Author Topic: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.  (Read 63416 times)

stephen25000

Re: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2016, 09:27:35 PM »
I'll take it then that this gang operating nowhere near The Algarve did not nick any kids, as you can't come up with any cites.
I said "very interesting" in my earlier post on the basis I find it "very interesting" you persist with pieces such as this that have no practical link to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
Why would anyone be surprised at criminal gangs operating along The Algarve ?. With a large itinerant population there are plenty of pickings, there's plenty of resident dosh floating around and one suspects opportunities for contraband. The surprise to anyone who has been round the block more than once would be the absence of criminal gangs with a finger in the pie in such a setting.

Indeed, a totally irrelevant thread, and done to divert.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2016, 09:31:45 PM »
There are criminal gangs in every country in the world.

In the case of this particular criminal gang in Portugal ... a country which is popular with Brits ... the intriguing aspect is the active involvement of serving and retired law enforcement officers.

Had one not made a name for himself in other cases we would never have heard of the heinous crimes of which the gang stand accused.
He really should have known much better than to interfere in football ... that really does appear to have been a step too far.
Lisbon.  Not the Algarve.
What's up, old man?

Offline misty

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2016, 10:07:26 PM »
Never forget that PPC was one of the head honchos of APCD Portugal http://www.ap-cd.pt/pages/home-page and refused to add Madeleine's name to the list of children missing in Portugal during his tenure, citing the suspicion of the parents as his reason for rejection.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2016, 10:16:28 PM »
If you would care to take a quick look at the thread title you might notice that it refers to the exploits of Paulo Pereira Cristóvão.

The involvement of former senior and serving law enforcement officers in serious crime is in my opinion a lot more than "interesting" or "unsurprising".

Well stap me Featherstonehaugh you don't say.
You've been peddling this geezer for a long time now. The question is to what end. In the Navy at one time it was called "laying smoke".

Come on humour a simpleton just what is your point?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2016, 11:09:58 PM »
Lisbon.  Not the Algarve.

The criminal gang under discussion is a criminal gang whose members include the former prominent member of the Policia Judiciaria, Paulo Pereira Cristóvão ... as well as serving officers ...  was active in Portugal.

Perhaps a bit naive to imagine they might not have had contacts and wide ranging enterprises throughout Portugal and beyond.

I doubt the criminality was confined to a particular region ... but that is a matter for the Portuguese authorities.

I can see why there are those who prefer that Paulo Pereira Cristóvão should just vanish into obscurity now that he has become such an embarrassment.
However that was not always the case, at one time he was a celebrated persona mainly due to the much admired, in some quarters, book he wrote about Madeleine McCann.  Given what we now know of the criminal nature of the man it perhaps casts a totally different light on the day job and his media career.

"The Internet and missing children - challenges for parents and children" is the title of the next lecture in Vila Real de Santo Antonio. It will be given by Paulo Pereira Cristovao and Goncalo Amaral.

On this occasion, Paulo Pereira Cristovao will also present his latest book, "They took me," inspired by real cases of missing children.

Original Source: O ALGARVE: TUESDAY 16 NOVEMBER 2010
Author: Susan de Sousa
Nov 16, 2010
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/43nov10/O_ALGARVE_16_11-10.htm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2016, 11:16:32 PM »
Well stap me Featherstonehaugh you don't say.
You've been peddling this geezer for a long time now. The question is to what end. In the Navy at one time it was called "laying smoke".

Come on humour a simpleton just what is your point?

Imagine the furore if Jane Tanner was given a parking ticket ... if you can't, your self description might actually be appropriate;  I couldn't possibly pass judgement on that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2016, 11:32:38 PM »
Imagine the furore if Jane Tanner was given a parking ticket ... if you can't, your self description might actually be appropriate;  I couldn't possibly pass judgement on that.

