Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 162734 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2015, 06:57:11 PM »
It might be a fair question, but it's not the right question: Why have there been no prosecutions?
Because the McCanns have obviously not involved the police in the manner that Lee Rigby's parents obviously did. 

I'll ask this again as it's relevant I think - the Daily Mail has proclaimed that Spivey is a troll - what do McCann "sceptics" think about this, and about him and his activities?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2015, 07:01:58 PM »
Because the McCanns have obviously not involved the police in the manner that Lee Rigby's parents obviously did. 

I'll ask this again as it's relevant I think - the Daily Mail has proclaimed that Spivey is a troll - what do McCann "sceptics" think about this, and about him and his activities?

Who or what is Spivey?
If the Mail is saying uncomplimentary things about him/it then he/it must be a bit left wing.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Lyall

« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2015, 07:02:23 PM »

I'll not be lighting candles for him. He's a Wum, and probably laughs his socks off when his followers take his stuff seriously.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 07:04:51 PM by Lyall »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2015, 07:04:23 PM »
Who or what is Spivey?
If the Mail is saying uncomplimentary things about him/it then he/it must be a bit left wing.
Really?  Thanks for sharing.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2015, 07:07:18 PM »
I'll not be lighting candles for him. He's a Wum, and probably laughs his socks off when his followers take his stuff seriously.
No, he really means it man, just like the nutters who really believe the crap that gets trotted out about the McCanns vis-à-vis murder, paedo rings, Cliff Richard, sex toys, Masons, fridges, government cover ups, blah blah blah.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2015, 07:16:58 PM »

You may not be holding a light for him but apparently there are those who do.

For one I can't quite get my head around the undisguised hatred these people direct towards the Drs McCann who are damned whatever they do and damned whatever they don't do; but are apologists for any passing sociopaths whatever they have said or done as long as they are on record as sharing their views on the parents of a missing child.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Lyall

« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2015, 07:17:53 PM »
No, he really means it man, just like the nutters who really believe the crap that gets trotted out about the McCanns vis-à-vis murder, paedo rings, Cliff Richard, sex toys, Masons, fridges, government cover ups, blah blah blah.

Maybe, but you're always going to get people who'll believe anything. It would be nice if they kept themselves in one place - like Icke's forum - but they spread everywhere looking for leaders (leaders like Spivey unfortunately).

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2015, 07:21:07 PM »
Maybe, but you're always going to get people who'll believe anything. It would be nice if they kept themselves in one place - like Icke's forum - but they spread everywhere looking for leaders (leaders like Spivey unfortunately).
Poor Spivey.  He was "only asking questions" wasn't he?

Lyall

« Reply #308 on: July 31, 2015, 07:29:32 PM »
Poor Spivey.  He was "only asking questions" wasn't he?

He's answering them at the moment ?{)(**

Lyall

« Reply #309 on: July 31, 2015, 07:30:38 PM »
You may not be holding a light for him but apparently there are those who do.

For one I can't quite get my head around the undisguised hatred these people direct towards the Drs McCann who are damned whatever they do and damned whatever they don't do; but are apologists for any passing sociopaths whatever they have said or done as long as they are on record as sharing their views on the parents of a missing child.

What do you read it all for? I'm certain the McCanns don't. Why read it?

Offline Carana

« Reply #310 on: July 31, 2015, 07:35:48 PM »

From what I can gather, the general idea is that free speech rules in the name of "democracy". If you were to claim that someone is a paedophile, when actually your literacy skills didn't extend to realising that that a paediatrician is actually a children's doctor... then that's still free speech. If some nutjobs decide to take vigilante action and firebomb and kill the doctor's family, then the fault is on those who assumed that the spoutings of the "truthseeker researcher" were accurate.

Numerous murders have been started by such people who appeal to the outraged but barely literate willing to take "action" in the name of "truth" and "justice".

We're supposed to be in an enlightened age... but sometimes it seems as if we're back to the middle ages.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #311 on: July 31, 2015, 07:36:36 PM »
How many books did he sell?  What audience figures did his TV appearances and documentary achieve?

In English? None.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #312 on: July 31, 2015, 07:41:43 PM »

Ahem. There was a dossier, or a file if you take sir Bernard Hogan-Howe's term. Given to the Met by 'the family' he said. It didn't appear to contain anything illegal though.....
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #313 on: July 31, 2015, 07:44:35 PM »
What do you read it all for? I'm certain the McCanns don't. Why read it?

I don't. 
(a)  he is far too foul mouthed for me and ...   
(b)  what he writes is utter balderdash 
However, it appears that the balderdash he writes has led him to a criminal court and all under his own steam.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #314 on: July 31, 2015, 07:46:29 PM »
In English? None.
You didn"t specify "in English" in your previous post - why the goalpost shift?