Author Topic: Smithman's route from apartment 5a to the beach according to Pathfinder.  (Read 42823 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Smithman's route from apartment 5a to the beach according to Pathfinder.
« Reply #285 on: September 01, 2015, 10:37:15 PM »
Yes  you are right I do have some depth of thought, thanks sooo much for acknowledging the possibility/probability

Unfortunately the depth can't quite grasp the notion of moving and colour changing bins as some sign to "go ahead and abduct" or "go ahead and walk down the road" etc etc

it is laughable at bloody best

It was a rubbish bin

You might be thinking of million dollar bank heists and abduction of royalty members NOT a normal 3 year old from an ordinary family!!!

A rubbish bin positioned where no-body walks?  Right adjacent to an unfenced  [?]6' drop.   Very convenient, aint it?  And very safe for kiddies to go and put their ice lolly sticks in.

Why didn't they position it in a safer place at the bottom of the steps up leaving the beach?  Where people would gladly use it.

My bet is that stranger things than bins will have been used historically as markers.    That might have been marking a smugglers tunnel; we dont know

Offline mercury

« Reply #286 on: September 01, 2015, 10:58:29 PM »
Ok!

@)(++(*

Whatever you say mustt be right........not

Offline pegasus

« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2015, 02:40:15 AM »
There are a few photos of Pathfinder's rocky area on 9th May.

Offline Lace

« Reply #288 on: September 02, 2015, 09:36:57 AM »
That would weigh about a tonne. Stands a chance someone would notices the crane, appointed person and rigger.

*&*%£

Offline Carana

« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2015, 10:35:12 AM »
Low tide on the night of the 3* May 2007 was at 2200hrs at 2m. The
maximum amount of beach would be accessible including the rocky outcrop.
High tide on the 4n May 2007 was at 0415hrs at 3.1 m. This would mean that
from 0200hrs onwards half the eastern part of the beach would be submerged
and so access to the rocky outcrop impossible on foot.

Therefore if someone deposited a body into the sea, on the night of M
McCann's disappearance, from the beach the optimum time window for full
access to the whole beach and rocky outcrop was between 2200hrs and
0200hrs.
This time window would also be the optimum time for burial in the
sand, not withstanding the digability study limitations previously described.

The optimum time to throw a body from the top of the diff into the sea would
be between 0200hrs and 0400hrs
as the sea would be at the cliffs edge.
Conversely this would not be the optimum time window for a beach burial.

(...)

In conclusion there is no intelligence spe?ic to this case or generic datasets
that support a scenario of beach burial. Additionally the digability study and
coastal dynamics of the Praia Da Luz beach further limit this as a viable
scenario. However should further assurance be required I would suggest a
limited inspection around the rock falls at the base of the cliffs' on the beach
and the waters around the rocky outcrop to the east of the beach.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARK_HARRISON.htm

Did police divers ever check around the Rocha Negra area?

If someone with the Kindle version could help as I don't have the book to hand... In Kate's book, she mentions a lady who'd told her that she'd spotted headlights (?) heading up unusually high on the night, but either Kate or the lady had been told that it was probably a GNR car involved in the search.

What would make GNR officers think that a child could have wandered up there that night?

I haven't found anything to suggest that the GNR did go up there that night, so what was that about?

Offline Benice

« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2015, 11:03:48 AM »

0200hrs.

(...)

limited inspection around the rock falls at the base of the cliffs' on the beach

If someone with the Kindle version could help as I don't have the book to hand... In Kate's book, she mentions a lady who'd told her that she'd spotted headlights (?) heading up unusually high on the night, but either Kate or the lady had been told that it was probably a GNR car involved in the search.

What would make GNR officers think that a child could have wandered up there that night?

I haven't found anything to suggest that the GNR did go up there that night, so what was that about?

This is the extract from Kate's book Carana -  (pages 85/86)

''A lady from an apartment across Rua Dr Gentil Martins, overlooking our little side gate, came over to speak to us.   She said that the previous night she had see a car going up the Rocha Negra - the black volcanic cliff that dominates the village.  There was a track leading to the Rocha Negra but nobody remembered ever having noticed any vehicle that far up in the daytime, let alone at night.  It immediately conjured visions of Madeleine being disposed of somewhere on the overhanging cliff.   I went to tell on the police officers who was able to speak a little English.  He was quite dismissive.  It would have been one of the GNR men checking the area, he said.''
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Anna

« Reply #291 on: September 02, 2015, 11:42:13 AM »

0200hrs.

(...)

Not sure what your looking for,Carana.
Kate said that a lady who lived across the road and overlooked their little gate had told her that she saw a car driving up Negra Rocha on that night which was unusual in daytime let alone night/.
Kate told a GNR officer who said it was probably the GNR, but wasn’t really interested.

I believe a couple of the OC staff went searching in a car around the beach area, but cant remember who.

Excerpts:
After this, at about 08.00 the three search and rescue sniffer dog teams (Silva with Timmy, Cortez with Sacha and Sousa with Kolly and Cookie) who had arrived at the site, began searching, leaving the resort in the direction of the beach.

During the entire morning, searches were made of the beach and rocks, from Rocha Negra to the area of Ponta da Gaviota (an approximate area of 2 km). During the morning searches were also made of the areas surrounding Praia da Luz, with a radius of about 300 metres, as well as some abandoned houses, wells and plots of land inside P da L.

After an evaluation of the situation in the field, it was decided to request two more search and rescue sniffer dogs from the GNR Queluz station, given the extent of the terrain to be searched, whilst the hypothesis that the girl could have left the apartment on foot was not discarded.

During the afternoon of 4th May, more searches were carried out around Vila da Luz and were extended to a radius of approximately 600 metres, including the surroundings of the EN125 in the stretch closed to P da L.

At about 23.00 the extra teams that had been requested for reinforcement arrived (Officer Rosa with Oscar and Officer Martins with Fusco, both from the search and rescue unit and Officer Fernandes with Rex and Zarus from the tracking team).
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic11.html

Open Area to East of Praia Da Luz.

This open area between the village urban limits and the Boavista golf club to the east and includes a plateau on which sits a trig point and mobile phone mast.
This area has been previously searched by officers and dogs walking through the area to check for Madeleine McCann's visible remains. However considering the new scenario of Homicide and concealed deposition this area affords many opportunities to dispose of a body. Within this area there are old empty properties, wells, thick vegetation, pockets of soft sand and natural fissures in the cliffs. Whilst there is no intelligence she is buried or concealed in this land it would be a natural place an offender may choose dose to the Village using the least effort principle. A proportionate response may therefore be considered to conduct a search of this area using a team of Victim Recovery Dogs (VRD) that are specifically trained to located concealed human remains.

Prior to undertaking this task it would be beneficial to consult with a Forensic Anthropologist with knowledge of this region of Portugal to give opinion as to the likely state of any remains to be found. Further research could also be conducted with regards to the natural scavenging predators in the area.

An inhibiting factor is that since the disappearance of the child an old empty house adjacent to the Trig Point on the Rocha Negra has been demolished and all rubble removed, If she was concealed within this property the search would be unlikely to detect her now.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post861.html#p861
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Carana

« Reply #292 on: September 02, 2015, 12:34:44 PM »

This is the extract from Kate's book Carana -  (pages 85/86)

''A lady from an apartment across Rua Dr Gentil Martins, overlooking our little side gate, came over to speak to us.   She said that the previous night she had see a car going up the Rocha Negra - the black volcanic cliff that dominates the village.  There was a track leading to the Rocha Negra but nobody remembered ever having noticed any vehicle that far up in the daytime, let alone at night.  It immediately conjured visions of Madeleine being disposed of somewhere on the overhanging cliff.   I went to tell on the police officers who was able to speak a little English.  He was quite dismissive.  It would have been one of the GNR men checking the area, he said.''

Thanks Anna... That was what I was thinking of. Which night would the lady have been referring to? If it was the night of 4/5 then that would seem more LESS unusual than on 3/4.

ETA: Sorry, I meant less rather than more.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:01:25 PM by Carana »

Offline Anna

« Reply #293 on: September 02, 2015, 12:49:46 PM »
It was Jeronimo that I was thinking of....Could have been his car/van that drove up the hill.

my cousin, Miguel, and I went in a Mark Warner vehicle to search a beach zone which included a construction site. Again, we did not see any signs of the child and after a telephone we returned to the Tapas.

At this point more people were at the location, including residents of Praia da Luz. A man named Matt who owned a club in the locale, seemed to now be the operational front. A big part of our group was sent to the beach; we formed a sort of human extension cord in our searches. We finally returned to the Tapas around 04H00. We were sent home at the time.

I do not know when the police were called but the first time I saw them was around 23h00-23h00 that night.

Since Madeleine’s disappearance, I have seen her picture many times in the media, but I cannot honestly affirm that I remember seeing her in person before the disappearance from the Ocean Club. There were many children and I never paid much attention to any of them.

I stayed in Praia da Luz working in the Tapas until the end of July 2007, at which time I returned to the U.K.

This statement was made by me and is true in accordance with my understanding.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic9-40.html
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato