Author Topic: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.  (Read 218649 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.
« Reply #600 on: April 09, 2020, 12:28:36 AM »

We broke 10 days of self-isolation to stock up at our Pingo Doce supermarket in Lagos today.  In truth, it was a bit of a non-event.

There was a Q to get in (self-distancing), plus Qs at the butchers, the bread counter, the fish counter and the checkouts. But everything was fully stocked and all the folks were being really nice and helpful to each other.  No panic buying in sight.  Nobody coughing.  Everyone well spaced.  Quite pleasant if truth be told.

Another thing I did today was I trawled through the memory card on my camera, to free up some space. Below is one I'm not getting rid of.  It is Gonçalo in March 2018 when he arrived at our house.

You can see on the LHS the travel cage we bought when we got him.  It's obvious he fitted inside easily.

Two years on and he is now roughly the length (height) and weight that Madeleine was when she disappeared - about 1m long and he weighs 13kg.  He does not fit in that travel cot anymore.

Try passing him through the window of 5A only if your back is made of steel.  Try carrying him in the Tannerman crane position only if you have lost your marbles.  If Smithman carried Lally from 5A to the Smithman sighting, then we are looking for a young and strong perpetrator.

Lally says WOOF from the Algarve.
What's up, old man?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #601 on: April 09, 2020, 10:47:35 AM »

What a dear looking dog.  But I ever was stupid about dogs.  Well, not that stupid actually.  I just can't live without one, no matter how awful.

I haven't been out for more than three weeks now so I don't have much idea of what is going on.  Oh Joy.  I have always hated shopping.

And I think that Lally is a lovely name.

In France all dogs are registered by the letter of the alphabet of the year in which they are born.  Hence O'Connor.  I think it must have been last ditch because, let's face it, this is hardly a name for a German Sausage Dog.  I simply screech "Connor" at him when he is being dreadful yet again.

But what a rotten little sweetie he is.  I think I might have been suckered.

Offline sadie

« Reply #602 on: May 17, 2020, 03:40:16 PM »
What a dear looking dog.  But I ever was stupid about dogs.  Well, not that stupid actually.  I just can't live without one, no matter how awful.

I haven't been out for more than three weeks now so I don't have much idea of what is going on.  Oh Joy.  I have always hated shopping.

And I think that Lally is a lovely name.

In France all dogs are registered by the letter of the alphabet of the year in which they are born.  Hence O'Connor.  I think it must have been last ditch because, let's face it, this is hardly a name for a German Sausage Dog.  I simply screech "Connor" at him when he is being dreadful yet again.

But what a rotten little sweetie he is.  I think I might have been suckered.

Where is SIL ?   Do hope that he is OK

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #603 on: May 17, 2020, 03:55:26 PM »

Of course he is.  He is just keeping his head down for a minute.  But we all do that from time to time.

Offline barrier

« Reply #604 on: May 17, 2020, 08:18:36 PM »

He's fine.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #605 on: May 17, 2020, 08:25:58 PM »
Has he got the hump?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #606 on: May 17, 2020, 08:39:18 PM »
Has he got the hump?

Come on.  We all get the hump from time to time.  Me not least.

Offline barrier

« Reply #608 on: May 20, 2020, 07:08:02 PM »
Good

But do you actually KNOW that?

Thanks for coming back, barrier

He's fine.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline The General

« Reply #610 on: September 25, 2022, 12:16:05 AM »
Thank you.  Pleased to hear that.   Please give him my best wishes.
Bless you, Sadie.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline sadie

« Reply #611 on: September 25, 2022, 02:52:17 AM »
Bless you, Sadie.

How kind of you.  Thankyou.

I truly am worried about SIL.   He doesn't seem to be doing his blog any more unless I am doing the wrong things to open it up.   Do hope he is OK

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #612 on: September 25, 2022, 03:00:00 AM »
How kind of you.  Thankyou.

I truly am worried about SIL.   He doesn't seem to be doing his blog any more unless I am doing the wrong things to open it up.   Do hope he is OK

SIL replied to the comment that I left on his Blog.  He seems to be fine.

Offline Myster

« Reply #613 on: September 25, 2022, 07:13:36 AM »
https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/2022/06/07/madeleine-v-ndas/#comments

He sounded tired and weary then, talking to Jutta Rabe in the German docu.  This is SIL isn't it?...
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #614 on: September 25, 2022, 07:56:14 AM »
https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/2022/06/07/madeleine-v-ndas/#comments

He sounded tired and weary then, talking to Jutta Rabe in the German docu.  This is SIL isn't it?...
I don’t know, but isn’t that Boris Johnson on the left?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly