Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 162805 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #705 on: August 27, 2015, 07:28:29 AM »
That's the thing Mercury, they don't feel guilt and will never take responsibility for playing a part in Brenda's suicide and there comes a point when the only people who are being affected by raking over the circumstances of her death  are her family and friends and haven't they been hurt enough already by this ?

They say what goes around comes around and we can but hope but until then by discussing her tragic suicide all we are doing is giving supporters the opportunity to malign her all over again and be honest if it was you're relative would you want that because I know I wouldn't.

Brenda had attempted suicide before and had mental illness issues....no one is to blame for her suicide. perhaps her family should have given her more support.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #706 on: August 27, 2015, 08:07:26 AM »
Brunt found these out? Got anything to back that up?

You're once again question  is getting tedious...you hVe been told why they are By ME
yes, he said so at the inquest, will that do?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #707 on: August 27, 2015, 08:09:05 AM »
Perhaps it's time that both sides now let Brenda Leyland rest in peace. If she was guilty of a great sin then it has been amply paid for and if she was the victim of a witchunt then we can't by constantly raking over the episode make the hunters, if they have not felt it already, feel guilty.
How about letting the McCanns "rest in peace", or do you consider that they haven't been hounded nearly enough? 

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #708 on: August 27, 2015, 08:10:22 AM »
That's the thing Mercury, they don't feel guilt and will never take responsibility for playing a part in Brenda's suicide and there comes a point when the only people who are being affected by raking over the circumstances of her death  are her family and friends and haven't they been hurt enough already by this ?

They say what goes around comes around and we can but hope but until then by discussing her tragic suicide all we are doing is giving supporters the opportunity to malign her all over again and be honest if it was you're relative would you want that because I know I wouldn't.
*irony klaxon* x 10

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #709 on: August 27, 2015, 08:13:53 AM »
What this argument seems to boil down to is: suicide cancels out all your other actions when you were alive and puts you above criticism.   Does this apply to Kate and Gerry though?  If they topped themselves would that finally put them beyond criticism?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #710 on: August 27, 2015, 09:08:26 AM »
Dregs of society = people behaving without moral or scruple, eg: those that troll victims of crime and their families, or who gain pleasure from spreading myths, lies and damaging propaganda about them online or in the form of pamphlets, videos etc.  Will that do?

You forgot to add in parents who go out to enjoy themselves leaving their children alone at night in a strange country- ignoring their cries...commoners-low life types? Yes? No?  or does that just apply to people who dwell in council houses?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #711 on: August 27, 2015, 09:19:52 AM »
The actual excerpt from 51 seconds onwards says, verbatim - "The file was handed to that team and  we were liasing with Leicestershire police which is where the McCann family live, and sadly as it turned out possibly  the person who was trolling and abusing, er, people, may well have been.  The file was in the process of being considered partly by the met,partly by Leicestershire but was likely to have been dealt with by Leicestershire police not by the met"

Context - Hogan Howe confirms that Leyland was trolling and abusing, and may well have been living in the Leicester area also.

If you are going to take the bit about the handing over of the dossier by the family as authoratative then you must logically do the same for his assertion that BL was trolling and abusing. 

OK Alfie this answers your question....(in red font) there was no immediate rushing to make arrests due to a crime being commited against the McCanns.. They did liase to see who would deal with it.. no one dealt with it!  but being very angry and wanting blood - the police ignored it- no case to answer- someone handed it to SKY..roopie murdooks media outlet. ( well used by McCANNS).

Oh and just a wee thing about reporting crime... if It comes to court everyone has the right to face their accuser...hmm cool eh? no annonymity here guv.

JP...The word was MAY  not has in Howes statement. he did let a we murder word drop into his speech as well- not the most articulate of people to do TV interviews eh?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Benice

« Reply #712 on: August 27, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »
Seeing as you are so vehement in protecting the idea that the Mccanns didn't give the dossier to sky (inference is how horrible an accusation) are you in effect agreeing it was "nasty" for anyone else to do so???

