Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 163180 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #795 on: August 28, 2015, 10:30:51 AM »
I still fail to see what, in essence, is different between Spivey's online behaviour and that of numerous "Maddie Justice Seekers" aka delusional conspiracy theorists.  I guess it's only because the McCanns haven't got personal FB and twitter accounts that has (ironically) prevented these people from being convicted like Spivey has.

I would assume it was because Spivey directly approached the Rigby family.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #796 on: August 28, 2015, 10:37:38 AM »

In much the same way as some "McCanns Sceptics" have leafleted the Mccanns home town, visited places of work, written to MPs and employers, approached KM while shopping.

All cut from the same cloth, IMO

Offline Lace

« Reply #797 on: August 28, 2015, 10:42:49 AM »
In much the same way as some "McCanns Sceptics" have leafleted the Mccanns home town, visited places of work, written to MPs and employers, approached KM while shopping.

8((()*/

Online Eleanor

« Reply #798 on: August 28, 2015, 11:42:43 AM »

Deleting shortly, so enough, if you please.  This is not a request.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #799 on: August 28, 2015, 11:50:44 AM »

Absolutely JP. You'll get no agreement from me on that score.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #800 on: August 28, 2015, 12:39:24 PM »
yes, that's why I wrote " I guess it's only because the McCanns haven't got personal FB and twitter accounts that has (ironically) prevented these people from being convicted like Spivey has".

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #801 on: August 28, 2015, 12:41:38 PM »
Absolutely JP. You'll get no agreement from me on that score.
@)(++(*

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #802 on: August 28, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »
PS: I am reporting Faithlilly's avatar as I think it is the kind of avatar a troll would use on this forum, plus because of the forum it's being used on I would say it was also libellous.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #803 on: August 28, 2015, 01:23:31 PM »
There is something for everyone in here!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Internet+Troll&page=2

My eclectic:
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
-can be male or female, mostly males, including the popular 'gender bender'44 year old man that acts like 14 year old girl.
Female internet trolls, are far more scary than their male counterparts. Female trolls seem better able to delude themselves into believing that their behaviour is not only accepted online but that the traits that they find so well received (they are not) will transfer well to real life.
A person who posts remarks or comments onto internet forums or message boards in an attempt to get someone to comment negatively to it and to redirect attention onto himself.
Sometimes, the comments are enough to enrage the people in the forum to want to respond back with their own negative remarks which starts a flame war and changes the topic and attention of the discussion.
Biased and angry because of envious or unreasonable emotions  trolls will degrade you for even speaking or making any statement at all.

OK cats now lets play spot the troll!

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #804 on: August 28, 2015, 01:42:41 PM »
There is something for everyone in here!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Internet+Troll&page=2

My eclectic:
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
-can be male or female, mostly males, including the popular 'gender bender'44 year old man that acts like 14 year old girl.
Female internet trolls, are far more scary than their male counterparts. Female trolls seem better able to delude themselves into believing that their behaviour is not only accepted online but that the traits that they find so well received (they are not) will transfer well to real life.
A person who posts remarks or comments onto internet forums or message boards in an attempt to get someone to comment negatively to it and to redirect attention onto himself.
Sometimes, the comments are enough to enrage the people in the forum to want to respond back with their own negative remarks which starts a flame war and changes the topic and attention of the discussion.
Biased and angry because of envious or unreasonable emotions  trolls will degrade you for even speaking or making any statement at all.

OK cats now lets play spot the troll!
the bit highlighted in bold above describes you to  a tee does it not?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #805 on: August 28, 2015, 02:05:45 PM »
the bit highlighted in bold above describes you to  a tee does it not?

Is that you statin' the bleedin' obvious or you trying to start a flame war Alf  8(0(*. Why do you think I put it first? Press this button here and behold and lo.................
 *&*%£
Now find yourself you are in there!
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #806 on: August 28, 2015, 02:12:59 PM »

How do you know the site hasn't been hacked? Who runs PJGA? Why is it now being run from Portimao? Why would GoFundMe permit transfer of ownership from the registered Fundraiser 4 months into a campaign?
You're really not getting it, are you?

If there were no gullible people ... there would be no Nigerian Princes raking in money from them.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #807 on: August 28, 2015, 04:10:12 PM »
Is that you statin' the bleedin' obvious or you trying to start a flame war Alf  8(0(*. Why do you think I put it first? Press this button here and behold and lo.................
 *&*%£
Now find yourself you are in there!
I'm sorry, I don't know how your mind works, nor did I realise you had re-ordered the description of trolls you posted.  I'm very sorry for any distress / upset / amusement / irritation I may have inadvertently caused on this occasion. 

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #808 on: August 28, 2015, 05:30:35 PM »
PS: I am reporting Faithlilly's avatar as I think it is the kind of avatar a troll would use on this forum, plus because of the forum it's being used on I would say it was also libellous.

So who did Arthur Conan Doyle Libel?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #809 on: August 28, 2015, 05:38:30 PM »
So who did Arthur Conan Doyle Libel?

The Dog?