Author Topic: McCann's deny claims they are set to cash in on 10th anniversay.  (Read 8315 times)

Alfie

Re: McCann's deny claims they are set to cash in on 10th anniversay.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 02:53:44 PM »
Is this the same cooperation which saw Met officers openly subscribing to the Amaral Defence Fund?
@)(++(* what one sad old ex-cop does with his money in the hopes of hoodwinking the gullible really has no bearing on the co-operation that clearly exists between the Met and the McCanns.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »
No mention of an appeal, but two interviews organised via the Met, looks like the McCanns and the Met are working together on this, not something you'd expect if they were supposed to be suspects who'd been leaking and making up stories for the press for the last few years. 

What cat?  What bag?

Why would the Met get involved in 10th anniversary interviews? Will they still get involved i their funding ends in April?

The story about the McCanns being offered 'loadsa money' for interviews was not well received by commentators. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 04:03:40 PM »
I thought Michell had been laid off?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline jassi

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 04:06:29 PM »
I thought Michell had been laid off?

He had, but given their recent bad publicity he'll need to be back with them full-time.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 04:18:59 PM »
No mention of an appeal, but two interviews organised via the Met, looks like the McCanns and the Met are working together on this, not something you'd expect if they were supposed to be suspects who'd been leaking and making up stories for the press for the last few years. 

What cat?  What bag?

Why would the Met go to the bother of organising these two events?  The McCann's have commemorated each anniversary as it has come along without any input from the Met.

It is remarkable that they appear to be keeping a close eye on the tenth anniversary.  They seem to have adopted control.  Which in my opinion smacks to me of an interest in protecting their investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

One would have wondered why that would be necessary in a case in which they had gone as far as they could and were in the process of winding down.
Whereas if the investigation had progressed to a very sensitive point ... the Met's response would make a great deal of sense.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 05:43:51 PM »
You know what they say.  Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline barrier

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 08:46:25 PM »
The couple are considering two pooled interviews in Britain, one for print through the country’s national agency Press Association and one for broadcasters.

Both are being organised through Scotland Yard, Mitchell explained. He said: “There will be no fee.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2876843/kate-gerry-mccann-cashing-in-anniversary-maddies-disappearance/

Since when have Scotland Yard charged for interviews.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »
The couple are considering two pooled interviews in Britain, one for print through the country’s national agency Press Association and one for broadcasters.

Both are being organised through Scotland Yard, Mitchell explained. He said: “There will be no fee.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2876843/kate-gerry-mccann-cashing-in-anniversary-maddies-disappearance/
That is interesting that SY want to be involved.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2017, 11:39:23 PM »
Since when have Scotland Yard charged for interviews.

I truly do not understand what point you are attempting to make.

Scotland Yard are organising both the events in which Madeleine McCann's parents will be giving interviews.  These are events commemorating the tenth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance.  These are the only events commemorating the anniversary in which Madeleine's parents will participate.

Hateful people have made the nonsensical accusation that the McCanns are cashing in on their daughter's disappearance and using tenth anniversaries media appearances to do so.

It has therefore been made necessary to rebut that accusation.

They are not ... and they never have cashed in on their daughter's disappearance.  There are however honourable men who do.  Who also appear to be beyond criticism for doing so.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2017, 11:55:44 PM »
That is interesting that SY want to be involved.

The involvement of Scotland Yard at what is a heart rending time for Madeleine McCann's parents makes gives a focus on what exactly such appearances are all about.  Madeleine.

Madeleine's case is still active and hopefully may yet reach a satisfactory conclusion.

If the Met are involved in organising the only events in which her parents will participate there is a significance to that.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 12:09:18 AM »
The involvement of Scotland Yard at what is a heart rending time for Madeleine McCann's parents makes gives a focus on what exactly such appearances are all about.  Madeleine.

Madeleine's case is still active and hopefully may yet reach a satisfactory conclusion.

If the Met are involved in organising the only events in which her parents will participate there is a significance to that.

I await the next few months with interest.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 12:20:10 AM »
I await the next few months with interest.

I await with hope.

Alfie

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 12:40:57 AM »
Why would the Met get involved in 10th anniversary interviews? Will they still get involved i their funding ends in April?

The story about the McCanns being offered 'loadsa money' for interviews was not well received by commentators.
The Met are involved in a long running investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, that's possibly why.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 07:33:02 AM »
The Met are involved in a long running investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, that's possibly why.

That's not a reason to do something which, as far as we know, they've never done before.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2017, 08:33:30 AM »
That's not a reason to do something which, as far as we know, they've never done before.

They do in active cases.

As Alfie said, "The Met are involved in a long running investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, that's possibly why."

Their involvement in these two interviews only became apparent when the erroneous rumours were put about that Madeleine's parents were set to capitalise from her disappearance.  Yet again deflecting from their important work in publicising Madeleine's disappearance ... a continuation of ten years of false accusation and opprobrium directed at the McCanns.