Author Topic: Dodgy Detectives.  (Read 19624 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Dodgy Detectives.
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2015, 01:16:21 PM »
Topic please Eleanor !

Dodgy Detectives advertise trips to Distilleries while not searching for a missing child..  Or was Stephen fibbing?

The rest of my post is On Topic.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2015, 01:32:50 PM »
Dodgy Detectives advertise trips to Distilleries while not searching for a missing child..  Or was Stephen fibbing?

The rest of my post is On Topic.

It may have been a Brewery and a few drinks rather than a trip... 8(0(*
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2015, 02:17:15 PM »
It has been mentioned many times that while employing the best lawyers the McCanns have again and again managed to hire detectives who were either incompetent, dishonest or both.

First we had Metido3 who, amongst other faux pas, claimed they would have Madeleine home by Christmas. It would now also appear that not only were they obtaining money fraudulently from the fund but they lied about how many detectives they had investigating the disappearance and failed to take or follow up information obtained through their hotline.

The McCanns, latterly, were informed of the fraudulently obtained money yet choose to do nothing about it, citing SY's investigation as the reason. Of course this absolutely flies in the face of a claim by their spokesman last week that the McCanns ' would do everything to help the authorities' in the wake of the fraud revelations.

Then, of course, we had Oakley International and their charismatic director Halligen who not only failed to follow up information left on their hotline but was paid, it is reported, over half a million pounds for doing so. The McCanns, yet again, took no action. This time the reason is a mystery.

Finely of course we had Edgar and Cowley who, we were told in the court in Lisbon, had access to only the parts of the official files the McCanns wanted them to have access to and were themselves the subject of a Daily Mail exclusive in which it was revealed that prior to the infamous 'Victoria Beckham' press conference in which a businessman was allegedly asked while at a Barcelona marina if he had brought a woman's new daughter, the pair had made no relevant investigations at the site of the alleged incident.

Are the McCanns simply unlucky ?  Did they fail to follow up the fraudulent activity of both Halligen and Metodo3 because they feared the bad publicity or are their actions a sign of something more sinister and why, when it is undeniable that metodo3, Halligen and Edgar/Cowley severely hampered the search for Madeleine, they have chosen to pursue only Amaral for, it seems, unproven damage ?
In what ways have Metodo 3, Halligen, Edgar and Cowley severely hampered the search for Madeleine?

stephen25000

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2015, 02:20:47 PM »

8)--))

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2015, 02:21:02 PM »
I can think of no good reason why the McCanns would deliberately employ individuals intent on ripping them off, so perhaps you could shed some light on what you think might be the sinister reasons they had for doing so?
Somebody? Anybody?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »

Never mind, Love.  It's a shit job, as no doubt you have realised  I thought it was going to be easy in the beginning. 
And who knows what anyone actually means when it comes to deciding?

For myself, a trip to a distillery is looking increasingly like a good idea.

But to pay lip service to The Topic.  We don't actually know if some of them were Dodgy.

Oh, I gedd it.  A Piss Up in a Brewery.  Perhaps Stephen should have said that.  I wouldn't have deleted that.  But you might have done.  Each to his own.  Moderating around here is Autonomous most of the time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2015, 02:39:21 PM »
so the sceptics are suggesting the mccanns deliberately hired incompetents to search for maddie. Brian Kennedy was responsible for M3.....so why would he spend millions of his own money to hire inept detectives...is he another one who is "in on it"...the idea...like most of the sceptic ideas... is totally ridiculous

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2015, 03:09:20 PM »
so the sceptics are suggesting the mccanns deliberately hired incompetents to search for maddie. Brian Kennedy was responsible for M3.....so why would he spend millions of his own money to hire inept detectives...is he another one who is "in on it"...the idea...like most of the sceptic ideas... is totally ridiculous

Who knows how daft Brian Kennedy is?  Not very, I suspect.  But then this case is largely unprecedented.  Every bloody thing can be misinterpreted.
Or is this just what happened at The Village Pump?  Probably, because a lot of innocent people came to grief.

Halligen was proven to be dodgy, but even he didn't get away with that much because Brian Kennedy cottoned on long before it was common knowledge.  So, apart from him, none of the look dodgy to me.  Unless anyone can come up with recorded Cites.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2015, 03:49:31 PM »
There are thing you can do before hiring private detectives, many law firms hire them and I'm sure they could have advised the Fund on how to find reputable ones;

Jo Pizzala;
‘I would ask if they were ISO-registered, had Edexcel accreditation, had undertaken Skills for Security training and had passed their Criminal Records Bureau checks. I would want confirmation that they were solvent and their staff were experienced at giving evidence in court. Do they have fraud capabilities and undertake corporate investigations? Do members of staff have ongoing training in the latest technologies and techniques? For that matter, does the firm regularly update its equipment?’

your best option is to hire an ABI member,’ Robertson replies. ‘The Law Society of England and Wales, and the Law Society of Scotland have both endorsed the ABI.’

Gavin Robertson, a former Metropolitan Police detective superintendent and now a member of the Association of British Investigators (ABI);
ABI membership is a one-stop shop,’ says Robertson. ‘To become a member they have to undergo a criminal records bureau and financial probity check. They have to pass an entrance examination to prove their competence and have professional indemnity insurance. They are also regulated by the ABI code of practice and disciplinary code, which in turn are independently adjudicated by a solicitor appointed for the task.’
http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/practice/how-to-hire-a-private-investigator/5040588.fullarticle
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2015, 03:53:46 PM »
There are thing you can do before hiring private detectives, many law firms hire them and I'm sure they could have advised the Fund on how to find reputable ones;

Jo Pizzala;
‘I would ask if they were ISO-registered, had Edexcel accreditation, had undertaken Skills for Security training and had passed their Criminal Records Bureau checks. I would want confirmation that they were solvent and their staff were experienced at giving evidence in court. Do they have fraud capabilities and undertake corporate investigations? Do members of staff have ongoing training in the latest technologies and techniques? For that matter, does the firm regularly update its equipment?’

your best option is to hire an ABI member,’ Robertson replies. ‘The Law Society of England and Wales, and the Law Society of Scotland have both endorsed the ABI.’

Gavin Robertson, a former Metropolitan Police detective superintendent and now a member of the Association of British Investigators (ABI);
ABI membership is a one-stop shop,’ says Robertson. ‘To become a member they have to undergo a criminal records bureau and financial probity check. They have to pass an entrance examination to prove their competence and have professional indemnity insurance. They are also regulated by the ABI code of practice and disciplinary code, which in turn are independently adjudicated by a solicitor appointed for the task.’
http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/practice/how-to-hire-a-private-investigator/5040588.fullarticle

But The McCanns couldn't hire a British Firm.  So they chose one as close to Portugal as they could get.

What is the problem with this.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2015, 04:14:17 PM »
But The McCanns couldn't hire a British Firm.  So they chose one as close to Portugal as they could get.

What is the problem with this.

Oakley International was US registered as a manufacturer of search and navigation equipment. Alpha Investigations Group was a two-man band registered in the UK. In all three cases Brian Kennedy seems to have been the driving force behind finding and hiring all the PI Firms. Perhaps the McCanns and the Fund just assumed he had carried out the necessary checks.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2015, 04:27:49 PM »
Oakley International was US registered as a manufacturer of search and navigation equipment. Alpha Investigations Group was a two-man band registered in the UK. In all three cases Brian Kennedy seems to have been the driving force behind finding and hiring all the PI Firms. Perhaps the McCanns and the Fund just assumed he had carried out the necessary checks.

I expect that they did, as he was.  But where does this leave The McCanns as being culpable?  Which they are not.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2015, 04:33:20 PM »
We don't know who was paying the bills for these PI's.
"He who pays the piper and all that............."
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2015, 05:21:35 PM »
quite.  I'd love to hear a "sceptic"s rational and logical explanation for this...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2015, 05:43:11 PM »
I expect that they did, as he was.  But where does this leave The McCanns as being culpable?  Which they are not.

The McCanns were perhaps being naive again. The Fund however, was supposed to be manned by knowledgeable people. Were they actively involved in decision making or just there to rubber-stamp the McCann's expenditure? The only decision I have seen them make on the record was the one not to pay for the Mccann's legal defence when they came under suspicion.
Result = happy posting.