Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 162733 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #630 on: August 26, 2015, 04:00:00 PM »
Stephen has called the dossier compilers cowards for handing the dossier to Sky News, but has also claimed the McCanns handed it over - so which is it to be Stephen?  The 'cowardly' dossier compilers or the dastardly McCanns?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #631 on: August 26, 2015, 04:05:49 PM »
This is no laughing matter.

Brenda Leyland died.

The mccanns handed the dossier to the Police, FACT.

BHH said so.

Are you calling him a liar ?

So if it wasn't the mccanns giving the dossier to SKY, who was it.

It was given them by the compilers.

The more you deny the truth, the more contemptuous your behaviour becomes.

and if you seriously think attacking me is going to work, you are sadly mistaken.

You have really no idea why Brenda Leyland died ... all we really know about her are her internet activities which did her no credit ... and the fact that she had attempted suicide before.

That her immediate family wish to disassociate themselves is patently obvious ... I for one regret that constant raising of her name in the context of her internet trolling on the Drs McCann doesn't respect their privacy.
Obviously you have no regard for that.

The unwelcome link she had forged with Madeleine McCann's parents and her apparent obsession with them was a link which was entirely one sided and one which it was within her power to sever at any time over the years.

Unfortunately the McCann family are given no choice to sever connection to people who are prepared to stalk them both on-line and as in the case of some, in person.

Brenda Leyland lived fifteen miles from Rothley ... close enough for discomfort.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #632 on: August 26, 2015, 04:06:01 PM »
Stephen has called the dossier compilers cowards for handing the dossier to Sky News, but has also claimed the McCanns handed it over - so which is it to be Stephen?  The 'cowardly' dossier compilers or the dastardly McCanns?

Dossier Compilers --------Mccanns-------------Police and Sky

anmd the papers said the dossier compilers gave them to the police. LIE.

It was the mccanns.  Thanks to the truth given by BHH.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:07:18 PM by Eleanor »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #633 on: August 26, 2015, 04:08:12 PM »
Dossier Compilers --------Mccanns-------------Police and Sky

anmd the papers said the dossier compilers gave them to the police. LIE.

It was the mccanns.  Thanks to the truth given by BHH.

Perhaps you could clarify again what it is you're saying as it's not clear from above.  You said the dossier compilers were cowards for what reason...?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:37:04 PM by Eleanor »

stephen25000

« Reply #634 on: August 26, 2015, 04:08:21 PM »
You have really no idea why Brenda Leyland died ... all we really know about her are her internet activities which did her no credit ... and the fact that she had attempted suicide before.

That her immediate family wish to disassociate themselves is patently obvious ... I for one regret that constant raising of her name in the context of her internet trolling on the Drs McCann doesn't respect their privacy.
Obviously you have no regard for that.

The unwelcome link she had forged with Madeleine McCann's parents and her apparent obsession with them was a link which was entirely one sided and one which it was within her power to sever at any time over the years.

Unfortunately the McCann family are given no choice to sever connection to people who are prepared to stalk them both on-line and as in the case of some, in person.

Brenda Leyland lived fifteen miles from Rothley ... close enough for discomfort.

She had no links to the mccanns.

She did not post tweets to them.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:37:57 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #635 on: August 26, 2015, 04:16:55 PM »
She had no links to the mccanns.

She did not post tweets to them.

The only denial I am aware of is yours in your failure to accept that the compilers of the dossier and the target of those who posted the material contained within are not the offenders here.

I find it extraordinary that you so readily defend the dregs of society represented therein.

Brenda Leyland chose to join an on-line hate campaign directed against the parents of a missing child.  That was her choice and hers alone.  Madeleine McCann's parents or anyone suffering on-line abuse do not have that privilege of choice.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:38:58 PM by Eleanor »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #636 on: August 26, 2015, 04:26:30 PM »
The only denial I am aware of is yours in your failure to accept that the compilers of the dossier and the target of those who posted the material contained within are not the offenders here.

I find it extraordinary that you so readily defend the dregs of society represented therein.

Brenda Leyland chose to join an on-line hate campaign directed against the parents of a missing child.  That was her choice and hers alone.  Madeleine McCann's parents or anyone suffering on-line abuse do not have that privilege of choice.

The abuse has been a 2 way street.

Which you continue to deny.

As to Brenda Leyland , without the dossier, would she be still alive ?

As to the mccanns their 'suffering' as you call it was self imposed.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #637 on: August 26, 2015, 04:30:20 PM »
NO CHANCE of withdrawing the claim.

There is more than enough evidence already.

What evidence is that Stephen? 

Perhaps you could post this evidence here? 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:39:56 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Benice

« Reply #638 on: August 26, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
Just a reminder for the believers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02789bx

Gerry McCann says "Clearly something needs to be done about the abuse on the internet.  I think we probably need more people charged"

and his word is god.............. &%&£(+ &%&£(+ &%&£(+

But surely that is what all normal decent people think?      Wouldn't you agree that the vile trolls who forced Sarah Payne to give up in despair and close her Twitter account should be prosecuted?   I can't believe that you or anyone else would condone such cruelty to that lady.

But anyway  - how does Gerry's comment prove that he handed the dossier which came into his possession to SKY?     IMO -  His remark re 'prosecution' is far more in line with his decision to hand it to the police - in order to let them deal with it as they saw fit.

You have no proof - and you should withdraw your libellous accusation - which IMO was made purely because you desperately want to include the McCanns in your 'blame game' against people who in fact were not held responsible in any way shape or form by the Coroner for BL's demise.

You keep ignoring that fact.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline pathfinder73

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Benice

« Reply #640 on: August 26, 2015, 05:06:58 PM »
Who else did it.

The press lied on who handed it to the police, calling them, 'members of the public' when they are unabashed mccann supporters, and nothing else.

The mccanns handed it to the police as admitted by BHH.

The dossier compilers were one step in the chain, which ends with the mccanns.

Are you now claiming that ''unabashed  McCann supporters''  cannot be members of the public?   That makes no sense.    What about 'unabashed Amaral supporters' - are they not members of the public either?

Are you also under the impression that there was only one copy of the dossier?   Surely not - as that makes no sense either.

It's so easy to be a sceptic when anything at all which doesn't suit you is blythely dismissed as a lie.   Where is your proof that the press lied on this occasion?   And why would they anyway? 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline Benice

« Reply #641 on: August 26, 2015, 05:10:56 PM »
https://audioboom.com/boos/2544211-bernard-hogan-howe-confirms-it-was-the-mccann-s-who-gave-police-the-dossier-he-also-mentions-murder-in-ref-to-madeleine-but-corrects-himself

AFAIK no-one is denying that the McCanns handed the dossier which came into their possession to the police.

What is wrong with that?

The claim being disputed is that the McCanns also handed the dossier to SKY - for which there is not a scrap of proof and none has been forthcoming thus far.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #642 on: August 26, 2015, 05:15:59 PM »
The abuse has been a 2 way street.

Which you continue to deny.

As to Brenda Leyland , without the dossier, would she be still alive ?

As to the mccanns their 'suffering' as you call it was self imposed.

There is something particularly reprehensible about anonymous baiting of people whose names are in the news for good or ill using the internet as the weapon of choice.

There is no doubt that their activities are cowardly. 
It is hardly surprising that on the occasions when their actions have become so reprehensible that they appear before the courts, almost without exception it is put forward in mitigation that they are not responsible due to mental deficiency of one kind or another.

The ease with which you sidestep condemnation of the perpetrators of the crime against Madeleine McCann is less than edifying.

stephen25000

« Reply #643 on: August 26, 2015, 05:32:55 PM »
There is something particularly reprehensible about anonymous baiting of people whose names are in the news for good or ill using the internet as the weapon of choice.

There is no doubt that their activities are cowardly. 
It is hardly surprising that on the occasions when their actions have become so reprehensible that they appear before the courts, almost without exception it is put forward in mitigation that they are not responsible due to mental deficiency of one kind or another.

The ease with which you sidestep condemnation of the perpetrators of the crime against Madeleine McCann is less than edifying.

Sidestep condemnation  ???

The crime is unsolved.

Options are open on the perpetrator or perpetrators. As for you, you never condemn mccann supporting trolls.

Me, I have condemned both sides excesses.

stephen25000

« Reply #644 on: August 26, 2015, 05:34:42 PM »
But surely that is what all normal decent people think?      Wouldn't you agree that the vile trolls who forced Sarah Payne to give up in despair and close her Twitter account should be prosecuted?   I can't believe that you or anyone else would condone such cruelty to that lady.

But anyway  - how does Gerry's comment prove that he handed the dossier which came into his possession to SKY?     IMO -  His remark re 'prosecution' is far more in line with his decision to hand it to the police - in order to let them deal with it as they saw fit.

You have no proof - and you should withdraw your libellous accusation - which IMO was made purely because you desperately want to include the McCanns in your 'blame game' against people who in fact were not held responsible in any way shape or form by the Coroner for BL's demise.

You keep ignoring that fact.

I'm ignoring nothing.

The mccanns were handed the dossier by mccann supporters.