Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 162742 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #690 on: August 26, 2015, 11:26:37 PM »
Stephen said it was cowardly of the "dossier people" to OUT someone and cause them to be splashed all over the news all day every half an hour whilst asking themselves to be kept anonymous. If they were so "righteous" and stood for all that is good why hide? After all, that's the accusation you have levelled at "anonymous" handles isn't it?? My my, they would have had the backing of Sky News too!

You MUST have understood that is what Stephen meant instead of twisting his comments to mean it was cowardly to report alledged crimes to the police!! Unless you are slow which you are not, well, I'm not sure now tbh
Do you mind??  I was asking Stephen not you.  Stephen is under the impression that the McCanns handed the dossier to Sky, not the dossier compilers.  That's why I asked him the question, so kindly DON'T speak for him, he's a big boy now.

Offline mercury

« Reply #691 on: August 26, 2015, 11:30:15 PM »
What evidence to you have that the dossier compilers asked to remain anonymous and did anything other than pass their complaint to the police?
BTW How do you think the poor nanny, who was being targeted by the sceptic forum, felt when her livelihood was being threatened by people who merely thought they knew her online ID?

Sky news bulletin every half hour featuring Brenda Leyland also featured the "dossier people" who SKY said wanted to remain anonymous so THAT is the evidence, do you want a video link? If I don't provide one will you call me a liar?
 @)(++(*

I don't know anything about any nanny episode

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #692 on: August 26, 2015, 11:31:49 PM »
Sky news bulletin every half hour featuring Brenda Leyland also featured the "dossier people" who SKY said wanted to remain anonymous so THAT is the evidence, do you want a video link? If I don't provide one will you call me a liar?
 @)(++(*

I don't know anything about any nanny episode
How convenient.  It's been mentioned on here often enough. 

Offline Benice

« Reply #693 on: August 26, 2015, 11:33:08 PM »
Why are you lying ?

It has reported many times in this interview BHH said the mccanns handed the dossier to the police.

It seems you have no grasp on reality  whatsoever.

AFAIK  no-one is disputing that the McCanns gave the dossier which came into their possession to the police.   

It is your accusation that it was the McCanns who were the people who gave the dossier to SKY which I am disputing.

These are your words:-

''The dossier compilers and the mccanns had no need to give the dossier to sky news, just the police''.
-------------
So far you have not provided a single shred of evidence to prove that the McCanns were in any way involved in handing the dossier to SKY.      Therefore you should withdraw your claim - which IMO you are making because you want  to implicate the McCanns in BL's death so that you can then point the finger of blame at them.

Nasty.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline mercury

« Reply #694 on: August 26, 2015, 11:38:25 PM »
How convenient.  It's been mentioned on here often enough.

Nothing "convenient " at all, I've not read everything on this forum, thanks for the example of not giving the benefit of the doubt

Offline mercury

« Reply #695 on: August 26, 2015, 11:42:03 PM »
Do you mind??  I was asking Stephen not you. 

No I don't mind, only you asked the same question about 10 times today and not always to anyone in particular just rabbiting  on and on when you knew the answer anyway which makes you a disingenuous poster  and so thought I would answer to out you out of your misery

Cheers

Offline mercury

« Reply #696 on: August 26, 2015, 11:43:22 PM »
Here you go Misty, watch the show that ended in an avoidable suicide, shame on all of them

http://news.sky.com/video/1346113/special-report-mccann-trolls

AND your PROOF that the dossier compilers wanted to remain anonymous!!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:45:58 PM by mercury »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #697 on: August 26, 2015, 11:46:40 PM »
No I don't mind, only you asked the same question about 10 times today and not always to anyone in particular just rabbiting  on and on when you knew the answer anyway which makes you a disingenuous poster  and so thought I would answer to out you out of your misery

Cheers
Stephen seldom answers a straight question with a straight answer, hence the need to continually pose the same question, in the hope he will eventually change the habit of a lifetime and actually reply without deflecting and wriggling.

Incidentally what you and he seem to have forgotten is that The dossier did not contain Brenda's name or details at all - Brunt found those out for himself.  So, once again - why were the dossier compilers cowards Stephen?

Offline mercury

« Reply #698 on: August 26, 2015, 11:51:02 PM »
Stephen seldom answers a straight question with a straight answer, hence the need to continually pose the same question, in the hope he will eventually change the habit of a lifetime and actually reply without deflecting and wriggling.

Incidentally what you and he seem to have forgotten is that The dossier did not contain Brenda's name or details at all - Brunt found those out for himself.  So, once again - why were the dossier compilers cowards Stephen?

Brunt found these out? Got anything to back that up?