You do frequently, as you have just here and for the usual reason.
So in short you can't offer up any sort of cogent response. You could have said so, it is nothing to
 be embarrassed about.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2016, 11:45:39 PM »

The criminal gang under discussion is a criminal gang whose members include the former prominent member of the Policia Judiciaria, Paulo Pereira Cristóvão ... as well as serving officers ...  was active in Portugal.

Perhaps a bit naive to imagine they might not have had contacts and wide ranging enterprises throughout Portugal and beyond.

I doubt the criminality was confined to a particular region ... but that is a matter for the Portuguese authorities.

I can see why there are those who prefer that Paulo Pereira Cristóvão should just vanish into obscurity now that he has become such an embarrassment.
However that was not always the case, at one time he was a celebrated persona mainly due to the much admired, in some quarters, book he wrote about Madeleine McCann.  Given what we now know of the criminal nature of the man it perhaps casts a totally different light on the day job and his media career.

"The Internet and missing children - challenges for parents and children" is the title of the next lecture in Vila Real de Santo Antonio. It will be given by Paulo Pereira Cristovao and Goncalo Amaral.

On this occasion, Paulo Pereira Cristovao will also present his latest book, "They took me," inspired by real cases of missing children.

Original Source: O ALGARVE: TUESDAY 16 NOVEMBER 2010
Author: Susan de Sousa
Nov 16, 2010
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/43nov10/O_ALGARVE_16_11-10.htm
Lisbon, not the Algarve.  Please cease and desist.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2016, 11:47:09 PM »
You do frequently, as you have just here and for the usual reason.
So in short you can't offer up any sort of cogent response. You could have said so, it is nothing to
 be embarrassed about.

Obviously my response was not to your liking, but nothing new there.  However, I am not obliged to respond to your rudeness which I now find rather tiresome, so please do not be offended should I ignore you in future.

It appears that events have proved and are proving Paulo Pereira Cristóvão to be a criminal of the worst sort.  If you are content to obfuscate that fact, I am not.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2016, 11:51:44 PM »
Obviously my response was not to your liking, but nothing new there.  However, I am not obliged to respond to your rudeness which I now find rather tiresome, so please do not be offended should I ignore you in future.

It appears that events have proved and are proving Paulo Pereira Cristóvão to be a criminal of the worst sort.  If you are content to obfuscate that fact, I am not.

Well poster to poster luv if you don't like the heat keep out of the kitchen. Put me on ignore if you must. It will be some respite at least from your feeble attempts to be this boards answer to Dorothy Parker.
Were you polite I would be similar. Your call.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 11:56:29 PM »
Lisbon, not the Algarve.  Please cease and desist.

Please take your own advice ... I do not require it.

Does it really matter where the head is when the tentacles are ubiquitous?  Paulo Pereira Cristóvão is a criminal of the worst sort ... can you be assured that his activities are confined to one small area within Portugal.

Perhaps you should consider producing proof of that.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2016, 12:02:40 AM »
Well poster to poster luv if you don't like the heat keep out of the kitchen. Put me on ignore if you must. It will be some respite at least from your feeble attempts to be this boards answer to Dorothy Parker.
Were you polite I would be similar. Your call.

Your above post is off topic.

Please confine future posts to ...
Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2016, 12:07:53 AM »
Please take your own advice ... I do not require it.

Does it really matter where the head is when the tentacles are ubiquitous?  Paulo Pereira Cristóvão is a criminal of the worst sort ... can you be assured that his activities are confined to one small area within Portugal.

Perhaps you should consider producing proof of that.
Perhaps you should provide a shred of evidence of criminal gangs trafficking 3 year olds on the Algarve in 2007. In the absence of this, please cease and desist.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2016, 12:15:17 AM »
Perhaps you should provide a shred of evidence of criminal gangs trafficking 3 year olds on the Algarve in 2007. In the absence of this, please cease and desist.

As already pointed out to another member this thread concerns the criminal activities of Paulo Pereira Cristóvão so this is not the thread for the discussion you propose.
Unless you know different?

Offline slartibartfast

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.