Author Topic: Is there any substance to Dave Edgar's alive and living in a lair claim?  (Read 5309 times)

Offline John

Maddie McCann likely 'ALIVE and living in a lair' – investigator's shock claim

MISSING Madeleine McCann could still be alive and living in a lair without any idea who she is, according to an ex-policeman.

David Edgar maintains his belief Maddie – who went missing aged three in 2007 – is likely being held captive.

He previously claimed she may be in an "underground cellar or dungeon" after she disappeared in Portugal.

Edgar said: "She is most likely being held captive, possibly in an underground cellar or dungeon and could emerge at any time."

And Edgar – a retired Detective Inspector – spoke of his theory again on Monday, in response to the Home Office's pledge to give £150,000 to Scotland Yard in their search for Maddie.

He previously said: "She could literally be anywhere in the world but my hunch is that she is in Portugal.

"The chance that she may have been smuggled out of the country without being detected is highly unlikely.

"There is someone in Portugal with an open knowledge of where she is and what happened.

"Someone knows what happened and it’s time they came forward – maybe they already have."

Edgar said he believes a paedophile kidnap is the most likely scenario, with Maddie being kept against her will with a false identity.

Chillingly she wouldn't even be aware of her status as missing, he said, or that she is at the centre of a global hunt.

More...
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Sunny

Re: Is there any substance to Dave Edgar's alive and living in a lair claim?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 10:16:56 AM »
Balderdash IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 11:03:41 AM »
There have been similar cases to that scenario so it can't be ruled out.

Personally I can't see any reason why a person couldn't be taken out of Portugal as there were no possible way of checking all the vehicles leaving.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 11:25:00 AM »
His opinion is based on a hunch. A hunch is no more than a feeling or a guess based on intuition. He has no evidence at all, so his opinion has no substance whatsoever.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 07:02:52 PM »
His opinion is based on a hunch. A hunch is no more than a feeling or a guess based on intuition. He has no evidence at all, so his opinion has no substance whatsoever.

It's wishful thinking pure and simple. There has never been anything revealed which could in any way suggest Maddie is alive and being held somewhere.  The police believe her to be deceased and I concur.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 09:07:59 PM »
It's wishful thinking pure and simple. There has never been anything revealed which could in any way suggest Maddie is alive and being held somewhere.  The police believe her to be deceased and I concur.

Maybe Edgar is preparing the ground for another private search when the government money runs out?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 09:11:01 PM »
Maybe Edgar is preparing the ground for another private search when the government money runs out?

Can a private search take place while there is an ongoing PJ investigation ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 09:38:59 PM »
Can a private search take place while there is an ongoing PJ investigation ?
There were private searches in the first week.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 09:56:36 PM »

Applying to be back on the payroll, you mean? Rumour says that there will be no Funds remaining after the costs incurred in Portugal have been paid.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 08:36:39 AM »
There were private searches in the first week.

Who by ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 08:46:55 AM »
Who by ?
Public.  I don't know who but they are mentioned in an interview.
Moderation

Offline Lace

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 10:09:13 AM »
Why would she be given a false identity if she was being kept in a lair unable to escape?    I don't agree when he says that Madeleine couldn't have left Portugal without being detected.   There was plenty of time for her to have been taken over the border. 

Madeleine could have been taken by a lone Paedophile,  though I believe it was organised,  that people had been watching the McCann's apartment,  it's too much of a coincidence that there were men posing as charity collectors sussing out apartments.   One woman said a man actually entered her apartment and stared at her child.

Offline jassi

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 10:32:26 AM »
Why would she be given a false identity if she was being kept in a lair unable to escape?    I don't agree when he says that Madeleine couldn't have left Portugal without being detected.   There was plenty of time for her to have been taken over the border. 

Madeleine could have been taken by a lone Paedophile,  though I believe it was organised,  that people had been watching the McCann's apartment,  it's too much of a coincidence that there were men posing as charity collectors sussing out apartments.   One woman said a man actually entered her apartment and stared at her child.

Not much for her to look forward to if that were the case.

Or maybe not -

Offline Lace

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 11:20:46 AM »
Not much for her to look forward to if that were the case.

No.

Not much for her to look forward to in either case,  she was taken from her family who loved her.

Offline The General

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 07:04:15 PM »
Underground 'lair'? I wonder how many of these he stumbled upon in his career. Zero?
The press need to stop asking this crank for an opinion.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum