Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1352872 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #720 on: December 28, 2013, 08:19:50 PM »
I thought we were talking about press articles and who they put the blame on....ie bungling police etc not readers comments....

Well the press are addressing a readership...

Just making the point that I don't believe this type of spin - if that is what these recent articles are - is going to work in the McCanns' favour.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:21:32 PM by Sherlock Holmes »

Redblossom

« Reply #721 on: December 28, 2013, 08:34:26 PM »
Well the press are addressing a readership...

Just making the point that I don't believe this type of spin - if that is what these recent articles are - is going to work in the McCanns' favour.

OK but I dont like to see things as going in the mccanns favour or not...just want facts not favours......
Its pathetic...Nd in redwoods own words...this has gone on too long...wise man....

drummer

« Reply #722 on: December 28, 2013, 08:39:57 PM »
If Amaral had seen fit to visit the crime scene maybe we would have more facts,  he didn't interview the parents, didn't visit the crime scene, heard everything second hand. He could even  be classed as an armchair detective like the rest of us.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #723 on: December 28, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »

I think we're beyond this now, SH. The time of pros and [ censored word] has gone.
People who are still interested in this case want to understand.

Lyall

« Reply #724 on: December 28, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »
If Amaral had seen fit to visit the crime scene maybe we would have more facts,  he didn't interview the parents, didn't visit the crime scene, heard everything second hand. He could even  be classed as an armchair detective like the rest of us.

That was his job?

He wasn't Inspector Morse 8(>((

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #725 on: December 28, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
Surely a slight exaggeration, Drummer

I would call myself an armchair detective....

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #726 on: December 28, 2013, 08:47:48 PM »
I think we're beyond this now, SH. The time of pros and [ censored word] has gone.
People who are still interested in this case want to understand.

Hope that's right!

drummer

« Reply #727 on: December 28, 2013, 08:53:42 PM »
What exactly was his role in this case? At the beginning he was Portugal's best cop, lead detective, chief investigator, infact he was portrayed than being whiter than white. Wrote a book took the credit and the cash until his own character was revealed as not being totally unflawed. Now he is a bit player. Laughable really.

Redblossom

« Reply #728 on: December 28, 2013, 08:54:20 PM »

Dont be so silly

How many uk dcis get on the ground.. Stupid

When all else fails blame amaral LOL this silly sausage of a defence failed yonks ago......keep up darling
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:56:17 PM by Redblossom »

drummer

« Reply #729 on: December 28, 2013, 08:58:23 PM »
Not blaming him Red, just an observation.

SH , thought we just all were armchair detectives until I read the definition of one. Seems Amaral is too.

Lyall

« Reply #730 on: December 28, 2013, 09:00:14 PM »
What exactly was his role in this case? At the beginning he was Portugal's best cop, lead detective, chief investigator, infact he was portrayed than being whiter than white. Wrote a book took the credit and the cash until his own character was revealed as not being totally unflawed. Now he is a bit player. Laughable really.

You think so?

He is now pretty famous. There may well be other books or projects using his name one day. In English.

drummer

« Reply #731 on: December 28, 2013, 09:00:33 PM »
Dont be so silly

How many uk dcis get on the ground.. Stupid

When all else fails blame amaral LOL this silly sausage of a defence failed yonks ago......keep up darling

Why are you addressing me as Darling?

Redblossom

« Reply #732 on: December 28, 2013, 09:03:11 PM »
Not blaming him Red, just an observation.

SH , thought we just all were armchair detectives until I read the definition of one. Seems Amaral is too.

No of course you not blaming him, its ok i understand lol

drummer

« Reply #733 on: December 28, 2013, 09:05:19 PM »
You think so?

He is now pretty famous. There may well be other books or projects using his name one day. In English.

pretty infamous imo. Do you think he would ever be employed by any legal profession again?

Offline John

« Reply #734 on: December 28, 2013, 09:08:20 PM »

You obviously don't understand the police hierarchy drummer but then nobody would expect you to.  Dr Gonçalo Amaral rose to one of the highest echelons of the Portuguese police through his successes.  To say that he was in some way a bit player is both false and disingenuous.  He was the coordinator of detectives in both the Cipriano and the McCann cases.  As the name implies, his job was to coordinate those beneath him.  He was not required to go out on the ground looking for clues or to interrogate anyone.

Dr Amaral rose to the equivalent of Detective Chief Superintendent which is one post short of Assistant Chief Constable if you want an equivalent in UK terms.  As such he was a very senior officer.

It is true that his career has been tarnished by the civil case brought against him by his brother and the fallout from the Cipriano beatings.  I am quite sure he regrets both these events as they contributed to his demise and eventual exit from the police.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:17:20 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.