Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 839547 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2015, 09:41:18 PM »
It was to show to Eleanor that he sometimes did things differently but he was always successful at his job.

I suppose that you do know that any old dog can find a Cadaver?  Or do you think that this is peculiar only to trained dogs?

Oh, and by the way, they mostly dig them up.

I've got a pint sized Pug, and even she could find a Cadaver.  She just wouldn't waste her time barking about it.

I do think that you try with the best of intentions according to your faith.  And I don't actually enjoy putting you down.  But some of your thinking is crackers.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2015, 09:43:15 PM »
It was to show to Eleanor that he sometimes did things differently but he was always successful at his job.

The truth is...and we should all be very interested in the truth...we don't know how good eddie was at his job since the overwhelming vast majority of his alerts that I have seen are unconfirmed...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2015, 09:46:00 PM »
I suppose that you do know that any old dog can find a Cadaver?  Or do you think that this is peculiar only to trained dogs?

I've got a pint sized Pug, and even she could find a Cadaver.  She just wouldn't waste her time barking about it.

I do think that you try with the best of intentions according to your faith.  And I don't actually enjoy putting you down.  But some of your thinking is crackers.

to his credit...path is usually very pleasant and not vindinctive

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2015, 10:00:21 PM »
to his credit...path is usually very pleasant and not vindinctive

Absolutely.  We might all take a lesson.  Perhaps we can all try a bit harder.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2015, 10:52:28 PM »

Scary.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2015, 11:36:28 PM »
Scary.

Yes.  Really scary when people have no real knowledge of what they are talking about.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2015, 11:43:42 PM »
Just shows how bleedin' dangerous Googling can be  ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline mercury

« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2015, 12:22:46 AM »
So if Eddie alerts and Keela alerts at the same place what conclusion can we draw, if any?

You have a choice. Eddie was alerting to cadaver scent and Keela signalled blood. Or both dogs signalled blood. The problem is you have no way of knowing for sure. You also have a massive problem when one dog alerts and the other doesn't, proving that the first (cadaver) dog was not alerting to blood.

The point being put about ,that if Keela alerted where Eddie did, it must mean blood is also a misnomer. Its entirely possible that blood can be found where a dead body has laid.

Offline mercury

« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2015, 12:25:07 AM »
Should equal blood but no cadaver scent.

Err no, a cadaver dog can scent the remnant scent of a dead body and a blood dog can find blood in the same place. Both alerts do not have to mean alerting to the same thing.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2015, 12:26:43 AM »
Do we really have to do this again?  I don't think I can take it for much longer.

Offline mercury

« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2015, 12:30:03 AM »
"The shortest post-mortem interval for which we received a correct response was one hour and 25 minutes"
http://www.csst.org/cadaver_scent.html
So the hypothesis in the VeM book which has PMI of only 45 mins must be incorrect IMO

What is the  VeM book?

Why do you assume 45 minutes?

Offline mercury

« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2015, 12:32:02 AM »
Eddy was trained initially as a Victim Recovery Dog.  VRD.  They are trained to scent blood from live people.

So what? Keela didnt, when sent in after Eddie, ergo wasnt blood from a live person

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2015, 12:35:13 AM »
So what? Keela didnt, when sent in after Eddie, ergo wasnt blood from a live person

Dogs can only scent Dried Blood.  Perhaps you didn't know that.

Offline mercury

« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2015, 12:45:21 AM »

Keela scents all blood, perhaps you didnt know that? My point was Eddies alerts in 5a which Keela did  not confirm could NOT have been blood

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2015, 12:48:18 AM »

The dogs work as a team to find evidence of death not blood from a nose bleed. They are investigating a possible death inside the apartment.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.