Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 162756 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #720 on: August 27, 2015, 09:58:49 AM »
Or even radio.

The context is that the abuser "may well have been living in the Leicester area".

I think you need to revise your understanding of criminal law.  Who would the accuser be in a case such as this?

If you report a crime- *I call the police and tell them you are attacking someone- they will arive and asertain if indeed a crime has been commited- the person who reorted it would thus become a witness ( along with any other people who witnessed it). All would be summond to court. Names named and all that jazz.

BL's twitters were public. The police found this not to be a crime. That should have been an end to the matter.  To wrongfully accuse someone of a crime is wrong... ask any McCann supporter!...oh um diddums.

POT AND KETTLES
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

« Reply #721 on: August 27, 2015, 10:03:25 AM »
I disagree Stephen.   IMO it is the vile trolls who provided 67 pages of venom, poisonous lies, threats and sheer cruelty - (all directed at one family)  who have earned the 'nasty' title.     If it wasn't for them - there would be no dossier.

i AGREE such nasty people should be charged with harrassment- IF that is what they have been doing.

So, If BL was doing all these things you claim, why was she not charged- could it be because she committed no crime?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #722 on: August 27, 2015, 10:04:11 AM »
If you report a crime- *I call the police and tell them you are attacking someone- they will arive and asertain if indeed a crime has been commited- the person who reorted it would thus become a witness ( along with any other people who witnessed it). All would be summond to court. Names named and all that jazz.

BL's twitters were public. The police found this not to be a crime. That should have been an end to the matter.  To wrongfully accuse someone of a crime is wrong... ask any McCann supporter!...oh um diddums.

POT AND KETTLES

If indeed The Dossier Compilers accused anyone of a crime.

I think they were just very concerned, as I have been on occasions.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #723 on: August 27, 2015, 10:05:46 AM »
i AGREE such nasty people should be charged with harrassment- IF that is what they have been doing.

So, If BL was doing all these things you claim, why was she not charged- could it be because she committed no crime?

I think she might have already been dead by the time The Police pronounced.

Offline Benice

« Reply #724 on: August 27, 2015, 10:10:51 AM »
Of course you agree, you are hardly likely to say anything else are you.

As to the mccanns, can you care to remind us what they admitted at the Leverson Inquiry ?

LOL You appear to be suggesting there is something wrong with people who acknowledge the Coroner's unbiased assessments - and is the one person who is qualified to make them.   

You obviously think you know better than the Coroner, but then you also think you know better than the police forces of two countries, so no surprise there.

I have no idea what your comment re Levesons is about -except that it appears to be off topic.  If it is related to internet trolls then perhaps you can enlighten me.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #725 on: August 27, 2015, 10:12:18 AM »
I disagree Stephen.   IMO it is the vile trolls who provided 67 pages of venom, poisonous lies, threats and sheer cruelty - (all directed at one family)  who have earned the 'nasty' title.     If it wasn't for them - there would be no dossier.

Now you've walked right into that one.

Take a look at the following link and the tweets from certain parties attacking/threatening Brenda Leyland before she committed suicide.

I wonder if these were shown at the inquest ?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/womens-issues/brenda-leyland-wasnt-troll-didnt-deserve-die-544755.html

NASTY DOESN'T EVEN COME CLOSE.

and there are more of course, porior to her death
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:15:56 AM by stephen25000 »

stephen25000

« Reply #726 on: August 27, 2015, 10:16:26 AM »
LOL You appear to be suggesting there is something wrong with people who acknowledge the Coroner's unbiased assessments - and is the one person who is qualified to make them.   

You obviously think you know better than the Coroner, but then you also think you know better than the police forces of two countries, so no surprise there.

I have no idea what your comment re Levesons is about -except that it appears to be off topic.  If it is related to internet trolls then perhaps you can enlighten me.

I judge by results.

stephen25000

« Reply #727 on: August 27, 2015, 10:20:29 AM »
That is your guess.  Where is the evidence, Stephen?

After your behaviour yesterday and the abusive personal comments which have been reported, there is nothing to say to you.

I won't sink to your depths and comment on work or the people you work with.

That is the forte of mccann supporters.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #728 on: August 27, 2015, 10:21:37 AM »
Now you've walked right into that one.

Take a look at the following link and the tweets from certain parties attacking/threatening Brenda Leyland before she committed suicide.

I wonder if these were shown at the inquest ?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/womens-issues/brenda-leyland-wasnt-troll-didnt-deserve-die-544755.html

NASTY DOESN'T EVEN COME CLOSE.

and there are more of course, porior to her death

Do you really think that "dirndleass" (the author of those tweets) was a "McCann Supporter"?

« Reply #729 on: August 27, 2015, 10:22:01 AM »
If indeed The Dossier Compilers accused anyone of a crime.

I think they were just very concerned, as I have been on occasions.

The same could be said about those who are concerned about what happened to little MADDIE- her parents behaviour etc.

And Elle, they have lawyers at hand who could have told them how to deal with it surely. I find it strange that they have never sued anyone in this country and had it taken it to court ... would be interesting.

I never have and never will support ,condone anyone who harasses, threatens people. Some people including the McCanns may have been offended by BL's behaviour. Ignoring it would be a good start.

Those who compiled the dossier and picked on BL are disgusting cretins IMO. THE  perceived BULLIED BECOMING THE BULLY DOES NOT EQUATE.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #730 on: August 27, 2015, 10:22:25 AM »
The NASTY, as you call it derives from those who compiled the dossier and passed it to the mccanns.

You can attack me all you wish, but the trail exists no matter how much you deny it.

DOSSIER COMPILERS-----------MCCANNS--------------POLICE and SKY.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with reporting a suspected crime to the police. AFAIAC..Brenda brought everything onto herself

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #731 on: August 27, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »
The same could be said about those who are concerned about what happened to little MADDIE- her parents behaviour etc.

And Elle, they have lawyers at hand who could have told them how to deal with it surely. I find it strange that they have never sued anyone in this country and had it taken it to court ... would be interesting.

I never have and never will support ,condone anyone who harasses, threatens people. Some people including the McCanns may have been offended by BL's behaviour. Ignoring it would be a good start.

Those who compiled the dossier and picked on BL are disgusting cretins IMO. THE  perceived BULLIED BECOMING THE BULLY DOES NOT EQUATE.

If you are concerned about what happened to Maddie put your evidence together...make a dossier..and inform the police...that is teh correct thing to do.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #732 on: August 27, 2015, 10:25:02 AM »
After your behaviour yesterday and the abusive personal comments which have been reported, there is nothing to say to you.

I won't sink to your depths and comment on work or the people you work with.

That is the forte of mccann supporters.

"abusive personal comments"?

Asking you to provide cites for your statements, Stephen.  Which you seem completely unable to do. 

Don't worry, nobody expects you to. 8)--)) 

stephen25000

« Reply #733 on: August 27, 2015, 10:26:04 AM »

By the same token, but foir the mccanns behaviour, there would be no dossier.

stephen25000

« Reply #734 on: August 27, 2015, 10:28:11 AM »
"abusive personal comments"?

Asking you to provide cites for your statements, Stephen.  Which you seem completely unable to do. 

Don't worry, nobody expects you to. 8)--))

Look on page 44 jp.

About me and my job.

Or do you have a short memory and one blindly in adoration of the mccanns ? %£&)**# %£&)**# %£&)**#