Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 839610 times)

ferryman

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #720 on: July 06, 2015, 06:38:46 PM »
Afraid not.

Do what you want with your frayed knots.

The family wasn't the focus in May 2007 . The twins weren't even tested.

Not taking cuddle-cat for forensic analysis was an oversight by the PJ.

Offline jassi

« Reply #721 on: July 06, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »
Maybe, though as I recall, it had been laundered within an inch of its life so may not have provided anything useful.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carew

« Reply #722 on: July 06, 2015, 06:41:48 PM »
Police do not base their suspicions on guess-work.

Which can be accepted as your acknowledgement that a cadaver contaminant alert can occur at the same site at which blood is present.

To state categorically that alerts from both blood and VRD dogs must both only be to blood and not cadaver contaminant is misleading.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #723 on: July 06, 2015, 06:43:23 PM »
Afraid not.

The family wasn't the focus in May 2007 . The twins weren't even tested. Too much interference and a media circus.

Madeleine McCann should rightly have been the focus of the investigation from the minute she was reported missing.  Everything of hers and everything with which she was in close contact should have been taken for examination.

If the abductor had dropped a hair which stuck to either cuddle cat or her blanket ... it would never be found otherwise.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Anna

« Reply #724 on: July 06, 2015, 06:44:52 PM »
You cannot disregard or negate the point that a cadaver contaminant alert can occur at the site from which a cadaver has been removed leaving blood traces behind.

Such illogicality implies that each time blood is present a cadaver alert cannot occur at the same site!

So who do you think may have died there on the floor tiles behind the couch, Carew?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Brietta

« Reply #725 on: July 06, 2015, 06:45:26 PM »
Maybe, though as I recall, it had been laundered within an inch of its life so may not have provided anything useful.

The toy was on Madeleine's bed.

It should have been bagged and sent to forensics.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Anna

« Reply #726 on: July 06, 2015, 06:47:06 PM »
The toy was on Madeleine's bed.

It should have been bagged and sent to forensics.

Was her bedding?
― Plato

Offline Carew

« Reply #727 on: July 06, 2015, 06:52:08 PM »
So who do you think may have died there on the floor tiles behind the couch, Carew?

Do you agree that a VRD can alert to cadaver at the same spot that a blood dog alerts to?

That`s the point.

It has been stated that both dogs must have only alerted to blood.

That is misleading because we don`t actually know, do we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #728 on: July 06, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »

ferryman

« Reply #729 on: July 06, 2015, 06:54:36 PM »

Do you agree that a VRD can alert to cadaver at the same spot that a blood dog alerts to?

That`s the point.

It has been stated that both dogs must have only alerted to blood.

That is misleading because we don`t actually know, do we?

No it's not the point.

If there is blood in the vicinity, a cadaver dog (should alert).  Speculation about "cadaver scent" is precisely that, speculation and guesswork unless there is corroboration.

Corroboration can come, alone, from DNA uncovered by scientists in a laboratory.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #730 on: July 06, 2015, 07:01:03 PM »
Was her bedding?

I was sure I had seen that the cleaners were allowed entry quite early on and the bedding taken away for washing;  I have had a look and can't find a cite for that.

Offline Anna

« Reply #731 on: July 06, 2015, 07:02:22 PM »
There is very remote chance that the minuscule amounts of blood that Keela can detect, was not what Eddie alerted too.
However IIRC there was no DNA belonging to the McCanns found on that tile area, so it would not be a case of removing a cadaver and leaving some of that body blood/fluid behind, if it was Madeleine.
I'm sure you can understand why Mr Grime took two dogs. It was to eliminate any alerts of blood be Eddie.
― Plato

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #732 on: July 06, 2015, 07:04:06 PM »
Madeleine McCann should rightly have been the focus of the investigation from the minute she was reported missing.  Everything of hers and everything with which she was in close contact should have been taken for examination.

If the abductor had dropped a hair which stuck to either cuddle cat or her blanket ... it would never be found otherwise.

Hairs on bed.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/5A_FORENSIC_4_5_7.htm

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #733 on: July 06, 2015, 07:12:50 PM »
There is very remote chance that the minuscule amounts of blood that Keela can detect, was not what Eddie alerted too.
However IIRC there was no DNA belonging to the McCanns found on that tile area, so it would not be a case of removing a cadaver and leaving some of that body blood/fluid behind, if it was Madeleine.
I'm sure you can understand why Mr Grime took two dogs. It was to eliminate any alerts of blood be Eddie.

I think it is usual to have at least two different teams working a case, Anna.  Different handlers and different dogs.

Offline Anna

« Reply #734 on: July 06, 2015, 07:14:15 PM »
Hairs on bed.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/5A_FORENSIC_4_5_7.htm

Yes the initial forensic team found hairs. None of the bedding appears to have gone to forensic lab, except for the counterpane on the bed next to the window which was thought to have a stain of something other than what it turned out to be....A child's saliva.
I believe luminol was used and only shows bodily fluids.
― Plato