Author Topic: Has support for the McCanns and Goncalo Amaral reached cult status?  (Read 46455 times)

stephen25000

It has become very apparent, in my opinion that the support offered to the Mccanns by some people goes way above what I would call reasonable and logical behaviour.

No matter how many reverses the Mccanns have suffered through the court system, and it is their behaviour which triggered the case, the support still exists, but in a diminishing number of people.

Likewise, excuses are always offered for their behaviour, but it never stacks up in both logic and common sense terms.

So why does it continue ?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 01:27:33 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Mr Gray

It has become very apparent, in my opinion that the support offered to the Mccanns by some people goes way above what I would call reasonable and logical behaviour.

No matter how many reverses the Mccanns have suffered through the court system, and it is their behaviour which triggered the case, the support still exists, but in a diminishing number of people.

Likewise, excuses are always offered for their behaviour, but it never stacks up in both logic and common sense terms.

So why does it continue ?

perhaps it is your idea of what reasonable or logical behaviour is...I find the persecution of the McCanns to be unreasonable and illogical

stephen25000

perhaps it is your idea of what reasonable or logical behaviour is...I find the persecution of the McCanns to be unreasonable and illogical

Of course.

You would say nothing else.

The behaviour of the Mccanns  was both unreasonable and illogical.

Offline Mr Gray

Of course.

You would say nothing else.

The behaviour of the Mccanns  was both unreasonable and illogical.

i would say the behavior of those who criticise them is unreasonable and illogical

stephen25000

The mccanns negligent behaviour led to this case.

There is no going away from that.

As to why some people offer unconditional support to them is another question, and part of the reason why I suggested this thread title.

Offline Mr Gray

The mccanns negligent behaviour led to this case.

There is no going away from that.

As to why some people offer unconditional support to them is another question, and part of the reason why I suggested this thread title.
i would say the behavior of those who criticise them is unreasonable and illogical

stephen25000

Why ?

The mccanns behaviour sparked the events leading to Madeleine's disappearance.

This behaviour has cost tax payers in the UK £12 MILLION PLUS, that doesn't even count what the Portuguese tax payers have had to pay out.

All because of the mccanns.

Offline slartibartfast

Is cult strong enough?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 09:43:07 PM by Admin »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

Is cult strong enough?

I think it goes way beyond that Slarti.

Offline Mr Gray

I think it goes way beyond that Slarti.

so where do you get your definition of a cult...please post

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Has support for the McCanns and Goncalo Amaral reached cult status?
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 07:53:56 PM »
probably not for the cult who spend much of their time criticising them

A system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object:

Nope, doesn't fit the sceptics.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 07:54:45 PM »
Is cult strong enough?

are you suggesting my posting here is cultish or beyond cultish...please expand

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 07:55:18 PM »
Nope, doesn't fit the sceptics.

so you think your definition fits the supporters

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 08:00:24 PM »
so you think your definition fits the supporters

IMO, some of them yes.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 08:01:27 PM »
slarti has supplied the definition of a cult as being

A system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object:

and the described supporters behaviour as beyond a cult.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 09:46:24 PM by Admin »