Author Topic: ECHR urge McCanns to reach friendly settlement with Gonçalo Amaral.  (Read 24647 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

MADELEINE McCann's parents have been asked to reach a “friendly settlement” in their legal row over a book, it has been reported.

The European Court Of Human Rights is said to have urged Kate and Gerry McCann to come to an agreement due to a backlog of cases.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14472108/madeleine-mccann-parents-friendly-settlement/

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 05:50:49 PM by Admin »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Eleanor

Re: ECHR urge McCanns to reach friendly settlement with Gonçalo Amaral.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 10:37:28 AM »
MADELEINE McCann's parents have been asked to reach a “friendly settlement” in their legal row over a book, it has been reported.

The European Court Of Human Rights is said to have urged Kate and Gerry McCann to come to an agreement due to a backlog of cases.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14472108/madeleine-mccann-parents-friendly-settlement/

What is this supposed to signify?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 05:51:17 PM by Admin »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 10:52:13 AM »

I thought this was nothing to do with Amaral?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 05:51:34 PM by Admin »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 11:40:10 AM »
What is this supposed to signify?

Who knows?
Who by?

I suggest that the Sun are confused about the function of the ECHR .
Alternatively, they  could have been mis-directed by someone to conceal  rejection of the case by the ECHR.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 11:48:04 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 01:09:22 PM »
Who knows?
Who by?

I suggest that the Sun are confused about the function of the ECHR .
Alternatively, they  could have been mis-directed by someone to conceal  rejection of the case by the ECHR.

It's part of the process for the ECHR to suggest the parties reach a friendly settlement. It's not unusual in applications where well-established case law already exists. 

At the same time as a case is communicated to the respondent government, the European Court will write to the parties to inform them that the Court is at the parties’ disposal for the purpose of securing a friendly settlement and inviting proposals from either party (Rule 62¹§1 of the Rules of Court). The Court will usually set a time limit for any proposals.
https://www.echr.am/en/functions/representation/friendly-settlements.html#:~:text=It%20is%20an%20agreement%20between,an%20undertaking%20by%20the%20respondent
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 01:26:36 PM »
It's part of the process for the ECHR to suggest the parties reach a friendly settlement. It's not unusual in applications where well-established case law already exists. 

At the same time as a case is communicated to the respondent government, the European Court will write to the parties to inform them that the Court is at the parties’ disposal for the purpose of securing a friendly settlement and inviting proposals from either party (Rule 62¹§1 of the Rules of Court). The Court will usually set a time limit for any proposals.
https://www.echr.am/en/functions/representation/friendly-settlements.html#:~:text=It%20is%20an%20agreement%20between,an%20undertaking%20by%20the%20respondent

OK, thanks.
Presumably between McCann & Portugal, so still misleading reporting by the Sun.

And if it's normal procedure, why should 'friend of the family' be so surprised ?

Or maybe not -

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 01:33:36 PM »
OK, thanks.
Presumably between McCann & Portugal, so still misleading reporting by the Sun.

And if it's normal procedure, why should 'friend of the family' be so surprised ?
Perhaps they're not as genned up on European Law as the experts on this forum?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 01:37:58 PM »

Davel?  He's the only one who seems to know anything about this.

When can we expect his pearls of wisdom then.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2021, 02:50:52 PM »

The Sun journalist or the 'friend'? Neither have any excuse for ignorance in my opinion.

I would expect the McCanns' lawyers to know that the ECHR were encouraging friendly settlements and to have informed them of it. A friend should have known, therefore, that the request was not 'extraordinary' at all.

The Sun journalists are clinging to the idea that Amaral will be paid £ 750,000 in compensation, although no evidence of that has ever been offered by them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2021, 03:03:13 PM »
The Sun journalist or the 'friend'? Neither have any excuse for ignorance in my opinion.

I would expect the McCanns' lawyers to know that the ECHR were encouraging friendly settlements and to have informed them of it. A friend should have known, therefore, that the request was not 'extraordinary' at all.

The Sun journalists are clinging to the idea that Amaral will be paid £ 750,000 in compensation, although no evidence of that has ever been offered by them.
So, can I ask - before today did you know all about these "friendly settlements"?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2021, 03:04:50 PM »
When can we expect his pearls of wisdom then.
Aww, you're missing him, I can tell.  He hasn't logged on since yesterday so you'll simply have to be patient.

Offline barrier

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2021, 03:10:44 PM »
How come the sun know then.

There is a requirement of strict confidentiality in respect
of friendly-settlement negotiations under Rule 62 § 2, and any proposals or submissions in this regard
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2021, 03:11:44 PM »
Aww, you're missing him, I can tell.  He hasn't logged on since yesterday so you'll simply have to be patient.

One thing you'll never be successful at.