You're once again question  is getting tedious...you hVe been told why they are By ME

Offline misty

« Reply #699 on: August 27, 2015, 12:08:52 AM »
Here you go Misty, watch the show that ended in an avoidable suicide, shame on all of them

http://news.sky.com/video/1346113/special-report-mccann-trolls

AND your PROOF that the dossier compilers wanted to remain anonymous!!!

Did the compiler(s) ask for anonymity if they approached Sky or did Sky ask them if they wanted anonymity when Sky approached them?
It is clear you actually know nothing about BL or her tweets so perhaps you should refrain from passing judgement on people who were acting in the interest of innocent victims of online bullying.

Offline mercury

« Reply #700 on: August 27, 2015, 12:29:54 AM »
Did the compiler(s) ask for anonymity if they approached Sky or did Sky ask them if they wanted anonymity when Sky approached them?
It is clear you actually know nothing about BL or her tweets so perhaps you should refrain from passing judgement on people who were acting in the interest of innocent victims of online bullying.

They wanted to remain anonymous either way by your apologist argument....cowards full and through and a woman's death on their hands

Don't tell me to refrain from anything...the fact that you support these cowardly creatures is enough for me to put you on ignore, you disgust me condoning their actions which lead to suicide...have any of them shown remorse??? Brenda Leyland did not deserve to die for tweeting she couldn't stand the Mccanns, that's all she did, Do tell the forum but I won't be listening

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #701 on: August 27, 2015, 12:41:02 AM »
Perhaps it's time that both sides now let Brenda Leyland rest in peace. If she was guilty of a great sin then it has been amply paid for and if she was the victim of a witchunt then we can't by constantly raking over the episode make the hunters, if they have not felt it already, feel guilty.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline mercury

« Reply #702 on: August 27, 2015, 12:41:29 AM »

AFAIK  no-one is disputing that the McCanns gave the dossier which came into their possession to the police.   

It is your accusation that it was the McCanns who were the people who gave the dossier to SKY which I am disputing.

These are your words:-

''The dossier compilers and the mccanns had no need to give the dossier to sky news, just the police''.
-------------
So far you have not provided a single shred of evidence to prove that the McCanns were in any way involved in handing the dossier to SKY.      Therefore you should withdraw your claim - which IMO you are making because you want  to implicate the McCanns in BL's death so that you can then point the finger of blame at them.

Nasty.

Seeing as you are so vehement in protecting the idea that the Mccanns didn't give the dossier to sky (inference is how horrible an accusation) are you in effect agreeing it was "nasty" for anyone else to do so???

Offline mercury

« Reply #703 on: August 27, 2015, 12:47:17 AM »
Perhaps it's time that both sides now let Brenda Leyland rest in peace. If she was guilty of a great sin then it has been amply paid for and if she was the victim of a witchunt then we can't by constantly raking over the episode make the hunters, if they have not felt it already, feel guilty.

I think making them feel guilty for their deliberate and conscious actions whilst alive and gloating is fair, don't you?
I suppose none of them foresaw a suicide but they foresaw a whole lot of grief...for....someone who didn't like the Mccanns or believed their story and said something like when asked how long should the Mccanns suffer, to which she answered for the rest of their miserable lives...hardly a hanging offence hey?

Logging off in total disgust and condemnation of anyone who thinks Brenda Leyland deserved to die for tweeting, shame on all of them and I for one their karma which surely will come to bite their arises for sure for sure as the Irish say for sure

But fine FL I won't post on this sorry issue and the sorry sad little people around it again

~~~~~RIp~~~~~Brenda
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:51:36 AM by mercury »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #704 on: August 27, 2015, 01:04:15 AM »
I think making them feel guilty for their deliberate and conscious actions whilst alive and gloating is fair, don't you?
I suppose none of them foresaw a suicide but they foresaw a whole lot of grief...for....someone who didn't like the Mccanns or believed their story and said something like when asked how long should the Mccanns suffer, to which she answered for the rest of their miserable lives...hardly a hanging offence hey?

Logging off in total disgust and condemnation of anyone who thinks Brenda Leyland deserved to die for tweeting, shame on all of them and I for one their karma which surely will come to bite their arises for sure for sure as the Irish say for sure

But fine FL I won't post on this sorry issue and the sorry sad little people around it again

That's the thing Mercury, they don't feel guilt and will never take responsibility for playing a part in Brenda's suicide and there comes a point when the only people who are being affected by raking over the circumstances of her death  are her family and friends and haven't they been hurt enough already by this ?

They say what goes around comes around and we can but hope but until then by discussing her tragic suicide all we are doing is giving supporters the opportunity to malign her all over again and be honest if it was you're relative would you want that because I know I wouldn't.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:07:01 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?