You have missed the point mercury.  As far as I am concerned there are enough lies being told about the McCanns without more people adding to them.   There is no evidence for the claim Stephen made, which IMO was an attempt to turn BL's suicide into yet another stick to beat the McCanns with.  That is what I found to be nasty.

Personally I agree with the Coroner that no-one was guilty of any wrongdoing in the circumstances which led up to BL's demise -  and therefore my answer to your question would be 'No'.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #713 on: August 27, 2015, 09:37:30 AM »

AFAIK  no-one is disputing that the McCanns gave the dossier which came into their possession to the police.   

It is your accusation that it was the McCanns who were the people who gave the dossier to SKY which I am disputing.

These are your words:-

''The dossier compilers and the mccanns had no need to give the dossier to sky news, just the police''.
-------------
So far you have not provided a single shred of evidence to prove that the McCanns were in any way involved in handing the dossier to SKY.      Therefore you should withdraw your claim - which IMO you are making because you want  to implicate the McCanns in BL's death so that you can then point the finger of blame at them.

Nasty.

The NASTY, as you call it derives from those who compiled the dossier and passed it to the mccanns.

You can attack me all you wish, but the trail exists no matter how much you deny it.

DOSSIER COMPILERS-----------MCCANNS--------------POLICE and SKY.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:43:01 AM by Eleanor »

stephen25000

« Reply #714 on: August 27, 2015, 09:39:22 AM »
You have missed the point mercury.  As far as I am concerned there are enough lies being told about the McCanns without more people adding to them.   There is no evidence for the claim Stephen made, which IMO was an attempt to turn BL's suicide into yet another stick to beat the McCanns with.  That is what I found to be nasty.

Personally I agree with the Coroner that no-one was guilty of any wrongdoing in the circumstances which led up to BL's demise -  and therefore my answer to your question would be 'No'.

Of course you agree, you are hardly likely to say anything else are you.

As to the mccanns, can you care to remind us what they admitted at the Leverson Inquiry ?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #715 on: August 27, 2015, 09:42:45 AM »
Tiresome ... totally pointless ... and very much off topic, unless you consider those who who troll the internet in an effort to cause as much distress as they can are not the dregs of society, as may very well be your opinion for all anyone knows.

You have failed to answer the question. Perhaps you were bright enough to see where it was going and that would have been an embarrassment to you?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #716 on: August 27, 2015, 09:47:56 AM »
OK Alfie this answers your question....(in red font) there was no immediate rushing to make arrests due to a crime being commited against the McCanns.. They did liase to see who would deal with it.. no one dealt with it!  but being very angry and wanting blood - the police ignored it- no case to answer- someone handed it to SKY..roopie murdooks media outlet. ( well used by McCANNS).

Oh and just a wee thing about reporting crime... if It comes to court everyone has the right to face their accuser...hmm cool eh? no annonymity here guv.

JP...The word was MAY  not has in Howes statement. he did let a we murder word drop into his speech as well- not the most articulate of people to do TV interviews eh?

Or even radio.

The context is that the abuser "may well have been living in the Leicester area".

I think you need to revise your understanding of criminal law.  Who would the accuser be in a case such as this? 

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #717 on: August 27, 2015, 09:49:54 AM »
The NASTY, as you call it derives from those who compiled the dossier and passed it to the mccanns.

You can attack me all you wish, but the trail exists no matter how much you deny it.

That is your guess.  Where is the evidence, Stephen?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #718 on: August 27, 2015, 09:51:32 AM »
Dregs of society = people behaving without moral or scruple, eg: those that troll victims of crime and their families, or who gain pleasure from spreading myths, lies and damaging propaganda about them online or in the form of pamphlets, videos etc.  Will that do?

No! it merely tells me your subjective opinion. I asked for Brietta's subjective opinion.
Or are you speaking for her now?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Benice

« Reply #719 on: August 27, 2015, 09:53:17 AM »

Geddit.

I disagree Stephen.   IMO it is the vile trolls who provided 67 pages of venom, poisonous lies, threats and sheer cruelty - (all directed at one family)  who have earned the 'nasty' title.     If it wasn't for them - there would be no dossier.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal