Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 162755 times)

Offline Carew

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #390 on: August 01, 2015, 09:44:59 PM »
Can we go on saying that this is wrong?

You mean,  like a "stucky and the stuck- record mantra ? " 

That sort of thing?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #391 on: August 01, 2015, 09:49:05 PM »

That sort of thing?

t is wrong, from whichever side you are coming.

stephen25000

« Reply #392 on: August 01, 2015, 10:01:31 PM »

That sort of thing?

Me thinks that sounds familiar.  8)--))

Then they are none so blind as those who use a mantra themselves and won't admit it. 8(0(*

Lyall

« Reply #393 on: August 01, 2015, 10:03:45 PM »
t is wrong, from whichever side you are coming.

Of course. Goes with saying. Even the fanatics wouldn't dream of doing anything so stupid.

Offline sadie

« Reply #394 on: August 01, 2015, 10:20:42 PM »

That sort of thing?
Are we talking about the words that Angelo used to describe stephen?

Offline Carew

« Reply #395 on: August 01, 2015, 10:24:59 PM »

...........and which no one else has ever trotted out since, of course!

Did you report it and complain, Sadie?

stephen25000

« Reply #396 on: August 01, 2015, 10:35:03 PM »

Don't worry sadie.

Angelo I believe, has see the light as regards evidence of abduction. 8**8:/:

Then of course I have seen that reference elsewhere by mccann supporters.

The irony being of course, they are ''stucky" in the abduction. 8(0(*

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #397 on: August 02, 2015, 12:32:13 AM »
Bennett and his cohorts post leaflets to the McCann's  neighbours detailing alleged crimes perpetratated by the McCanns. Are you really telling us that the police wouldn't see this as harassment ?
I don't know - you'd have to ask them that question.  I think it is, I also think a lot of what goes on on the internet could be construed as harassment.  Spivey didn't leaflet Lee Rigby's neighbourhood did he?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #398 on: August 02, 2015, 12:33:35 AM »
If we were all rounded up and sent to the gulag there would still be discussion of the case online, and they would still be libelled. Discussion is inevitable in a case of this nature, considering the evidence in the public domain (or lack of it). And so is libel.

But discussion is not physical harassment, and Spivey has just been convicted for harassment? So it clearly was more serious.
Why was it?  Are you claiming that details of his crimes have been withheld from the media, and only the less serious stuff published?  That sounds like a conspiracy in itself!

Offline sadie

« Reply #399 on: August 02, 2015, 12:34:22 AM »
...........and which no one else has ever trotted out since, of course!

Did you report it and complain, Sadie?

No because it was a perfect description then.

I am pleased to say, stephen has improved greatly since then and now participates,
.... altho he is still stuck in a rut in a number of ways.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #400 on: August 02, 2015, 12:44:02 AM »
If we were all rounded up and sent to the gulag there would still be discussion of the case online, and they would still be libelled. Discussion is inevitable in a case of this nature, considering the evidence in the public domain (or lack of it). And so is libel.

But discussion is not physical harassment, and Spivey has just been convicted for harassment? So it clearly was more serious.
PS: it really is very tedious of you to write off an 8 year long orchestrated pressure group campaign against the McCanns as mere "discussion".  Pull the other one, it goes ding-a-ling-a-ling.

Lyall

« Reply #401 on: August 02, 2015, 02:00:24 AM »
Why was it?  Are you claiming that details of his crimes have been withheld from the media, and only the less serious stuff published?  That sounds like a conspiracy in itself!

Nope. Just saying we don't know everything that was said in the courtroom, which is evidently true. You can't know all the evidence that was heard from the brief media reports.

Lyall

« Reply #402 on: August 02, 2015, 02:10:10 AM »
PS: it really is very tedious of you to write off an 8 year long orchestrated pressure group campaign against the McCanns as mere "discussion".  Pull the other one, it goes ding-a-ling-a-ling.

If you want to discuss seriously you need to lose the emotion.

It's more tedious for you to continually claim there has been harassment because if you look at comparable cases in other countries you'll see what harassment really means. Nothing similar happened in this case in this country. Fact.

I'm glad it didn't. And so should you be.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #403 on: August 02, 2015, 10:43:34 AM »
Nope. Just saying we don't know everything that was said in the courtroom, which is evidently true. You can't know all the evidence that was heard from the brief media reports.
I am 100% certain that the worst aspects of Spivey's harrassment have been reported in the papers.  I can think of no reason why, if he had physically harrassed them, this information would have been witheld or overlooked by the media.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #404 on: August 02, 2015, 10:45:42 AM »
If you want to discuss seriously you need to lose the emotion.

It's more tedious for you to continually claim there has been harassment because if you look at comparable cases in other countries you'll see what harassment really means. Nothing similar happened in this case in this country. Fact.

I'm glad it didn't. And so should you be.
If Spivey is guilty of harrassment then there is no question whatsoever that the McCanns and their family have also been victims of similar harrassment.  No question at all.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:48:00 AM by Alfred R Jones »