Author Topic: Only in America Blog: Madeleine McCann Was Not Abducted  (Read 44543 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Only in America Blog: Madeleine McCann Was Not Abducted
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 06:39:37 PM »
I've only skim read it, I'm afraid.

There are already threads on here on the points raised.

- The shutters have been done to death as have potential entrances / exits / keys / locks..

- Amaral and Madeleine's clothes: I'm afraid that's yet another thing that I'm sceptical about in his account as the dog handlers had no problem getting something with Madeleine's smell on it. They were apparently offered clothing and the blanket, and they took the blanket. I can see no logical reason why the PJ should have felt "inhibited" about asking for the clothes that a missing child had been wearing that day...

- There is also a thread on here (possibly more than one) about Gerry's so-called deleted SMS messages. I and a few others remember Albym on 3A phoning the number and it was the Vodafone voicemail reminder number (at the time, as the number later changed). At least two of us posted the number here.

stephen25000

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 06:45:43 PM »
'the jemmied shutters' was part of the fable made up to provide 'evidence' of an abduction.

Even from the paper who brought us the 'sardine munchers' headline

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/maddy-3-goes-missing-472340

and there's the classic

“There was no evidence of a break-in,” said Mr Mitchell (The McCanns’ spokesperson – Irish Independent, 25 October 2007).

“Kate said the shutters of the room were smashed.”

(b) Brian Healy Grandfather:

“Gerry told me when they went back the shutters to the room were broken, they were jemmied up and she was gone,”
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:49:22 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Carana

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 07:27:25 PM »
One of the family members referred to their "chalet", and IIRC, another to their "hotel", so there was presumably some confusion in communication.

I don't see why an initial assumption that the shutters had been forced up from the outside in the general panic of the situation is somehow "proof" that no abduction occurred. Neither am I convinced by the credit-card demonstration of the door lock that is somehow meant to prove that no outsider got in.

If you're actually faking an abduction and the story is that they were jemmied, then why not just... erm, find an implement to leave marks of "jemmying"? Or take a knife or something and mess up the area around the door lock?

Offline Admin

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 07:32:19 PM »
Confusion was the order of the day in those minutes and hours immediately following the child's dsappearance.  No doubt the communications made to those at home were for the most part hysterical and incoherent so little wonder the true nature of events were lost on them receiving the calls.

Offline jassi

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 07:38:06 PM »
Confusion was the order of the day in those minutes and hours immediately following the child's dsappearance.  No doubt the communications made to those at home were for the most part hysterical and incoherent so little wonder the true nature of events were lost on them receiving the calls.

I'm sure  family and friends  believed everything they were told at the beginning . Why should they think otherwise?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Admin

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 07:40:23 PM »

I'm sure  family and friends  believed everything they were told at the beginning . Why should they think otherwise?

Without a doubt they did, they had no reason to believe otherwise.

Offline Anna

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 07:46:12 PM »
One of the family members referred to their "chalet", and IIRC, another to their "hotel", so there was presumably some confusion in communication.

I don't see why an initial assumption that the shutters had been forced up from the outside in the general panic of the situation is somehow "proof" that no abduction occurred. Neither am I convinced by the credit-card demonstration of the door lock that is somehow meant to prove that no outsider got in.

If you're actually faking an abduction and the story is that they were jemmied, then why not just... erm, find an implement to leave marks of "jemmying"? Or take a knife or something and mess up the area around the door lock?

Very good points made, Carana.
These points, can only confirm that it was not a staged abduction.

Although they believed that the shutters were forced(not knowing, how easily they can be opened from outside) and that she had been abducted, they could not entirely rule out the other possibilities.............. 
Then how would they explain the damaged shutters and door, if she was found?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Lace

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 07:47:54 PM »
It is just so tiresome to read stuff like this.

Still going on about the shutters for goodness sake.

The McCann's were phoning home absolutely devastated in a state of utter panic.

Gerry's sister said Gerry was crying his eyes out,   she couldn't make out what he was saying for a while.   The McCann's thought the shutters had been forced up,   as anyone would who found shutters up when they had left them closed,  their obvious thoughts would have been that someone had forced the shutters from outside and taken Madeleine.

What the sister was told was obviously repeated but instead of saying forced or broken she used the word 'jemmied'   as for the door being wide open,   the door to the bedroom was open wider than the McCann's had left it,  so this has been confused too.

I keep saying this,   why on earth would the McCann's say the shutters were broken when they weren't???   If they wanted to stage a break in then for goodness sake BREAK the shutters!!   

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 07:57:42 PM »
It is just so tiresome to read stuff like this.

Still going on about the shutters for goodness sake.

The McCann's were phoning home absolutely devastated in a state of utter panic.

Gerry's sister said Gerry was crying his eyes out,   she couldn't make out what he was saying for a while.   The McCann's thought the shutters had been forced up,   as anyone would who found shutters up when they had left them closed,  their obvious thoughts would have been that someone had forced the shutters from outside and taken Madeleine.

What the sister was told was obviously repeated but instead of saying forced or broken she used the word 'jemmied'   as for the door being wide open,   the door to the bedroom was open wider than the McCann's had left it,  so this has been confused too.

I keep saying this,   why on earth would the McCann's say the shutters were broken when they weren't???   If they wanted to stage a break in then for goodness sake BREAK the shutters!!   

The "sceptics" will still be going on about the shutters until their dying breaths, surely you realise this by now. 

Offline Admin

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2015, 08:11:25 PM »
A point worth considering is this.  An intruder could not have accessed the apartment had the front door been locked.

Offline Anna

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2015, 08:24:03 PM »
A point worth considering is this.  An intruder could not have accessed the apartment had the front door been locked.

There is the possibility, that a small person entered through the window and opened the front door for another, or had a front door key?

How did the burglars get into the apartments that were robbed?
― Plato

Offline jassi

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 08:24:43 PM »

I always find this a bit confusing.
There appears to be no handle on the outside of the door, so surely the door would be effectively locked, as it would be with a Yale-type lock and could only be opened from outside with a key.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anna

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2015, 08:33:52 PM »
I always find this a bit confusing.
There appears to be no handle on the outside of the door, so surely the door would be effectively locked, as it would be with a Yale-type lock and could only be opened from outside with a key.

My lock is very similar to the one on 5A, but the key is different. We have not handle on the outside.
To unlock the door from the inside a small lever on the left is pulled out to the left, thus unlocking the door. If this lever in then turned upwards it will keep the door open, but the door can still be locked from the outside or doublelocked if the lever is down. Sorry if that is a bit confusing, Jassi, but difficult to explain really.
― Plato

Offline jassi

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2015, 08:46:48 PM »
My lock is very similar to the one on 5A, but the key is different. We have not handle on the outside.
To unlock the door from the inside a small lever on the left is pulled out to the left, thus unlocking the door. If this lever in then turned upwards it will keep the door open, but the door can still be locked from the outside or doublelocked if the lever is down. Sorry if that is a bit confusing, Jassi, but difficult to explain really.

I think I  understand. Can you open the door from the outside without a key ?

Or maybe not -

Offline Anna

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »
I think I  understand. Can you open the door from the outside without a key ?

No, We can not, Jassi, only from the inside. As you say it will lock on closing, if the latch is not lifted, otherwise it will stay open.
 However it can be double locked after pulling the door closed from the outside.
― Plato