly reprehensible about anonymous baiting of people whose names are in the news for good or ill using the internet as the weapon of choice.

There is no doubt that their activities are cowardly. 
It is hardly surprising that on the occasions when their actions have become so reprehensible that they appear before the courts, almost without exception it is put forward in mitigation that they are not responsible due to mental deficiency of one kind or another.

The ease with which you sidestep condemnation of the perpetrators of the crime against Madeleine McCann is less than edifying.

Have any charges been made from those on the dossier ?

Offline Benice

« Reply #647 on: August 26, 2015, 05:48:08 PM »
I'm ignoring nothing.

The mccanns were handed the dossier by mccann supporters.

So what?  Surely you are not proposing that there was only one copy of the dossier?   

And how does that prove the McCanns handed a copy of it to SKY?   It simply doesn't.  Full stop.   

Unless you can provide evidence to prove they did - then you should withdraw your libellous comment IMO.

Is there any news of the dossier that was being prepared by anonymous sceptics of the evil tweets by supporters that was going to be handed to the police?    A simple yes or no will do.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #648 on: August 26, 2015, 06:48:20 PM »
I'm ignoring nothing.

The mccanns were handed the dossier by mccann supporters.
Why are the dossier compilers cowards?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #649 on: August 26, 2015, 07:02:04 PM »
Several weeks elapsed between the dossier being handed in and the police announcing that they would be taking no action.  What were they doing in the intervening period? 

PS: I love your replies, they are very amusing. @)(++(*

What were they doing in the intervening period?

Well, proably, and don't quote me on this, investigating real crimes, Theft, road accidents, serious fraud, sexual crimes,late night drinking crimes. OR  they all got together in a little green boat and talked endlessly about the McCann case... sending 37 detectives to seek out the trolling truth and BL's criminal behaviour... BUT, knowing a wee bit about police matters, they probably dismissed it out of hand...THEN questions were asked why didn't they do something AND THEN the reply was ..because BL has not committed a crime.. Hmm yes that would be it.

In the bigger picture were it told... It is all relative: McCanns> negligent> child missing>police case> people concerned at parents lack of child care> discussed on social media> supporters hand dossier> sky news torment and lie to BL> BL death... hmm yeah it works going back the way too. So lets look at the summary. If Maddie was cared for properly and didn't disappear BL would not have had anything to comment on!

I wonder if these dossier compilers were from the same stable as those who contacted the royal family via there web site to announce Maddies disappearance.. around the same time the Prime Minister, and pope were roped into this phenomenon. not forgetting every celebrity they could muster!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

stephen25000

« Reply #650 on: August 26, 2015, 07:14:45 PM »
A brief recap.

The dossier was compiled by mccann supporters.

The mccanns supporters passed the dossier to the mccanns.

After which both the Police and Sky News received copies.

Brenda Leyland was chosen as a target, easily accessible,as she didn't really hide her identity.

She was exposed on a faulty pretext that she was being investigated. The exposure in the national media, left her unable to cope and she committed suicide, after which brunt disappeared from public view for a couple of months.

I stated she was chosen as an easy target in order to gain sympathy for the mccanns and that drastically misfired.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:10:44 AM by Angelo222 »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #651 on: August 26, 2015, 07:16:55 PM »
What were they doing in the intervening period?

Well, proably, and don't quote me on this, investigating real crimes, Theft, road accidents, serious fraud, sexual crimes,late night drinking crimes. OR  they all got together in a little green boat and talked endlessly about the McCann case... sending 37 detectives to seek out the trolling truth and BL's criminal behaviour... BUT, knowing a wee bit about police matters, they probably dismissed it out of hand...THEN questions were asked why didn't they do something AND THEN the reply was ..because BL has not committed a crime.. Hmm yes that would be it.

In the bigger picture were it told... It is all relative: McCanns> negligent> child missing>police case> people concerned at parents lack of child care> discussed on social media> supporters hand dossier> sky news torment and lie to BL> BL death... hmm yeah it works going back the way too. So lets look at the summary. If Maddie was cared for properly and didn't disappear BL would not have had anything to comment on!

I wonder if these dossier compilers were from the same stable as those who contacted the royal family via there web site to announce Maddies disappearance.. around the same time the Prime Minister, and pope were roped into this phenomenon. not forgetting every celebrity they could muster!
@)(++(*  In other words you haven't a clue (although you seem to be claiming insider knowledge...  &%+((£ )  You seem to revel in the belief that British citizens can report what they believe to be a crime to the police and the police either ignore it, or sit around for weeks laughing at the person who reported it and then file it in the bin.  I like to think they are a little bit more professional than that, but then what do I know?  You're the one with the inside track on the coppers!

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #652 on: August 26, 2015, 07:21:59 PM »

A brief recap.

The dossier was compiled by mccann supporters.

The mccanns supporters passed the dossier to the mccanns.

After which both the Police and Sky News received copies.

Brenda Leyland was chosen as a target, easily accessible,as she didn't really hide her identity.

She was exposed on a faulty pretext that she was being investigated. The exposure in the national media, left her unable to cope and she committed suicide, after which brunt disappeared from public view for a couple of months.

I stated she was chosen as an easy target in order to gain sympathy for the mccanns and that drastically misfired.

If you don't want to be "misinterpreted" then try following normal forum courtesy and backup your argument with appropriate cites.

You seem to be totally incapable of doing so.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:25:43 AM by Eleanor »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #653 on: August 26, 2015, 07:32:54 PM »
@)(++(*  In other words you haven't a clue (although you seem to be claiming insider knowledge...  &%+((£ )  You seem to revel in the belief that British citizens can report what they believe to be a crime to the police and the police either ignore it, or sit around for weeks laughing at the person who reported it and then file it in the bin.  I like to think they are a little bit more professional than that, but then what do I know?  You're the one with the inside track on the coppers!

I don't do revelling- I leave that to supporters who enjoyed BL being outed and her demise. I never said police ignore it- I said they make a judgement what is a criminal offence and what isn't. They decided this wasn't OK.

Insider knowledge?. Good grief no. It is public knowledge that the police only investigate reported crimes- some are dismissed as NOT BEING POLICE MATTERS.  eg

999 hello ,hello,  help me please.

Hello, which service do you require?

Hello,  My neighbour keeps putting their rubbish in my wheelie bin please send the police to speak to them"

This is not an emergency please contact your local authority in the morning.

999 hello can I have a fire engine please
 Hello caller  do you wish to report a fire?
No, My sons kite is stuck up a neighbours tree and he won't let us get access- he got this for his 7th birthday...

This is for fire emergencies only caller..

Hmm jeebus Alfie- instant decisions based on information given  happens all the time. Infact you can ask for a FOI on trivial calls to emergency services in any authority's Police services go to schools to educate people on what is emergency/criminal/civil laws.  It must be they don't like you much to not tell you these things...lol
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

stephen25000

« Reply #654 on: August 26, 2015, 07:34:30 PM »
If you don't want to be "misinterpreted" then try following normal forum courtesy and backup your argument with appropriate cites.

You seem to be totally incapable of doing so.

I did.

However, you are so blindsided by support for the mccanns, for one of two options , you only feel sympathy for the mccanns.

You know as well as everyone else, Brenda was thought to be an easy target.

She was.

She ended her life in ignominy, in a hotel where she committed suicide.

As to Sky and brunt, pure s..m. 

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #655 on: August 26, 2015, 08:04:39 PM »
I did.

However, you are so blindsided by support for the mccanns, for one of two options , you only feel sympathy for the mccanns.

You know as well as everyone else, Brenda was thought to be an easy target.

She was.

She ended her life in ignominy, in a hotel where she committed suicide.

As to Sky and brunt, pure s..m.
Where?  You keep citing hogan howe - but have failed to back up your claim that the mccanns gave the dossier to Scotland yard. 

You really will have to do better.

stephen25000

« Reply #656 on: August 26, 2015, 08:08:02 PM »
Where?  You keep citing hogan howe - but have failed to back up your claim that the mccanns gave the dossier to Scotland yard. 

You really will have to do better.

No, I don't need to do any better.

It's the truth.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #657 on: August 26, 2015, 08:18:33 PM »
No, I don't need to do any better.

It's the truth.

You reference hogan Howe but do not provide any link.  Why not?

stephen25000

« Reply #658 on: August 26, 2015, 08:33:47 PM »
You reference hogan Howe but do not provide any link.  Why not?

That comment says everything.

Merely because the BBC have removed that program link, does not mean he did not say it.

It was on this forum several months ago before it disappeared from the ether.

Are you saying BHH lied ?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #659 on: August 26, 2015, 08:41:44 PM »
That comment says everything.

Merely because the BBC have removed that program link, does not mean he did not say it.

It was on this forum several months ago before it disappeared from the ether.

Are you saying BHH lied ?

I have no idea.  You are basing your argument and your accusation of the mccanns on something that does not actually exist.   

Come back when you have found a cite.