Author Topic: Has support for the McCanns and Goncalo Amaral reached cult status?  (Read 46466 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Has support for the McCanns and Goncalo Amaral reached cult status?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2016, 09:12:52 PM »
The mccanns aren't oppressed.

FAR FROM IT.

i disagree
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:26:37 PM by Admin »

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2016, 09:14:19 PM »
The mccanns aren't oppressed.

FAR FROM IT.

the mcanns have had more  worldwide  media then anybody in history   

Offline Brietta

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2016, 09:37:13 PM »

I have yet to see you once criticize the mccanns behaviour in Portugal, or criticize or admit the nature of some people supporting the mccanns , who abuse others.

You have started a thread ... using a post making assertions and allegations ... one can only assume your refusal to clarify and substantiate what you claim, is you quite simply cannot because what you claim has absolutely no substance.

You have made an accusation of cult like behaviour ... please be prepared to substantiate that claim ... or I suggest you consider withdrawing it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:01:18 PM by Admin »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2016, 09:45:57 PM »

You have started a thread ... using a post making assertions and allegations ... one can only assume your refusal to clarify and substantiate what you claim, is you quite simply cannot because what you claim has absolutely no substance.

You have made an accusation of cult like behaviour ... please be prepared to substantiate that claim ... or I suggest you consider withdrawing it.

No, I will not withdraw what people can plainly see in the behaviour exhibited by various parties.

I note for example, as per usual, your refusal to answer my questions to you.

I have yet to see you once criticize the McCann's behaviour or that of some of their followers who abuse others.

Do not deny it happens.

Examples have been given on this forum on several occasions.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:04:59 PM by Admin »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2016, 09:46:51 PM »
Any reason one can think of why the thread originator is unable to substantiate the claim he has made?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:05:49 PM by Admin »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2016, 09:48:08 PM »
Any reason one can think of why the thread originator is unable to substantiate the claim he has made?

Look at the link supplied earlier.

It would help.

Also answer my question.

It would help.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:06:21 PM by Admin »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2016, 09:49:15 PM »
No, I will not withdraw what people can plainly see in the behaviour exhibited by various parties.

I have yet to see you once criticize the McCann's behaviour or that of some of their followers who abuse others.

Do not deny it happens.

there is no cult on this forum and the fact that you think there is shows how poor your understanding of the situation is
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:07:50 PM by Admin »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2016, 09:49:54 PM »

Do not deny it happens.

Substantiate your claim ... if you cannot please desist from making spurious, insulting acclamations directed at fellow members and have the decency to withdraw a clearly misguided belief.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:09:43 PM by Admin »

stephen25000

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2016, 09:53:20 PM »
Substantiate your claim ... if you cannot please desist from making spurious, insulting acclamations directed at fellow members and have the decency to withdraw a clearly misguided belief.

Incorrect.

The behaviour of certain parties is very clear to see.

Again you refuse to answer my questions.

It is not a misguided belief. It is observation and shared by other people.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:10:17 PM by Admin »

Online Admin

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2016, 10:13:50 PM »
I'm only going to post this once.  I have allowed this thread on the basis that the topic subject could be of interest to some.  If however posters continue to use this thread as some sort of platform to have a go then I will delete this thread in its entirety.

Admin 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 11:27:16 PM by Admin »

Online Admin

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2016, 10:20:32 PM »
It has become very apparent, in my opinion that the support offered to the Mccanns by some people goes way above what I would call reasonable and logical behaviour.

No matter how many reverses the Mccanns have suffered through the court system, and it is their behaviour which triggered the case, the support still exists, but in a diminishing number of people.

Likewise, excuses are always offered for their behaviour, but it never stacks up in both logic and common sense terms.

So why does it continue ?

Support for the McCann family is no different from the support enjoyed by Goncalo Amaral but to infer that it is akin to a cult status is somewhat of an exaggeration.  That said however, there are fanatical individuals on both sides who pursue their individual allegiances with great fervour and passion to the exclusion of all else.

That surely cannot be healthy?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:24:16 PM by Admin »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2016, 10:23:56 PM »
Support for the McCann family is no different from the support enjoyed by Goncalo Amaral but to infer that it is akin to a cult status is somewhat of an exaggeration.

Absolutely no different to the support enjoyed by amaral...so we have cult amaral and cult mccannn...according to stephen...or no cult at all ..according to me

Offline Brietta

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2016, 10:24:23 PM »
I'm only going to post this once.  I have allowed this thread on the basis that the topic subject could be of interest to some.  If however posters continue to use this thread as some sort of platform to have a go then I will delete this thread in its entirety.

Admin 

I have no association with a cult of any description and find it an offensive definition.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2016, 10:25:44 PM »
I have no association with a cult of any description and find it an offensive definition.

as I do too...and cannot understand why this thread has been allowed

Online Admin

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2016, 10:31:30 PM »
I have altered the title of this thread to widen the question to Mr Amaral.  I believe members can debate this subject without the need for abusive comments.

Please prove me right!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:33:47 PM by Admin »