Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 163194 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #660 on: August 26, 2015, 08:43:21 PM »
The only denial I am aware of is yours in your failure to accept that the compilers of the dossier and the target of those who posted the material contained within are not the offenders here.

I find it extraordinary that you so readily defend the dregs of society represented therein.

Brenda Leyland chose to join an on-line hate campaign directed against the parents of a missing child.  That was her choice and hers alone.  Madeleine McCann's parents or anyone suffering on-line abuse do not have that privilege of choice.

A beautifully emotive term Brie. Given there is no objective definition of "dregs of society" merely the subjective "a ​group of ​people in ​society who you ​consider to be ​immoral and of no ​value"
Clue us in on the subjective definition upon which you rely in this context.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #661 on: August 26, 2015, 08:59:25 PM »
I have no idea.  You are basing your argument and your accusation of the mccanns on something that does not actually exist.   

Come back when you have found a cite.

Are you giving me instructions ? 

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #662 on: August 26, 2015, 08:59:52 PM »
I don't do revelling- I leave that to supporters who enjoyed BL being outed and her demise. I never said police ignore it- I said they make a judgement what is a criminal offence and what isn't. They decided this wasn't OK.

Insider knowledge?. Good grief no. It is public knowledge that the police only investigate reported crimes- some are dismissed as NOT BEING POLICE MATTERS.  eg

999 hello ,hello,  help me please.

Hello, which service do you require?

Hello,  My neighbour keeps putting their rubbish in my wheelie bin please send the police to speak to them"

This is not an emergency please contact your local authority in the morning.

999 hello can I have a fire engine please
 Hello caller  do you wish to report a fire?
No, My sons kite is stuck up a neighbours tree and he won't let us get access- he got this for his 7th birthday...

This is for fire emergencies only caller..

Hmm jeebus Alfie- instant decisions based on information given  happens all the time. Infact you can ask for a FOI on trivial calls to emergency services in any authority's Police services go to schools to educate people on what is emergency/criminal/civil laws.  It must be they don't like you much to not tell you these things...lol
The police didn't make an instant decision that they were not going to prosecute though did they?  The had the dossier for months before announcing that they would not be pursuing it any further.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #663 on: August 26, 2015, 09:08:32 PM »
Are you giving me instructions ? 

Of course not.

In post 656 you claimed that you have provided cites to backup your claims.

You haven't even provided a cite to this Hogan howe "interview" that you claim supports your argument.

So you are resorting to fibs, Stephen. 

But if accusing people with no evidence floats your boat, fair enough.

Offline mercury

« Reply #664 on: August 26, 2015, 09:25:08 PM »
Of course not.

You haven't even provided a cite to this Hogan howe "interview" that you claim supports your argument.

It is an established fact that BHH told BBC's Eddie Nestor on the programme Drivetime in Oct 2014 that the Mccanns gave this "dossier" to SY. Stephen posted a link to the programme. Sometimes programmes are left to be rewatched or relistened to for years after, sometimes they are taken off a few weeks later. The link was correct though now not available.

Pathfinder, in post 639 ,posted a partial recording of it. Have a listen. it's all there.

stephen25000

« Reply #665 on: August 26, 2015, 09:30:51 PM »
Of course not.

Why are you lying ?

It has reported many times in this interview BHH said the mccanns handed the dossier to the police.

It seems you have no grasp on reality  whatsoever.

stephen25000

« Reply #666 on: August 26, 2015, 09:33:59 PM »
It is an established fact that BHH told BBC's Eddie Nestor on the programme Drivetime in Oct 2014 that the Mccanns gave this "dossier" to SY. Stephen posted a link to the programme. Sometimes programmes are left to be rewatched or relistened to for years after, sometimes they are taken off a few weeks later. The link was correct though now not available.

Pathfinder, in post 639 ,posted a partial recording of it. Have a listen. it's all there.

jp knows that full well, but is now trying to perpetuate a lie that it never happened.

This isn't the first time this has happened either with a mccann supporter and it won't be the last.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:43:06 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #667 on: August 26, 2015, 09:42:55 PM »

Thank you mercury.  Very interesting.  Its a shame Stephen chose to post a non existent link.

And nothing to support his claims that the McCanns gave the dossier to Sky.

However, even more interesting - At around 1 minute to 1 minute 20,Hogan Howe refers to the " file handed to Leicester Police, where the person who was trolling, who was abusing may well have been.

So was Hogan Howe confirming that Brenda Leyland was trolling and abusing?  It seems so.

https://audioboom.com/boos/2544211-bernard-hogan-howe-confirms-it-was-the-mccann-s-who-gave-police-the-dossier-he-also-mentions-murder-in-ref-to-madeleine-but-corrects-himself

Hat tip to Pathfinder.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:45:31 PM by Jean-Pierre »

Offline mercury

« Reply #668 on: August 26, 2015, 09:47:31 PM »
jp knows that full well, but is now trying to perpetuate a lie that it never happened.

This isn't the first time this has happened either.

A simple google on the main keywords will have brought up the relevant part of the transcript anyway or a search on searchable forums and blogs.

It does get tedious and when links don't work anymore or have gone totally but instead of giving the benefit of the doubt one is labelled a liar. I find that so unnecessary.

stephen25000

« Reply #669 on: August 26, 2015, 09:48:00 PM »
Thank you mercury.  Very interesting.  Its a shame Stephen chose to post a non existent link.

However, even more interesting - At around 1 minute to 1 minute 20,Hogan Howe refers to the " file handed to Leicester Police, where the person who was trolling, who was abusing may well have been.

So was Hogan Howe confirming that Brenda Leyland was trolling and abusing?  It seems so.

So

You are bending the truth.

I gave a link which existed, in good faith.

You it seems inhabit a fantasy land.

Brenda was not charged with any crime and she committed no criminal offense.

As to my link, it was pasted on this forum before, and it was met with denial.

One poster stated it had been 'edited'.

Yet another lie.

Offline sadie

« Reply #670 on: August 26, 2015, 09:50:57 PM »
A beautifully emotive term Brie. Given there is no objective definition of "dregs of society" merely the subjective "a ​group of ​people in ​society who you ​consider to be ​immoral and of no ​value"
Clue us in on the subjective definition upon which you rely in this context.
Pointless waffle .... and time-wasting. 

Everyone knows what is meant by the term "dregs of society".

Tis a common term

Offline mercury

« Reply #671 on: August 26, 2015, 09:58:48 PM »

https://audioboom.com/boos/2544211-bernard-hogan-howe-confirms-it-was-the-mccann-s-who-gave-police-the-dossier-he-also-mentions-murder-in-ref-to-madeleine-but-corrects-himself

Hat tip to Pathfinder.

The link Stephen posted was existent alright, and one wouldn't notice the recording wasn't available by looking at the screen where it said, "listen now" right by the headline. In any case.....

BHH said Brenda "may well have been", he didn't say "she was" and even if she was, I think he has bigger issues to worry about as he confirms in that interview, that, online abuse, arguing and defamation are civil matters, not criminal offences, and something the police haven't the resources or remit to tackle, their interest in ths area only being in matters of racism, death threats and the like.

As for who approached Sky News, I have no idea, probably these "dossier people" who wanted their pound of flesh and got it! Bet it left a very bitter taste in their mouths. Whether the Mccanns facilitated any part of it or if it was all Sky and the oh so moral vigilante ones, who knows. Someone died straight after this...you have to be deaf dumb and blind to NOT see any connection.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #672 on: August 26, 2015, 10:00:18 PM »
The link Stephen posted was existent alright, and one wouldn't notice the recording wasn't available by looking at the screen where it said, "listen now" right by the headline. In any case.....

BHH said Brenda "may well have been", he didn't say "she was" and even if she was, I think he has bigger issues to worry about as he confirms in that interview, that, online abuse, arguing and defamation are civil matters, not criminal offences, and something the police haven't the resources or remit to tackle, their interest in ths area only being in matters of racism, death threats and the like.

As for who approached Sky News, I have no idea, probably these "dossier people" who wanted their pound of flesh and got it! Bet it left a very bitter taste in their mouths. Whether the Mccanns facilitated any part of it or if it was all Sky and the oh so moral vigilante ones, who knows. Someone died straight after this...you have to be deaf dumb and blind to NOT see any connection.

Yet another lie.

Fair enough. Maybe check before you post non working links?

Hogan Howe confirms "Trolling and Abuse".

Who knows -if Brenda Leyland had not committed suicide she might have been charged.

Offline mercury

« Reply #673 on: August 26, 2015, 10:02:11 PM »

Yet another lie.

Edited!

@)(++(*

I won't ask who!

Things are always mistranslated, misunderstood, edited, planted, doctored,  in this case.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #674 on: August 26, 2015, 10:03:43 PM »
Pointless waffle .... and time-wasting. 

Everyone knows what is meant by the term "dregs of society".

Tis a common term

A straight forward question and your contribution does not answer it.
Take centre stage and tell us what it means then Sadie.
And as for time wasting people in glass houses should not lob rocks.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey