Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 162755 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #450 on: August 16, 2015, 03:24:33 PM »
Some of Brenda Leyland's comments were beyond the pale as were some of the tw*ts allegedly from urcrazy.
So how much are you prepared to wriggle and squirm to avoid outright condemnation of both ?

"When you're a Jet you're Jet all the way from your first cigarette to your last dyin' day" ?
Just as soon as Faithlilly has provided the information I have asked her for - who was being abused and what the libel consisted of such as unfounded accusations of criminal activity, also the threats made to livelihoods by involving employers, etc.  In the meantime if you read back you will see that I have already acknowledged that URC's tweets were abusive and foul, will that do ya for now, big boy? 8**8:/:

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #451 on: August 16, 2015, 03:27:43 PM »
Haven't read them, I'm afraid and if they're the same I don't want to. What is the point of tweets like that? They add nothing whatsoever to the debate..
I agree totally.  However the person who has seen fit to reproduce reams of URCrazy tweets as if they're somehow typical of a McCann supporter's modus operandi is also a staunch defender of Brenda Leyland who was equally abusive on twitter and more threatening IMO, which is somewhat hypocritical behaviour -  defending one tweeter, but tut-tutting over t'other, wouldn't you say??

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #452 on: August 16, 2015, 03:50:49 PM »
I have always said there's nutters on both sides. i avoid both, as I've no interest in trading insults with anyone.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #453 on: August 16, 2015, 04:00:56 PM »
An interesting, some might say provocative, exchange on twitter,  a random exchange but fairly typical of the kind of abuse that gets doled out, and this exchange wasn't even provoked by those being insulted and wished ill!

Mike Spudgun ‏@spudgun01  · 2 Jan 2013 
I see premiere #McCanns CULT terrorist @greenink211 has been missing since October! Who knows, what with all these ABUSE arrests :)

Weiss ‏@w_nicht  · 2 Jan 2013 
@spudgun01 Now, there is a thought :)

Denise Thomson
‏@Syn0nymph   @w_nicht @spudgun01 Funnily enough @urcrazytoo has also been missing since Oct...

Mike Spudgun ‏@spudgun01  · 2 Jan 2013 
@Syn0nymph @w_nicht @urcrazytoo Illness??? Nothing TRIVIAL, I hope :)

Denise Thomson ‏@Syn0nymph  · 2 Jan 2013 
@spudgun01 @w_nicht @urcrazytoo Can't think of a nicer guy to have necrotising fasciitis :D

"Spudgun" Mike Hardy is a well known "sceptic" blogger who once claimed on his Facebook page that he'd enjoy watching a gorilla (that he's closely acquainted with) anally raping UR Crazy, and who also threatened to snap the neck of "Greenink", the other McCann supporter he mentions above. 

Internet Troll, or thoroughly decent chap? You decide! 

We could of course go on like this all day - I'll see your Spudgun and raise you an Alifab, or whatever....  @)(++(*

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #454 on: August 16, 2015, 04:22:21 PM »
Just as soon as Faithlilly has provided the information I have asked her for - who was being abused and what the libel consisted of such as unfounded accusations of criminal activity, also the threats made to livelihoods by involving employers, etc.  In the meantime if you read back you will see that I have already acknowledged that URC's tweets were abusive and foul, will that do ya for now, big boy? 8**8:/:

Ah! still the wriggling and the caveats.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #455 on: August 16, 2015, 04:23:15 PM »
Ah! still the wriggling and the caveats.
And still the ad homs, disguised as "respect for right conduct".

Offline Brietta

« Reply #456 on: August 19, 2015, 04:23:28 PM »
Don't know why Mumsnet have been targeted by by this idiot, but he seems to have it down to a fine art. 

Not content with  ~ On 11 August, Mumsnet was the target of an online attack – a denial of service (DDoS) attack – and was forced offline by hackers. ~ s\he managed to have a Swat team sent to a family home in the middle of the night.

Trolls Sent Armed Police To Women’s Homes After Attacking Parenting Site Mumsnet
Why has a blog about parenting become the target for online harassers?

posted on Aug. 19, 2015, at 1:27 p.m.

Rossalyn Warren
BuzzFeed News Reporter

Justine Roberts, the founder of Mumsnet – the UK’s largest forum for parents – says armed police were called to her home following a hoax call made by an online troll.

