Author Topic: Could Smithman have hid Madeleine only to return later?  (Read 15479 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Could Smithman have hid Madeleine only to return later?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 01:17:47 AM »
Not a guy of Pfinders Smithman stature, I think.  He has a deep chest.

The biggest gap that I noticed was around the green bin, but not big enough I think ... and what dates images are we looking at anyway?

I will be frank, I have never laid a bloke flat and measured the depth of his chest, but being a figure drawing  "artist" I am unusually observant to body shape.  Gerry is well made and has a deep chest.
Here is the biggest undergap (Aug 2009)  https://goo.gl/maps/iV2Nk

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 01:20:46 AM »
Don't be silly.

No-one in the Smith family was able to describe the features of the man they said they saw ... so how on earth could their sighting confirm your fixation that it was someone who was elsewhere at the time they have identified.

That is only one piece of the puzzle. His watch is the biggest Columbo mistake!

"The careful and critical analysis of the timeline has been absolutely key." (SY)
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 01:23:15 AM »
Here is the biggest undergap (Aug 2009)  https://goo.gl/maps/iV2Nk
Soz Pegasus, I haven't got the right set up on my computer to open that.

Must get to bed now.  Hubby is poorly and I think I might be awakened a lot during the night.

Nigh Night all

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 01:27:00 AM »
If Aoife could see buttons ... she would have spotted a bag.

There was no bag passing the Smiths. That was the second move to keep an alibi.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 01:30:27 AM »
If Aoife could see buttons ... she would have spotted a bag.
Precisely. So at the time the man passes the Smith party, where is pathfinder's now empty bag?

Offline Admin

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 01:36:53 AM »
Soz Pegasus, I haven't got the right set up on my computer to open that.

Must get to bed now.  Hubby is poorly and I think I might be awakened a lot during the night.

Nigh Night all

Sorry to hear that Sadie, hope he gets better soon.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 01:41:22 AM »
There was no bag passing the Smiths. That was the second move to keep an alibi.

Can't you see how ridiculous it is to suggest that the man who already had an alibi and didn't know he might need one would be running around like a headless chicken trying to establish one.

You have based your whole theory on a very flawed statement made by Mr Smith and later withdrawn, unfortunately not with the huge fanfare in fantasy land the first had.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 01:46:05 AM »
Mr Smith withdrew no statement
better not to lie Brie
Night now chum!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:09:06 AM by mercury »

Offline Brietta

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 03:15:12 AM »
?

withdrew no statement as I said
no evidence

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 09:44:47 AM »
Can't you see how ridiculous it is to suggest that the man who already had an alibi and didn't know he might need one would be running around like a headless chicken trying to establish one.

You have based your whole theory on a very flawed statement made by Mr Smith and later withdrawn, unfortunately not with the huge fanfare in fantasy land the first had.

No it's not it's based on the statements and evidence like moving doors and abnormal behaviour. The best time to do it once it turned dark was when they were all present at the table ordering from the menu i.e. around 9pm. Matt had just checked so there was no need for another straight after. If found in bushes close to the crime scene time since death could be established and that could incriminate so a second move was needed further away to a good hiding place and it worked because she wasn't found. And Peggy you would never leave a bag with a body in bushes that could incriminate yourself.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 10:17:07 AM by Eleanor »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 10:06:37 AM »
No it's not it's based on the statements and evidence like moving doors and abnormal behaviour. The best time to do it once it turned dark was when they were all present at the table ordering from the menu i.e. around 9pm. Matt had just checked so there was no need for another straight after. If found in bushes close to the crime scene time since death could be established and that could incriminate so a second move was needed further away to a good hiding place and it worked because she wasn't found. And Peggy you would never leave a bag with a body in bushes that could incriminate yourself.

How can you possibly differentiate between normal and abnormal behaviour?  All you know of these people is as a result of a highly abnormal occurrence which was life changing for all concerned.

Mr Amaral's hypothesis involves "accidental death".

Why on earth would the reaction to finding a dead child be to immediately plot to hide her little body in a place where they were strangers and didn't know of 'a good hiding place'.

Nor unfortunately for the hypothesis did they have a local contact willing to collude in storing a child's body in a freezer for an indeterminate period.

How the perpetrator of the crime against Madeleine must have been laughing himself silly at all the shenanigans  desperately being conducted to implicate her parents and giving him an eight year breathing space ... and if he had been lucky enough a lifetime's get out of jail free card.

Bet there are people in Portugal feeling a bit hot under the collar now that the spotlight has been swung in the appropriate direction at long last.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 10:17:31 AM by Eleanor »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 10:16:40 AM »
This is what I did. The timeline is KEY.

"The careful and critical analysis of the timeline has been absolutely key." (SY)

Online Eleanor

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 10:25:47 AM »

So Gerry and Kate went to dinner quite normally, and then Gerry nips off to hide the body, but only briefly.  And then he nips off again right way during the search, to hide it where?
And then they wait for three weeks before hiring a car to move the body somewhere else?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 10:36:31 AM »
This is what I did. The timeline is KEY.

The mere fact that Scotland Yard took the time to analyse the known timeline of events - somehow managing to cope with 'inconsistencies' et al in the process - should lead one to consider that the SY statement that neither Madeleine's parents nor friends are persons of interest as a result is well worth bearing in mind.

Particularly as they are working in liaison with the Polícia Judiciária, who also have no interest in parents or friends as a result of their separate review.

Both professional policing agencies appear to show a glaring disregard for smithman and all his works as they follow a divergent process from you as to what may constitute lines of inquiry worth investigation.