Author Topic: Is the maddie fund.... now a secret fund  (Read 54960 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Is the maddie fund.... now a secret fund
« Reply #375 on: July 08, 2018, 07:20:26 PM »
As pointed out previously, those funds have been exhausted long ago.
There is still money in the fund, most of it raised by Kate McCann, but you don’t think she should have any say on how it is spent?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #376 on: July 08, 2018, 07:22:37 PM »
A poster made a good point yesterday to the effect that the directors should all have been completely independent of the family and especially so given the McCanns former official status within the investigation and the recent Portuguese Supreme Court clarification.

the SC clarification does not impy any guilt towards the mccanns...the archiving report was clear that there was no evidence of a crime by rthe mccanns. Posters here can say what they like....it is none of their business who is apponted as directors of the fund...the only complaints i here are from those who..imo...do not understand the evidence
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:24:58 PM by Davel »

Offline John

« Reply #377 on: July 08, 2018, 07:28:09 PM »
There is still money in the fund, most of it raised by Kate McCann, but you don’t think she should have any say on how it is spent?

I think that's the point that was being made, money received as result of libel action should have been kept separate from the Madeleine Fund.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #378 on: July 08, 2018, 07:32:35 PM »
I think that's the point that was being made, money received as result of libel action should have been kept separate from the Madeleine Fund.

I think its up to the McCanns who have raised the money to decide

Offline John

« Reply #379 on: July 08, 2018, 07:33:19 PM »
the SC clarification does not impy any guilt towards the mccanns...the archiving report was clear that there was no evidence of a crime by rthe mccanns. Posters here can say what they like....it is none of their business who is apponted as directors of the fund...the only complaints i here are from those who..imo...do not understand the evidence

The Portuguese Supreme Court declaration was unambiguous.  It stated that the McCanns were wrong to claim that they had been proven innocent or cleared of any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance.  Take out of that what you may!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4206214/Court-says-Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-HAVEN-T-cleared.html
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Is the maddie fund.... now a secret fun
« Reply #380 on: July 08, 2018, 07:33:38 PM »
So if I’m following this correctly, you feel that money donated by the public should have been controlled by a board of directors not including the McCanns and then when all the moeney from the public got used then the McCanns should not have topped it up with money they received personally, from libel actions and book.  Would you have rather the McCanns just kept the money in their own bank account and kept entirely secret how they chose to spend that money?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #381 on: July 08, 2018, 07:37:27 PM »
The Portuguese Supreme Court declaration was unambiguous.  It stated that the McCanns were wrong to claim that they had been proven innocent or cleared of any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance.  Take out of that what you may!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4206214/Court-says-Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-HAVEN-T-cleared.html

of course they havent been proved innocent...and Im sure the mccanns never claimed that....thefact that they havent been proved innocent is no indication that thye are. i think there is alot of misunderstanding about what the mccanns lawyer cliamed...if she claimed the archiving report is evidence of innocence then i think shes absolutely right

Offline John

« Reply #382 on: July 08, 2018, 07:40:00 PM »
So if I’m following this correctly, you feel that money donated by the public should have been controlled by a board of directors not including the McCanns and then when all the moeney from the public got used then the McCanns should not have topped it up with money they received personally, from libel actions and book.  Would you have rather the McCanns just kept the money in their own bank account and kept entirely secret how they chose to spend that money?

I have pointed out what other members views are.  As it is, Madeleine's fate is as yet undetermined, nobody has been prosecuted in relation to her disappearance, the investigation is still wide open.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #383 on: July 08, 2018, 07:42:32 PM »
I have pointed out what other members views are.  As it is, Madeleine's fate is as yet undetermined, nobody has been prosecuted in relation to her disappearance, the investigation is still wide open.
I know that but what does that have to do with how the Fund is managed?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #384 on: July 08, 2018, 07:43:05 PM »

and according to the archiving report...and the present PJ investigation..there is no evidence against the parents...

Offline John

« Reply #385 on: July 08, 2018, 07:43:54 PM »
of course they havent been proved innocent...and Im sure the mccanns never claimed that....thefact that they havent been proved innocent is no indication that thye are. i think there is alot of misunderstanding about what the mccanns lawyer cliamed...if she claimed the archiving report is evidence of innocence then i think shes absolutely right

The SC judges stated that the lifting of the arguido status did not mean they were innocent.

Offline John

« Reply #386 on: July 08, 2018, 07:45:01 PM »
and according to the archiving report...and the present PJ investigation..there is no evidence against the parents...

Only they know what the current status is but 'unresolved' would be a good starter.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #387 on: July 08, 2018, 07:46:36 PM »
The SC judges stated that the lifting of the arguido status did not mean they were innocent.

did they claim that...a full trial and not guilty verdict doesnt prove innocence.....but there is no evidence of guilt.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #388 on: July 08, 2018, 07:47:15 PM »
Only they know what the current status is but 'unresolved' would be a good starter.

unresolved...but the parents are not suspects

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #389 on: July 08, 2018, 07:49:08 PM »
If the mccanns were tried ...they would be found not guilty...so would the SC say...that doesnt mean they are innocent.....in fact the SC to my knowledge never said they were not innocent...lets stick to the facts...not myths