Officers were also sent to the home of a second Mumsnet user after a call was made claiming a gunman had been spotted near their properties.

The hoax call was a “swat attack”, in which police storm the victim’s home following a false claim of a crime taking place in or nearby the property.
Swat attacks, which are more commonly seen in the US, and are often done to intimidate and threaten intended victims.
The Metropolitan police have yet to comment on the hoax calls.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarren/trolls-sent-armed-police-to-womens-homes-after-attacking-a-p
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #457 on: August 19, 2015, 04:52:23 PM »
Has Chris Spivey been sentenced yet?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #458 on: August 19, 2015, 05:37:07 PM »
And still the ad homs, disguised as "respect for right conduct".

I would prefer that but am in a minority of one it would seem so I am content to play by the ground rules laid down by others.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #459 on: August 19, 2015, 05:44:12 PM »
I would prefer that but am in a minority of one it would seem so I am content to play by the ground rules laid down by others.
What a sheep.  YWouldn't it be better to be true to yourself and your own rules of conduct, thereby maintaining the moral high ground at all times and the right to look down on us trolls and vagabonds from your lofty perch rather than scrabbling around in the dirt with us all? *&*%£

Offline Anna

« Reply #460 on: August 19, 2015, 06:01:47 PM »
Don't know why Mumsnet have been targeted by by this idiot, but he seems to have it down to a fine art. 

Not content with  ~ On 11 August, Mumsnet was the target of an online attack – a denial of service (DDoS) attack – and was forced offline by hackers. ~ s\he managed to have a Swat team sent to a family home in the middle of the night.

Trolls Sent Armed Police To Women’s Homes After Attacking Parenting Site Mumsnet

Rossalyn Warren
BuzzFeed News Reporter

Justine Roberts, the founder of Mumsnet – the UK’s largest forum for parents – says armed police were called to her home following a hoax call made by an online troll.

Officers were also sent to the home of a second Mumsnet user after a call was made claiming a gunman had been spotted near their properties.

The hoax call was a “swat attack”, in which police storm the victim’s home following a false claim of a crime taking place in or nearby the property.
Swat attacks, which are more commonly seen in the US, and are often done to intimidate and threaten intended victims.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarren/trolls-sent-armed-police-to-womens-homes-after-attacking-a-p

How dreadful is that? Is it even safe to be on the internet, nowadays?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Lyall

« Reply #461 on: August 19, 2015, 06:43:14 PM »
Has Chris Spivey been sentenced yet?
Nope. Next Thursday, the newspapers said.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #462 on: August 19, 2015, 06:49:55 PM »
Nope. Next Thursday, the newspapers said.
Thank you.

Offline misty

« Reply #463 on: August 19, 2015, 08:41:00 PM »

Rossalyn Warren
BuzzFeed News Reporter

Oddly. 11th August is the same date on which one Mr Birch also withdrew from the fray due to "threats on his life". (I thought he'd been Carter-Rucked after all the recent shenanigans on his site)
Something is going down, as they say.

Digging for Madeleine McCann

August 11 at 12:48pm ·

Given the recent threats on my life, I have no option but to withdraw from the Madeleine McCann case. I will now focus my efforts on my property company. I'd like to thank all those people who supported my campaign to get the Murat driveway dug up. I wish you all well. I am sure justice will prevail in the future and the truth will be revealed. Yours sincerely Stephen D. Birch

Online Eleanor

« Reply #464 on: August 19, 2015, 08:50:07 PM »

Oddly. 11th August is the same date on which one Mr Birch also withdrew from the fray due to "threats on his life". (I thought he'd been Carter-Rucked after all the recent shenanigans on his site)
Something is going down, as they say.

Digging for Madeleine McCann

August 11 at 12:48pm ·

Given the recent threats on my life, I have no option but to withdraw from the Madeleine McCann case. I will now focus my efforts on my property company. I'd like to thank all those people who supported my campaign to get the Murat driveway dug up. I wish you all well. I am sure justice will prevail in the future and the truth will be revealed. Yours sincerely Stephen D. Birch

I don't believe it.  What a cop out.  Of a case entirely centred in Portugal and Britain someone in South Africa is threatening his life?  Or would that be several people?

Carter Ruck more like.